Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin, How Long Will It Last? - page 3. (Read 5514 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO
February 16, 2015, 01:22:13 PM
I think this will stay for ever.
It's now already more than 5 years and still alive, why should it stop in the (near) future.
The price will go up and down, but that is with everything on the market so.
Some other coins will disappear, but bitcoin will stay forever i think.
Activity: 602
hyperboria - next internet
February 16, 2015, 01:16:08 PM
So, all the coins will eventually be mined, right? (What year was it again? I forgot...) And the only incentive to mine will be the fees.
How much would the fees be? They must be rather big to give enough incentive to mine...

Approximately 2141 when last fraction of bitcoin reward hits the chain... After that purely transaction fees. @ that time fees are most likely to be mandatory and Bitcoin will have much higher conversion value.

but it will continue to be in existence even after that. So will last much more.

Have a doubt we still be needing him at that time.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007
Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets
February 16, 2015, 11:56:41 AM
It's not about endurance , it will just go on as i think
Activity: 532
February 16, 2015, 09:02:39 AM
How long? I think long than all of our lifetime.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
February 16, 2015, 08:39:32 AM
How Long Will Bitcoin Endure?

How long?
How long can it hold its price?
How long can it stand its value?
Is the end near?
Or will it just be remembered in the statue?

It will last till 2140 when all the coins are mined then probably die , we can't see that tho , since we will be all dead by then
i am sure by then there will be powerful machines to mine bitcoin easily no matter the difficulty.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
February 16, 2015, 12:07:57 AM
It is not dying anytime soon
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
February 15, 2015, 07:12:04 PM
I think it will last forever,unless there is a world internet lack
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
February 15, 2015, 05:31:18 PM
How long does it take to "get to the moon"?

I hope it lasts that long with that much success.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
February 15, 2015, 04:27:59 PM
So, all the coins will eventually be mined, right? (What year was it again? I forgot...) And the only incentive to mine will be the fees.
How much would the fees be? They must be rather big to give enough incentive to mine...

There will allways be mining the fees, and it will probably still be profitable, believing that the price should be much higher.
I doubt fees will be mandatory, because once again, if the price becomes insane, even a fraction of bitcoin for fees would be too much.
I believe bitcoin will last for a long time, but also, that it will be replaced by something better in the future, or it will itself be dramaticaly changed to be better.

cheers
Activity: 605
February 15, 2015, 03:32:24 PM

Approximately 2141 when last fraction of bitcoin reward hits the chain... After that purely transaction fees. @ that time fees are most likely to be mandatory and Bitcoin will have much higher conversion value.

Activity: 252
February 15, 2015, 03:14:51 PM
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
February 15, 2015, 03:09:56 PM
The are too many big players and too much money involved to have Bitcoin disappear.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
February 15, 2015, 03:04:01 PM
there is any period to last but  in personal view it last for 100 of years as it is used by every one and alot of avantages can a person get from this it is an interesting topic to discuss.
Activity: 686
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
February 15, 2015, 02:47:49 PM

How long?
Is the end near?

Bitcoin is unlimited, as long a distribution still available.
No one know the price movement, if you know you're time traveler right Cheesy
No.
In wikipedia Grin lol
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
February 15, 2015, 12:38:59 PM
I guess it will last for more 4-5 years but I am not sure if it will have a bright future as of now. It has definitely gained more popularity over these years but it would be good if it can last for longer than 5 years  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
February 15, 2015, 12:37:54 PM
There's no such thing as a post-bitcoin world. It's either bitcoin or apocalypse.
If Bitcoin fails it means we either failed to find a system that's post-fiat or another crypto got success.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
February 15, 2015, 11:38:54 AM
There's no such thing as a post-bitcoin world. It's either bitcoin or apocalypse.
Activity: 602
hyperboria - next internet
February 15, 2015, 10:54:52 AM

How long?
Is the end near?

How long?
As long as someone still mine it.

What price? Current? No one knows.

Same.

Is the end near?
No.

It will be remembered ofc. For a long time.

Activity: 448
February 15, 2015, 10:14:07 AM
bitcoin will exists as long as i live as i will always have the blockchain.

The blockchain won't be very useful if the miners cease and you're the only person using it. The blockchain will slowly fizzle away if something superior comes along.

Bitcoin analysts says that Bitcoin price will have an imminent slump in days to come.
I see these kinds of posts on a regular basis, and I have to wonder whether any of the posters actually believe it, or are just trolling/pumping/dumping.

On the remote possibility that you actually believe what you're posting, let me point out that if any "analyst" could accurately predict that the price was going to go up or down, they would become very rich very quick.  The price is what the price is, and reflects the sum total of all expectations of rise/fall. 

Some are trolling, some are just niave, and some are just looking for any sort of clues about what will happen.

Until the internet is gone. There is no reason why bitcoin won't last or be around. Its value is unpredictable  but it will continue to be widely used. There was a document someone had posted on here where a gentleman suggested that bitcoin could potentially see 50 million users on the network by the end of 2015.

Again I think the only way bitcoin will die is if something else comes along that is far better and people will abandon bitcoin en mass.

Forever until me die  Grin Grin

Are you Jamaican?
Pages:
Jump to: