Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is 2.5x more popular than DJIA (world’s strongest financial market) - page 2. (Read 297 times)

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
Bitcoin : 80828 comments and counting since first snapshot on (2017 Nov)
DJIA : 31438 comments and counting since (2008)?
Secret sauces: investing.com
And I begin to wonder why the heck all this mainstream financial sites are listing crypto currency on their front pages? They trying to tell us something?
Can we come to a conclusion that it is because of popularity that there are many inquiry about bitcoin, Dow Jones Industrial Average is an established exchange and bitcoin is a new market and hence it is natural that people will try to learn about the new market rather than an established market, if you really want to learn about established markets you can visit a stock broker and he will help you but you cannot find someone who could help you with the bitcoin market.
Activity: 806
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Bitcoin is unique in many ways. Its blockchain, decentralized nature, mining and supply. Anybody upon hearing it will become curious and will try to dig deeper. Curiosity you know.

By the way. Financial sites will post anything that is trending or anything that they can benefit well. They are also into business. That is why I do not automatically believe on everything I saw on the internet or what media is saying.   
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
Why are you even comparing between a highly regulated industrial index with bitcoin, that is too based on the comments? These are two very different thing - one is index and another one is a currency or asset! And look at the parameter you have chosen - comments??!!

Bitcoin has certainly got good traction since the dream run in 2017 which gave it a worldwide visibility. And due to that visibility it has also become one of the most searched word in Google. SEO people associated with finance saw an opportunity and started incorporating related metadata and terminologies in the website so that they can receive better search traffic! It's as simple as that!

OP is talking about its popularity or being discussed frequently. Though you have a pint sir @avikz because indeed they are very different from its other. But since DJIA is a financial market, means investors alike are talking bitcoin and very aware of its capability.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 116
0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC
Why are you even comparing between a highly regulated industrial index with bitcoin, that is too based on the comments? These are two very different thing - one is index and another one is a currency or asset! And look at the parameter you have chosen - comments??!!

Bitcoin has certainly got good traction since the dream run in 2017 which gave it a worldwide visibility. And due to that visibility it has also become one of the most searched word in Google. SEO people associated with finance saw an opportunity and started incorporating related metadata and terminologies in the website so that they can receive better search traffic! It's as simple as that!

It may sound dumb, but I would like to know how widely talked is bitcoin compare to all other major financial markets, just looking at google trend or bitcointalk alone I couldn’t easily come to a conclusion as the variable I could use would be not compatible, let’s say compare orange to apple in this case, what can I do to make it easier? Look for a centralized investing forum and look for common parameter among two comparing asset, price is out for this one, any market parameter means literally nothing, the only thing that it could make some sense is the comment section, I’m intrigued by how widely talked in the bitcoin forum, and to my surprise, it even exceeding the number of comments to a very ancient market, and why I decide to choose investing dot com? I have no clue about this website, who’s the web master behind this site or their incentive of running it 24/7, but it have some features that we badly sought, that’s right, a freedom to leave your comment to your heart content, that’s what most/all financial sites are lacking, however gold forum would still take the first spot by a huge margin at about 10x more popular and widely talk than bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

Activity: 1554
Merit: 116
0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC
Bitcoin : 80828 comments and counting since first snapshot on (2017 Nov)

DJIA : 31438 comments and counting since (2008)?

Secret sauces: investing.com

And I begin to wonder why the heck all this mainstream financial sites are listing crypto currency on their front pages? They trying to tell us something?
Pages:
Jump to: