Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold - page 6. (Read 28600 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 06:20:16 AM
Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.

The bitcoin will cost much more than gold, because very soon we will not be able to mine it, 21,000,000 and everything, more definitely will not be and all these coins are backed by a huge amount of electricity and equipment for mining. And how much gold will they still produce? Nobody knows! And every year it is getting more and more.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
March 09, 2018, 11:59:07 PM
It's like a bigbang . I love that
Activity: 659
Merit: 250
March 09, 2018, 11:52:41 PM
We can not say that bitcoin has defeated gold, if we calculate marketcap bitcoin vs gold of course is still very far and gold is bigger than bitcoin, it is certainly a logical consideration for us to divide money into several types of investments including gold.
I agree, somehow it is not that bitcoin defeats gold because this two are the most valuable material in this world. These are differential bitcoins is an online digital currency and while gold is a physical reserve material that is widely known and use in all nations. Both is good and gold has not defeated as long as it is expensive.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 255
March 09, 2018, 10:53:24 PM
I do not see any official news, so if anyone says that bitcoin has defeated gold of course this is our opinion as a bitcoin user, if we measure from marketcap then bitcoin has not reached 0.0001% of marketcap gold.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
March 09, 2018, 09:43:42 PM
We can not say that bitcoin has defeated gold, if we calculate marketcap bitcoin vs gold of course is still very far and gold is bigger than bitcoin, it is certainly a logical consideration for us to divide money into several types of investments including gold.

In terms of investment they are both qualified the gold and bitcoin but bitcoin will defeat gold time and time because the value of gold is not rising fast compare to bitcoin investments that the value in the market will rise fast and your investment may have the advantage than gold.
Activity: 586
Merit: 250
March 09, 2018, 07:20:30 PM
Activity: 648
Merit: 502
March 09, 2018, 07:05:44 PM
Bitcoin has defeated gold already.

How can you say that BTC already defeated gold? because of the price?
1 ounce of gold and 1 BTC is two different things.
People must not think it that way, the BTC market cap is still far from gold. It's not all about the price. Its about the adoption, volatility, safety, and ancient value.

I think It's not easy. Gold is the most efficient asset in the world and people want gold everytime in the history. Because gold is meaning glory and wealth. Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency not. Roll Eyes

Yes, and its value will go up and will drastically increase in the next years, as an asset and as a jewelry it is unbeatable. I want BTC to have a credibility like this, but this would take decades before that happens.

Activity: 123
Merit: 10
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
March 09, 2018, 02:22:44 AM
It was done now and this is reality we are in now?
I dunno. Embarrassed
I dont think so if bitcoin will defeated gold. Because we all k ow gold is much expensive unlike bitcoin the value of this is not stable. But everybody can own bitcoin even if small amount to start to earn more bitcoin.
Activity: 413
March 09, 2018, 01:42:19 AM
Like you numerous individuals have purchased bitcoin with the expectation that one day it will defeat every one of the organizations on the planet in light of the quickly developing cost. What's more, the holders are tensely sitting tight for that time with the goal that they will win increasingly cash when the cost will go considerably higher figure. Other than gold market costs are moderate and the speculators sit tight for quite a while to take their offers in the benefit.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
March 09, 2018, 12:45:53 AM
There's no opposition amongst bitcoin and gold. Bitcoin's cost increment each minute yet it can diminish likewise, While the gold take a few times same as altcoins, they increment late. Happy to see bitcoin outperform gold yet its better not to contrast and it. Bitcoin can be crash whenever while gold can never be slammed and has been trusted by everybody for a very long time.
Activity: 308
D E P O S I T O R Y N E T W O R K
March 05, 2018, 01:40:17 AM
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
Yeah its true nothing can stop Bitcoin but Bitcoin can dump high so dont be happy not like gold Gold dosent dump so high. For me Gold is much better because Bitcoin is too Risky.
Activity: 140
March 04, 2018, 11:39:50 PM
Well!.. I don't exactly know the value of each gold and how it was being trade or sell but as far as bitcoin is concern it's price value has the potential to increase than the usual and it can indeed beat gold.
Activity: 84
March 04, 2018, 08:51:09 PM
Gold's price absolutely depends on another things and it's worldwidely used from begining. Also if we look bitcoin, it's supply is limited like gold in the earth but bitcoin is new, number of mined bitcoins is still low and many people are interested in using it. Also it's decentralized and it's price depends on latest transactions price. So the word Bitcoim has defeated gold <- is wrong.

From the perspective of price levels and potential in future, bitcoin is very superior, Bitcoin should be equated with fiat, not gold. Gold is commodity with a very slow movement, but has a strong resistance to raise prices. While bitcoin is the opposite. Not only from price factor, demand a fast moving market is also the main reason. It's just a matter of hope and confidence, bitcoin certainly beats gold.
Yes of course, bitcoin has already beat gold in terms of trading value. Gold cannot reach that sudden increase of price with respect to time. But gold is already tested  as commodity with high resistance although it has a slower increase of trading value compared to bitcoin.
Activity: 994
Merit: 503
March 04, 2018, 07:28:32 PM
In my opinion has not been defeated gold, this can be seen from various angles for example is the number of users, I'm sure that almost 100% of people in this world know gold while bitcoin users is not more than 1%, this is what makes many countries have not legalized bitcoin so gold is better than bitcoin.
Bitcoin will never defeated gold because Gold has long history and Gold also have many important application in the life. I see you said quite exactly that almost 100% of people in the world know gold while Bitcoin is very a little about 1% - 2%. Beside, Many people think that the price of Bitcoin is higher than Gold but i think they mistook. Total gold in the world is approximate 17 millions Kg and Bitcoin is 17 millions Coin so we should compare 1 Bitcoin and 1 kg Gold. 1 kg Gold = $43,000 now while 1 bitcoin is just $10,0700.
gold will become part of history now bitcoin has defeated gold now and the rate of bitcoin shows that gold is used in ancient time for symbol of richness now people are saying that that one is rich who have maximum no of bitcoins so forget about gold.
If truly we talk about the price and the demand I must say bitcoin is better than gold and it has no comparison with gold. bitcoin is much better than gold it is high in price and it has a lot of potential to grow but gold is being use by a lot of people just as a jwillary nothing else, bitcoin is safe and no one can know about your bitcoin so it will grow for your future and will not bad for your safety as well but a lot of gold can cause danger for you because you can get robe if you are not having proper system to hold your gold. But for bitcoin the only thing you need is wallet to save and the practice to hold and after that everything will be profit only
I do not understand your opinion.
Although you have same idea like me is Bitcoin better than Gold, but you can not prove what reason make Bitcoin better than Gold!
Bitcoin and Gold all can steal through a useless system store both assets.
Not like you said, Bitcoin does not have this risk while the fact, many people lost Bitcoin by hacker.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
March 04, 2018, 05:15:37 PM
In order to defeat gold, first Bitcoin needs to achieve the same level of popularity and user-base as that of its rival. But as of now, Bitcoin is far behind gold in terms of these parameters. Bitcoin is having around 100 million users, while gold is estimated to have more than 2 billion users.

This time it's not just all about the demand, the market cap, or the usage of BTC, or the material value of gold. The concept on how a material survives, though time is one of the most important, yup maybe BTC's market cap is slowly moving up to the market cap of gold which is currently at $7.8 trillion (according to Forbes). If the cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) will be able to survive for hundred of years, then it will be one of the most valuable asset that we can have. If this technology break in 10 more years, then it won't be able to reach the level of gold.

In April 2017, when the bitcoin price overtook the gold price, a Gold Fund started investing in bitcoin:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/24/a-gold-fund-is-investing-in-bitcoin.html

Basically they put 5% of their fund into bitcoin, and to keep the investment at 5%, they sell when the bitcoin element exceeds that amount, and reinvest in gold. It's been profitable for them.

Some of their employees might be a professional trader so I expect no less for them. I even think that billionaires who are saying some negative comments about crypto are secretly trading, buying the dips and selling at ATS.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
March 04, 2018, 04:21:04 PM
I think it's just too early and uncalled for to say that bitcoin has beaten gold utterly. Bitcoin and Gold may have similarities
with the close knit value on the market, but in terms of history and growth, I favor gold the most. In it's one hundred
years of market growth, gold has always shown steady and substantial increase. It lasted more years and centuries and
surely it will outlast bitcoins. But I also have to recognize and give credit to bitcoins, with it's 9 years tenure bitcoins has
shown exceptional market growth and was able to reach, match and even surpass gold's prestigious market price.
Activity: 238
March 03, 2018, 01:25:37 PM
Yes because in this era of social communication and internet access the bitcoin defeated gold because it is earned by accessing the internet by mining or posting like this forum. But in earning gold you need patience and dedicate in digging in order to find one, if you have the right position or location.
Activity: 95
March 03, 2018, 11:24:28 AM
Gold is a precious metal while Bitcoin is a virtual currency. Bitcoin defeated gold only in demand, but gold still remains a reliable and good form for saving and multiplying its funds. I wonder what would think those man who died in the gold fever, i'm sure that they have some regrets  Grin Grin
Activity: 189
March 03, 2018, 10:29:19 AM
LoL
This reconfirms the profitability of the long term bitcoin hold. This thread was started for a year ago. And now you can look on the gold and bitcoin price ratio. Learn from this.
Activity: 104
March 03, 2018, 09:27:19 AM
Wow! Its so nice to hear that one if its true that by April price of bitcoin will up so high than the price of gold. In that case I guess its true that bitcoin is now starting to defeat gold. And congratulations to all of us. We must be very happy for the good news!
Pages:
Jump to: