Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is at a turning point, evolving much more quickly than some observers re - page 2. (Read 1751 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
it seems that all the good news about bitcoin are not doing justice to its market price, it's like bitcoin is waiting that its fuse is turned on

it also look like all the good recent fact, about bitcoin, are doing only good in not letting the price going down, besides the last mini pump...

i only hope that the progress will not be so slow, time frame is important..
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Maybe Bitcoin will be worth $1000 in the future...I hope so  Roll Eyes

I'm sure Bitcoin will be worth more than $1000 if we give it time. the price have reached $1200 before, so it's not wrong to expect more in the following years.

heck if bitcoin keep getting more positive news like this, maybe we can expect it this year.  Cool

I'm more then sure that bitcoin will become something more then a price to reach, has adoption becomes bigger and some countries economies become disrupted by their debts the people will be able to keep their freedom from fail economies just by using bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
Maybe Bitcoin will be worth $1000 in the future...I hope so  Roll Eyes

I'm sure Bitcoin will be worth more than $1000 if we give it time. the price have reached $1200 before, so it's not wrong to expect more in the following years.

heck if bitcoin keep getting more positive news like this, maybe we can expect it this year.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Maybe Bitcoin will be worth $1000 in the future...I hope so  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Lake, this article can't be read unless someone has a subscription to WSJ. Would be better if you could copy the text into the post.

Google the headline and there's usually a way in without coughing up.

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
How Future Bitcoin Can Prevent a Future Greece?

Bitcoin, the volatile digital currency, cannot help the Greeks of today. But it could mean a great deal to those caught up in currency crises to come.

For the average Greek, getting one’s hands on bitcoin requires buying it with euros—the last thing any sane Greek would give up. That’s why the bitcoin of today has no bearing on what could easily become a humanitarian crisis.

But Bitcoin is at an inflection point, and it’s evolving much more quickly than all but its most dedicated observers realize. Whatever happens to bitcoin itself, the technology underlying it opens up previously unimagined possibilities for the future of just about anything humans exchange.

[...]

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-future-bitcoin-can-prevent-a-future-greece-1436744064

Bitcoin cannot stop fractional reserve or the way the banks work.
And if Bitcoin continues at a steady pace to be more and more adopted, then it is only a matter of time that banks join in and find ways to exploit it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
I am very interested to see how the bitcoin market pans out in this situation. This will indicate a lot about the resilience of the bitcoin market in terms of handling market crash.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
Lake, this article can't be read unless someone has a subscription to WSJ. Would be better if you could copy the text into the post.

I agree that there's been a lot of positive news lately, likely the driver behind the quick price run up too! It's an exciting time to be involved and watching and aware of what's going on. Let's up the future continues to provide steady but safe and sound growth (e.g., the Fork, etc.)
Activity: 903
Merit: 1000
LakeBTC.com
How Future Bitcoin Can Prevent a Future Greece?

Bitcoin, the volatile digital currency, cannot help the Greeks of today. But it could mean a great deal to those caught up in currency crises to come.

For the average Greek, getting one’s hands on bitcoin requires buying it with euros—the last thing any sane Greek would give up. That’s why the bitcoin of today has no bearing on what could easily become a humanitarian crisis.

But Bitcoin is at an inflection point, and it’s evolving much more quickly than all but its most dedicated observers realize. Whatever happens to bitcoin itself, the technology underlying it opens up previously unimagined possibilities for the future of just about anything humans exchange.

[...]

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-future-bitcoin-can-prevent-a-future-greece-1436744064
Pages:
Jump to: