Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in Multibit Classic wallet can Bitcoin Cash Be retrieved ?? - page 2. (Read 5171 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Ok

A vitally important Question here.  If I transfer my BTC from Multibit Classic to a new wallet say electrum.  Can I then import the private key from the now empty multibit classic wallet into electron wallet and my Bitcoin Cash will still be able to be extracted?  Will the electron cash wallet not know that my multibit classic wallet was emptied ?

Thanks
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Firstly, No need to start multiple threads 8 hours apart asking the same question. Tongue

Secondly, no... you can't extract Bitcoin Cash from MultiBit Classic... what you can do is export your private keys from MultiBit Classic and import them into a Bitcoin Cash compatible wallet. You can find BCH wallets listed here: https://www.bitcoincash.org/

If you want it fast and easy, I'd recommend ElectronCash... import (or sweep) your private keys and your BCH should show up...

Obviously, exporting keys should not be taken lightly... it does pose a security risk to your BTC stored on those keys. Better if you move the BTC to new wallet (NOTE: MBClassic is very old and is no longer supported) with new keys etc... and then claim your BCH.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hi Folks

I have Bitcoin in a Multibit Classic Wallet stored off line before and after the fork

Is it possible to extract Bitcoin Cash from Multi Bit Classic ?

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: