Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in your country. - page 9. (Read 1152 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 5
September 13, 2023, 08:45:34 AM
There are two to three reasons why Bitcoin is not valid in my country, but I think it should be adopted by our country.Some of the policymakers of our country are not accepting it, but many policymakers want to accept it again but cannot give them to grow.I am a Bangladeshi citizen I wanted to be allowed to use this coin in my country also not authorized directly but indirectly many organizations are using it in a third party but for us, it is Many obstacles.If bitcoin system launched in my country it is possible to make friendship with many countries like Russia using cryptocurrency under their ban, so they have survived many economic disasters has But if there is a lot of discussion about it, it might be allowed.This currency is completely banned in Bangladesh but can be transacted through some wallets like Bikash Wallet.
****There are no Bitcoin ATMs in Bangladesh, but they are added or supported by Binance.
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
September 13, 2023, 08:16:37 AM
This thread is created to enable bitcoiners in this forum to narrate the status of bitcoin in their country. This will include whether bitcoin is legalised, outlawed or a legal tender in your country. You have the liberty to mention your country or not. Other details may include if bitcoin is mined in your country and the overall friendliness of the government to cryptocurrency in your country.

Importance of the thread
  • This will enable bitcoiners to know the fate of bitcoin in different countries
  • This thread will allow travellers to know bitcoin friendly countries that they will travel to for residential purpose or vacation in order to live a bitcoiner's life.

I go first:

I am a Nigerian.

• On the 5th of February 2021, The Central Bank of Nigeria directed all the banks in Nigeria to close the accounts of all the people that are involved in cryptocurrency transactions in the country. The banks swung into action immediately. This made Nigerians believe that the government has banned cryptocurrency in the country.
  • Nigerians began to use centralized p2p to trade and when there is need for banks, they send the money without using any crypto keywords in the narration. Meanwhile,  the information was that crypto is banned in Nigerian
    March 21, 2021: The CBN clarifies its position on the ban and states that individuals  are not prohibited from buying and trading crypto, just not through any Nigerian bank or fintech.
  • So, in my country cryptocurrency is not banned but its transaction with banks is banned.

On 28th May, 2023 Nigeria government signed into law the finance act 2023 which grants 10% tax on gains in digital assets including cryptocurrency while still keeping cryptocurrency transaction banned in the country. This is the state of the confusion about bitcoin and cryptocurrency in my country.
Pages:
Jump to: