Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold - page 50. (Read 28600 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 250
August 20, 2017, 01:33:22 PM
Above ground gold is worth $6T compare that to BTC market cap, and you'll see that it's a hundred times smaller. But even gold is nothing comparing to seeds and drinking water (they are building GMO free seeds depositors not for fun).
Water may become extremely valuable in the future but it has many of the same problems as gold, it is really expensive to store it and at the moment the expense of trying to store so much water cannot be justified at the moment since it is still very cheap.
Activity: 798
Merit: 182
August 20, 2017, 09:13:54 AM
Not yet, gold still has a lot of devotee, I think bitcoin and gold is good to be the future of money. Sending gold is difficult so Bitcoin can be the representative of gold although there are a limitation of the amount of Bitcoin.
Activity: 336
August 20, 2017, 08:56:40 AM
The cost of Bitcoin have surpassed the cost of gold many times for the first time this year; be that as it may, this examination is totally self-assertive.

Gold is measured in weight, while Bitcoin, much like cash, is a unique type of cash and must be measured in units of itself. One Bitcoin is justified regardless of significantly more than 1 gram of gold, however significantly under 1 ton. In spite of Bitcoin's stellar performance in 2016 and 2017, the size and profundity of the cryptocurrency market is predominated by the $7 trillion gold market.
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
August 20, 2017, 08:42:41 AM
I dont think that bitcoin would be able to defeat gold, as for gold is way more precious that bitcoin. Maybe bitcoin is much more expensive now than gold, but gold will never be gone. Let's just not compare these two.
bitcoin is better than gold no doubt the worth and the importance of the bitcoin is much higher than gold bitcoin beat gold back in the 2012 when the price of the bitcoin was about 1300$ and the price of the gold was 500$ so we can see bitcoin has been important and more valuable than gold long ago to invest money.

Yes I agree with you that Bitcoin is better than gold as we see more and more people are investing in Bitcoin than gold.
In terms of current profitability, Bitcoin has defeated Gold in every manner possible. And i doubt that Bitcoin is going to crash so hard that its going to go below the $2000 value. Even when it goes to that value its still valuable than Gold. Bitcoin is currently the most profitable commodity in the entire world.
If Bitcoin can call is an asset, this is the asset have highest value than other rare asset until today on the world, except for diamonds.
Actually, in this year after Bitcoin breakout $2,000, many investor on the world understand the potential of Bitcoin better than Gold many more.
This is reason make the price of Bitcoin increasing until today.
Activity: 314
Merit: 105
August 20, 2017, 08:37:45 AM
Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
That's true, bitcoin has definitely defeated the gold. And as you can see bitcoin has now $4000 in price and it continue growing. Hence, I think it is more appropriate on investment compared to gold because it has more potential for you to gain profit here.
Activity: 644
August 20, 2017, 08:32:25 AM
I dont think that bitcoin would be able to defeat gold, as for gold is way more precious that bitcoin. Maybe bitcoin is much more expensive now than gold, but gold will never be gone. Let's just not compare these two.
bitcoin is better than gold no doubt the worth and the importance of the bitcoin is much higher than gold bitcoin beat gold back in the 2012 when the price of the bitcoin was about 1300$ and the price of the gold was 500$ so we can see bitcoin has been important and more valuable than gold long ago to invest money.

Yes I agree with you that Bitcoin is better than gold as we see more and more people are investing in Bitcoin than gold.
In terms of current profitability, Bitcoin has defeated Gold in every manner possible. And i doubt that Bitcoin is going to crash so hard that its going to go below the $2000 value. Even when it goes to that value its still valuable than Gold. Bitcoin is currently the most profitable commodity in the entire world.
I would like to know why you doubt that Bitcoin is going to crash this hard that will touch $2000 again?

Comparing gold and Bitcoin on the basis of price is baseless. They both have their own price driving factors. Where Bitcoin price varies largely due to demand and supply and has limited supply, thus, price will grow in future as well, gold vary largely with dollar price, oil prices along with supply and demand and is lot more famous than Bitcoin. These are two different commodities that can't be compared. Both are excellent investment assets and are best to have diversified investment plan.
Activity: 434
August 20, 2017, 08:14:12 AM

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
August 20, 2017, 07:48:50 AM

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
August 20, 2017, 06:31:16 AM
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.

I totally agree with these, but the only thing that makes gold better than BTC is that gold's price is not volatile, it's a sure investment. On the other hand, bitcoin's volatility makes it good for short-term investments and even for long term investments. A lot of people are investing more in bitcoin than gold.

Some people are, but most of them unfortunately are not. Even with today's high price for Bitcoin the Market Cap for BTC is around 74 Billion USD, and for gold it is around $7 trillion. This is like 100 times more. I do think that the situation will change in favor of Bitcoin in the future, but for now much more people prefer to invest in gold.
Where are you living dude? People are preferring bitcoins over gold now. They are treating gold as the older means of investments. Bitcoins volatile nature is giving opportunity of becoming rich in short time which gold badly lacks. You can’t be millionaire with gold in few months but that is possible with bitcoins.

He is right, it's you who has a biased view because you live in this forum not in the real world.
Take a walk (if not possible in rl do it through yt videos) and see what only the Dubai gold district means. Just the numbers from the DSF are dwarfing every btc related business.

~

That's right, some people lose contact with reality hanging on this forum. There are still a lot of people, educated people from big cities, who don't use Bitcoin and know little about it. I meet them almost every day, I tell them about Bitcoin thinking that at least now they know, but, nope, they still don't.

Yes, Bitcoin is better than gold in terms of investment, but the vast majority think otherwise.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
August 20, 2017, 02:57:38 AM
The unexpected value of bitcoin this year experienced a very high increase, although it had a decline again but not to drop drastically, but after that went back bitcoin increased higher. In this year bitcoin prices are much higher if compared to gold even in my opinion until the future is also bitcoin able to beat the price of gold.
Bitcoin already beat the price of the gold and even though it already beat the price, bitcoin is still hungry for a higher price and i believe that in the future we can see more higher price for bitcoin and there is no doubt that those people who are in the traditional investment will just migrate to bitcoin because they will see a brighter future with bitcoin.
Gold are good only for collection but if we talk about the price bitcoin defeated gold and the price are big difference.
I agree that more investors now they migrate on bitcoin. Its been a good one to invest on bitcoin than to gold.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
August 20, 2017, 02:07:32 AM
The unexpected value of bitcoin this year experienced a very high increase, although it had a decline again but not to drop drastically, but after that went back bitcoin increased higher. In this year bitcoin prices are much higher if compared to gold even in my opinion until the future is also bitcoin able to beat the price of gold.
Bitcoin already beat the price of the gold and even though it already beat the price, bitcoin is still hungry for a higher price and i believe that in the future we can see more higher price for bitcoin and there is no doubt that those people who are in the traditional investment will just migrate to bitcoin because they will see a brighter future with bitcoin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
August 20, 2017, 12:15:49 AM
Activity: 700
August 19, 2017, 09:44:45 PM
Bitconi will continue to death gold mah boi!!! Smiley Smiley

Always. It will continue to go up in price. More and more people are using it every day. The marketcapet is over 140,000,000,000 USD.

Bitcoin also is now higher marketcap than Paypal if you didn't know.

Shall continue to rise rise rise!!!!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 476
Merit: 254
August 19, 2017, 06:38:06 PM
In comparing two things in other of identify the variance, or establish suoremacy, not just one factor is put into consideration because if you ask me, the only thing that bitcoin has gotten more than gold is  price in which aside that, I don't see any other thing  is it the backing of a physical asset, or the long-term availability or support from government all this gold has gotten more that bitcoin.
August 19, 2017, 05:21:08 PM
I really believe this is an overstatement. Comparing prices from 1 BTC to 1 XAU is too reductive. Gold is still the number one store of value asset. It proved itself and stood the test of time. BTC is still in early stages. Let´s see wha the future brings us
Activity: 868
Merit: 535
August 19, 2017, 04:50:25 PM
As at today I bitcoin is more than 3 time one oz of gold and I think bitcoin has replaced gold as many people that are into gold investment has coverted there investment to bitcoin. Bitcoin is over performing to well and I do believe that in months to come we would see another great level of bitcoin success.
Bitcoin performance in market has been wonderful since last 2 years. It crossed the value of gold a very long time ago. But there are still foolish people who think it is useless. But the truth is that by observing the performance of bitcoin in current time it is obvious that one day it will surpass the value of a diamond. And there will be nothing more valuable than a bitcoin. so we must be proud that we are living in an era where bitcoin is growing.

Yeah, if you invested in bitcoins in the past few years, you would beat every securities and investments out there. And seems like bitcoins isn't stopping anytime soon. I guess this is really the future of finance. We need just more people to use it and believe in it to really see it grow to its full potential. Bitcoins really did exceed my expectation of it as an investment.
August 19, 2017, 04:44:04 PM
As at today I bitcoin is more than 3 time one oz of gold and I think bitcoin has replaced gold as many people that are into gold investment has coverted there investment to bitcoin. Bitcoin is over performing to well and I do believe that in months to come we would see another great level of bitcoin success.
Bitcoin performance in market has been wonderful since last 2 years. It crossed the value of gold a very long time ago. But there are still foolish people who think it is useless. But the truth is that by observing the performance of bitcoin in current time it is obvious that one day it will surpass the value of a diamond. And there will be nothing more valuable than a bitcoin. so we must be proud that we are living in an era where bitcoin is growing.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
August 19, 2017, 04:19:45 PM

I totally agree with these, but the only thing that makes gold better than BTC is that gold's price is not volatile, it's a sure investment. On the other hand, bitcoin's volatility makes it good for short-term investments and even for long term investments. A lot of people are investing more in bitcoin than gold.

Some people are, but most of them unfortunately are not. Even with today's high price for Bitcoin the Market Cap for BTC is around 74 Billion USD, and for gold it is around $7 trillion. This is like 100 times more. I do think that the situation will change in favor of Bitcoin in the future, but for now much more people prefer to invest in gold.
Where are you living dude? People are preferring bitcoins over gold now. They are treating gold as the older means of investments. Bitcoins volatile nature is giving opportunity of becoming rich in short time which gold badly lacks. You can’t be millionaire with gold in few months but that is possible with bitcoins.

He is right, it's you who has a biased view because you live in this forum not in the real world.
Take a walk (if not possible in rl do it through yt videos) and see what only the Dubai gold district means. Just the numbers from the DSF are dwarfing every btc related business.

And your whole point is that people prefer BTC because they can get millions in a few months.
Ok, good point taken.
What will happen then when BTC hits 1 million.?
Of course there will be no way to get 1000x% gains in matter of months. Does this mean people will abandon BTC ?

Activity: 798
Merit: 253
August 19, 2017, 03:15:29 PM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
August 19, 2017, 03:06:40 PM
As at today 1 bitcoin is more than 3 time one oz of gold and I think bitcoin has replaced gold as many people that are into gold investment has coverted there investment to bitcoin.

Bitcoin replacing gold? Give me a break! Gold has been seen as a store of value and money for thousands of years. Bitcoin has only existed for 8 years, and is very speculative. More than that, comparing one bitcoin to one ounce of gold is arbitrary. What does "one ounce" have to do with the actual supply of gold?

Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge bitcoin supporter, and I think that it's going to be very much integrated into future society. But I also don't think gold (nor fiat money) are going anywhere. That's where a lot of bitcoiners are wrong, I think.
Pages:
Jump to: