Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin & increasing government pressure & power outages - page 2. (Read 288 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I can see where this is going but I don't think that mining is going to be the reason for the power outages, government just have to admit that they can't fuel the plants to generate enough electricity so they have to shift the blame so they can prevent a long-term power outage.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
As we talked about in the previous article about the problems of bitcoin miners in Iran(https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.57043573), in the new news that I have received, the government has officially asked the people to stop bitcoin mining and turn off the machines and they will be dealt with legally.

https://s19.picofile.com/file/8434554918/1.mp4.html
Interestingly, they recommend that the digital currency market probably disappear and do not take risks or invest.(WTF Roll Eyes)
Even legal miners should turn it off as soon as possible.
Strange opposition to the bitcoin world still continues.

Iran was never a crypto friendly country.What else do you expect?
I remember that there were news about Iran creating their own cryptocurrency,in order to avoid US sanctions.
I don't know what happened with this project,but creating a centralized shitcoin doesn't mean that Iran is a cryptocurrency friendly country.I assume that there are deficits in electricity supply,but I'm familiar with the situation there.

Activity: 966
Merit: 25
Ton Together | Save Smart & Win Big
Okay, probably about mining it's make sense, since it's not a secret that people can be greed and exploit the electric power. It would disadvantage other people who don't do mining. I can accept that. However, the government should learn further before take a harsh decision like closing up the digital currency market or giving out a policy like crypto ban. It has been proved that during pandemic, the crypto world has been very helpful in moving the economy wheels around the world. They should be thankful.
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
They are exaggerating the hell out of influence of miners on the electricity consumption increase and their role in power outages.
There has always been an increase in annual power consumption in Iran while the increase in power production hasn't been able to meet that increasing demand. If you check the statistics for every year for example 1399, 1398 and 1397 you can see the increase in consumption and not enough increase in production.
There are a couple of factors affecting it such as the population growth, decreased rain leading to decreased power production, old power plants that don't have the spare parts to upgrade or fix their plant due to sanctions, lack of fuel to use in plants,...
For example 1398 (2 years ago) electricity produced from water in dams was reduced by 7% and in 1399 (last year) it was reduced by 15.2%, they also predict the reduction will be even more this year due to decreased rain.
Part of it is mitigated by the nuclear power plants but if you check the dates the power outages started becoming worse ever since a month ago after the terrorist attack on the Iranian power plants that despite what they admit ceased its electricity production.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
an average iranian home is not capable of serving 3.25kw per household wall outlet

so when hobby miners start tinkering with their home electric circuits to run one or more s19's .. it puts a strain on that house and the streets circuit breakers

yes in industrialised area's connected to better electric capacitors its fine. industrial powerlines can cope

but what is being seen is residential neighbourhoods trying to abuse their electric suppliers capabilities within the neighbourhoods. causing neighbourhood blackouts of residential areas
Activity: 312
Merit: 24
As we talked about in the previous article about the problems of bitcoin miners in Iran(https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.57043573), in the new news that I have received, the government has officially asked the people to stop bitcoin mining and turn off the machines and they will be dealt with legally.

https://s19.picofile.com/file/8434554918/1.mp4.html
Interestingly, they recommend that the digital currency market probably disappear and do not take risks or invest.(WTF Roll Eyes)
Even legal miners should turn it off as soon as possible.
Strange opposition to the bitcoin world still continues.
Pages:
Jump to: