Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in India - page 3. (Read 1143 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
November 25, 2017, 04:24:27 AM
India is one of the few countries which find it difficult on deciding what to do with Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency in general.  The politicians and bureaucrats could not unite themselves whether to regulate and legalize Bitcoin or just like China ban the whole Bitcoin trading. However, let's give them time as we could not fully blame these leaders since Bitcoin is something new and there are expressed fears and doubts as to what impact it might have on its fragile economy.

I am always telling people that countries who are in doubt should look at Japan as the most successful and important model for accepting and embracing Bitcoin. They can indeed learn a thing or two (no, the lessons are enormous) from the Japanese. Japan is a rich country and Japanese are known to be good entrepreneurs yet they rolled out the red carpet for Bitcoin because they are sure that it is a blessing rather than a curse.

India is one of the most ripe and biggest possible market for Bitcoin. Once India would finally established the regulations on Bitcoin within the country then we can be sure that it would be a big hit and there would be exchanges to operate within its jurisdiction. India should not and must not squander this good opportunity.

I too believe that if India legalize bitcoin by following the Japan, then it will lead India to prosperity. A lot of people will start their own business based on the crypto currency and overall IT related employment will increase which will make the youth happy. Government will earn on taxes. So it will be a win-win situation for both of us.

But the problem is with the politicians and the bureaucrats who actually doesn't have the brain power to understand the fruitfulness of bitcoin and its impact on the economy. There was a Member of Parliament Kirit Somaiya who once said that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. It proves, that they are simply not interested in understanding the bitcoin and the related technology. Whatever money matters goes over their head, become a ponzi scheme for them. That's laughable and hilarious. So I expect very little from this old aged politicians.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
November 24, 2017, 11:09:13 PM
India is one of the few countries which find it difficult on deciding what to do with Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency in general.  The politicians and bureaucrats could not unite themselves whether to regulate and legalize Bitcoin or just like China ban the whole Bitcoin trading. However, let's give them time as we could not fully blame these leaders since Bitcoin is something new and there are expressed fears and doubts as to what impact it might have on its fragile economy.

I am always telling people that countries who are in doubt should look at Japan as the most successful and important model for accepting and embracing Bitcoin. They can indeed learn a thing or two (no, the lessons are enormous) from the Japanese. Japan is a rich country and Japanese are known to be good entrepreneurs yet they rolled out the red carpet for Bitcoin because they are sure that it is a blessing rather than a curse.

India is one of the most ripe and biggest possible market for Bitcoin. Once India would finally established the regulations on Bitcoin within the country then we can be sure that it would be a big hit and there would be exchanges to operate within its jurisdiction. India should not and must not squander this good opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
November 24, 2017, 04:18:45 PM
Is bitcoin legally recognized by the Indian Central Bank?

Friend, its not  recognized as a legal currency in India. Even the reserve bank of India has warned all the bitcoin users about its usage. But there is no problem in holding it or trading it. Very soon government will do something to regulate it . I heard that they are going to regulate it and make it taxable in goods and commodities section. Lets wait and watch what's going to happen in future. 
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
November 24, 2017, 03:31:13 PM
As I know Indian relationships with bitcoin are pretty rough - Bitcoin exchanges are prohibit and permit operations with digital currencies are not expected in the short term.
Meanwhile Indian neighbour Bangladesh totally banned bitcoin. There transactions with every crypto may lead you to the jail for long period of time. I hope India will not follow this example and smooth their position to crypto currencies in the nearly future.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
November 24, 2017, 12:28:27 PM
Pages:
Jump to: