Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 45. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
October 20, 2017, 01:32:21 PM
Bitcoin could be termed as a currency,an asset and a commodity as it is used for all the three purposes.Bitcoin was created as a currency.But it is also used for trading.Also nowadays,most people buy considering it as a huge return giving commodity.Even,its mostly bought today for that purpose.Even most countries are still confused in considering bitcoin as a currency or asset or a commodity and hence,they have not legalized it yet.
Activity: 812
October 20, 2017, 01:02:33 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

But in my thinking, i think bitcoin is an alternative of asset, if you have 1 bitcoin right now then it mean u have an asset. But as you hear from people use, it is also right, people use bitcoin as a currency and get services from it, but if they hold it then they think that they have an asset in their wallet.
October 20, 2017, 12:59:06 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

But in my thinking, i think bitcoin is an alternative of asset, if you have 1 bitcoin right now then it mean u have an asset. But as you hear from people use, it is also right, people use bitcoin as a currency and get services from it, but if they hold it then they think that they have an asset in their wallet.
October 20, 2017, 12:54:15 PM

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
October 20, 2017, 12:52:38 PM
bitcoin is a future asset it is world wide digital currency ,it is most popular coin is a bitcoin ,Bitcoin is attractive as an asset to hold because of it's scarce nature. because its price has gone up, the bitcoin became little by little also an asset.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
October 20, 2017, 12:48:02 PM
Well, I think it will depend how you use it. As of now you simply say that bitcoin is a currency because you exchange it in valuable things. In addition to that, you can also use it as asset but I prefer to use it as investment. We all know that bitcoin is a good investment for long term and it will help you to gain and make high income.

For years people have been debating on what Bitcoin should be classified as, but the main point of importance is indeed how you use it, so from there it doesn't really make sense to put Bitcoin into this or that category. Just use it how you want, because at the end of the day, that's the most important thing. The only thing that might end up playing an important role, is how your government sees Bitcoin, which can make quite a significant difference in the amount of tax you'll end up paying.
Activity: 2
October 20, 2017, 12:42:43 PM
I do  believe my personay bitcoin is an asset rather then in best digital currency. If you trade it on a low scale then The transaction fees will ruin you. So better i say buy and hold bittcoins
Merit: 250
October 20, 2017, 12:35:33 PM
It's still a currency. An asset generates money without any other investment. Although that could be provided by the increase of bitcoin I don't think it passively earns you more. So it's an investment rather than a asset
Well, I think it will depend how you use it. As of now you simply say that bitcoin is a currency because you exchange it in valuable things. In addition to that, you can also use it as asset but I prefer to use it as investment. We all know that bitcoin is a good investment for long term and it will help you to gain and make high income.
Activity: 57
October 20, 2017, 12:31:00 PM
I'd definitely say it's a little of both. It's no doubt a speculative asset, just like stocks, because if you buy it at a certain price and the value goes up, the worth of it increases and you've just experienced a capital gain (conversely, a capital loss in a downturn). It's a currency because you're able to purchase goods and services with it, albeit it hasn't been widely adopted (relatively speaking) to date. However, all that is rapidly changing as there are more and more companies out there in varying industries that are starting to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment. Now you have companies like Bonpay (an upcoming ICO) that are looking to bring crypto payments mainstream and rival the convenience of standard fiat transactions via an e-wallet or a physical card. As far as I am aware, there is nothing quite like Bitcoin in that it can double as both an asset and a currency.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bringing-crypto-payments-mainstream/
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
October 20, 2017, 12:12:09 PM
To me, bitcoin is an asset and a digital currency, because bitcoin can be used as an asset and investment for the future and can be used as a transaction tool. This proves that bitcoin can be an asset or a digital currency.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
October 20, 2017, 12:08:33 PM
At the beginning bitcoin was meant to be a currency. This is how its creator wanted it to be: a currency whose transactions will be anonymous and will not have the possibility to be contested by any of the parts of the transations. Once the money is being sent, the transaction can be shown to the other person there is no doubt that the money were sent (and received). Because it is so good, because its price has gone up, the bitcoin became little by little also an asset.

Totally agree on this one. If everything goes well fiat currencies will be transferred to blockchain or they will be gone.
No more bankers and banks, but some villain will exist in some form.
Activity: 294
October 20, 2017, 11:56:45 AM
Bitcoin is both. It performs like an asset and functions like a currency. It is also the best universal ledger for keeping track of debt, so it is also the best form of money in terms of sound money as well.

Bitcoin is the digital currency.it not asset. Bitcoin use to any where and you purchase anything. Bitcoin is use to any country it will give more information for the future growth. But asset is not is use to any where it not moving. Bitcoin is give the more information for the business, finance and trading. Asset is the movie not. but bitcoin is the currency it will change any time.
Activity: 448
October 20, 2017, 11:54:19 AM
actually I consider bitcoin also as one of the most valuable asset because most likely every year the price will jump dramatically.thus making us have a great opportunity in obtaining a relatively large income later.
Activity: 322
October 20, 2017, 11:47:47 AM
I believe that bitcoin will eventually be used as a currency in the future; for the moment the number of users is too small for it to be reliably exchanged for goods and services.
Activity: 462
October 20, 2017, 11:32:41 AM
now a days bitcoin is a big asset and currency for me, big asset for me because it gives me extremely profitable income thru the use of trading to exchange it into currency (money).
Activity: 378
October 20, 2017, 11:30:29 AM
bitcoin is the most valuable asset for now, because bitcoin price in my opinion will be more than 6000 by the end of this year, bitcoin good investment for this year and the next year.
Activity: 309
Merit: 102
Presale is live!
October 20, 2017, 11:23:23 AM
Bitcoin is both. It performs like an asset and functions like a currency. It is also the best universal ledger for keeping track of debt, so it is also the best form of money in terms of sound money as well.
Activity: 476
Merit: 124
October 20, 2017, 11:11:35 AM
In my opinion, bitcoin is an asset and currency at the same time. Being an asset, because you can gain profit from it thru trading in the market, buy low and sell high, either short term or long term investment. Being a currency as well, because you can use it to purchase goods, services, etc. online and it is already being accepted widely in the whole wide world. I personally think that the future of bitcoin is bright and it will never stop.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
October 20, 2017, 11:02:43 AM
It depends on the users, Basically, for me Bitcoin is more than a currency because of its increasing price, day by day Bitcoin price is getting high so that many people are using this system for making profit. suppose, you have a bitcoin, so if you want to save for the future purpose then it would be one of the potential asset in the future. but if you want to spent it on your daily purpose then it would be a currency. But i believe that Bitcoin is just not a currency but also a asset for me.
Activity: 546
October 20, 2017, 10:46:10 AM

depending on what you think. we are all here to do it with pleasure. yes i agree one thing with you. bitcoin is an asset. there is always a bad or risk in any investment world. so I think it depends on what you think and plan.
Pages:
Jump to: