Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 29. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
November 24, 2017, 08:15:29 AM
The goal of bitcoin is to be used as an currency in the first place. At least that is how i love into love with bitcoin years ago. It is one of the best payment method whereby it is seller protection, it wont have chargeback, it wont have ridiculous fee, it wont takes days just to remit.
I agree with you and in the future, once i have built my own business then i will accept bitcoin as a mode of payment because aside from those things that you stated above. It is also great for me to accept bitcoin since its value is keep on increasing on the top and sooner than later it will become one of the major mode of payments in the world.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
November 24, 2017, 07:48:04 AM
The goal of bitcoin is to be used as an currency in the first place. At least that is how i love into love with bitcoin years ago. It is one of the best payment method whereby it is seller protection, it wont have chargeback, it wont have ridiculous fee, it wont takes days just to remit.
Activity: 332
Merit: 12
November 24, 2017, 07:40:42 AM
in my opinion bitcoin is not only currency but also it is a asset for me.i am holding bitcoin to get some profit from it. and lots of people are doing that.so it an asset for them and also it is a cryptocurrency.
I think it’s both you can use it as an asset and also you can keep it save for your future so if you keep bitcoin for future purpose it can help you in your future and you can also use bitcoin for your daily expanse because it’s a digital currency and you can use to buying things such as food, clothes and even you can pay your bills.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 24, 2017, 07:08:14 AM
Digital currency I must say, while still worth something so it may be considerated as an asset also, at least nowadays.
Activity: 200
Merit: 11
November 24, 2017, 07:07:33 AM
Is bitcoin an assets or currency?? Ok just for me, will when we say assets is something that you owned or should we say property and currency or should we say money...

But both of them are similar and important to us as a human being, for me its the same because they are one of the role of our life.
Bitcoin isn't only an asset yet in addition utilized as currency. As we purchased different items on the web and make payments through bitcoin yet as of now couple of sites permit to make payments with bitcoin. Although bitcoin winding up increasingly mainstream so in future bitcoin is more favored as currency. So it’s the investor’s choice to use it in the either way as currency or asset it is beneficial in both these states.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
November 24, 2017, 04:26:30 AM
Bitcoin was invented as a digital currency but now people are also using bitcoin as an asset because they see the potential and profit to make in bitcoin as it value grow over time.
Despite the fact that it's ture so many people consider bitcoin as digital currency and asset at the same time, the government around the world don't really recognize bitcoin and any other cryptocurrencies
as a currency that can be used legally. They prefer to consider cryptocurrency as digital asset or property rather than a currency which is quite the opposite of satoshi's main idea of creating bitcoin at the first place.
Activity: 153
Merit: 10
November 24, 2017, 04:02:02 AM
Yes, bitcoin is assets. It can now trade with many commodities and trade with mainstream currencies. But it's a pity that there are fewer projects that combine encrypted money with services, but I don't think it will take long. Many services will work with encrypted currencies, and RIPP and ETH are already doing it
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
November 24, 2017, 03:53:01 AM
Bitcoin is now being viewed as a holder of value which means that it is a currency. That is why bitcoin has its own unqiue position when thousand of icos are popping out everywhere.
Activity: 224
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
November 24, 2017, 03:51:14 AM
I think bitcoin should be regarded as an asset, but can not call him a currency, at least not now, after all, the transfer fee is too high, the block congestion, which determines the two bitcoin can not become a currency.
Activity: 350
November 24, 2017, 03:10:00 AM
 Smiley  Bitcoin is not an asset... It is a trading and good services.. And is a big company that generates a currency for people who are working hard in bitcoin but it does give a virtual exchange method where you're a country to exchange our coins wallet ,to coins pH.bitcoin is a company online job effort and you wantbto be a lot of our life and thrive because bitcoin is the one that develops all of us .bitcoin does not just have the money that it has with investment yet at the same time and you can joi. Any time or anyone van invest in bitcoin currency ...
Activity: 447
Merit: 108
November 23, 2017, 03:56:48 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Bitcoin is an assets and at the same time as a currency because of the following reasons. Bitcoin is a currency because one can use it to pay for services or use it to purchase an items or products and also Bitcoin equally serve as an assets for reason been that its value appreciate significantly over time like all other traditional assets do in most cases. So, believe that Bitcoin is an assets and at the same time is a currency.
Activity: 263
November 23, 2017, 03:24:10 PM
Bitcoin was invented as a digital currency but now people are also using bitcoin as an asset because they see the potential and profit to make in bitcoin as it value grow over time.
Activity: 1110
Merit: 104
The OGz Club
November 23, 2017, 03:23:55 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

bitcoin is the most valuable asset I think, because its value every time always increases. this is the special bitcoin. I kept it and kept holding it until the time I was redeemed with local money.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 502
November 23, 2017, 03:14:01 PM
Bitcoin was currency to me in the past and I was spending it like any other currency but now as price has started to increase it has become an asset for me and now I treat it as a pure form of investment so now I am not spending my bitcoins anywhere but saving it for a long term so that I can sell it when price is satisfactory and get best returns on my investments.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
November 23, 2017, 02:56:22 PM
bitcoin really plays both that and other role...some people trade it, part of them is paid at purchase and sale
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
November 23, 2017, 01:24:53 PM
When a friend gave me BTC to pay-back a BigMac I bring him (Jan 2016) they were just a currency to me; after 2 years I've held it I consider them as an asset for sure!
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
November 23, 2017, 01:22:51 PM

for me bitcoin is currency but we can use it on investment, i using bitcoin as currency so far. even some people use bitcoin for trade it is not bad i think.
Activity: 224
Merit: 19
November 23, 2017, 01:10:11 PM
Even though Bitcoin is known as a currency I think most people specially who invested on it is treating Bitcoin as an asset. People will hold Bitcoin until they are happy with their profit.
Activity: 179
Merit: 14
November 23, 2017, 01:04:00 PM
It's a digital asset. That's what the legal side of it points to, hence why many exchanges no longer can say "cryptocurrency exchange", they are switching to "digital asset exchange".
Activity: 994
Merit: 105
November 23, 2017, 12:59:55 PM
Bitcoin is strongly an asset because of its deserving value of gaining profits hugely in short term. Even every small investment in bitcoin is considered as an asset. We can even say it as currency, as we deal with transactions of purchasing and selling bitcoin, also we have the feasibility to convert our bitcoin into fiat cash to deal with day to day requirements. So finally we can conclude bitcoin is a currency which we use as asset.
Pages:
Jump to: