Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Is Better Than Digital Gold - page 12. (Read 1559 times)

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 10505
October 10, 2023, 01:51:22 AM
That is a weird comparison in your title.

Gold is by nature physical and if you turn it into digital, it stops being gold and becomes IOUs which can not even be compared with bitcoin.
Similarly Bitcoin is designed to be digital and if you convert that to physical (some have tried in the past), it also stops being Bitcoin and becomes IOUs which again can not even be compared with gold.

So if you want to compare, the comparison should be between Bitcoin and Gold (not digital gold). And in that comparison both of them are good for different purposes and each have its own advantages and disadvantages.
For example unlike gold, bitcoin is used as a currency but at the same time bitcoin price is still volatile whereas gold is more stable in comparison.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
October 10, 2023, 01:51:04 AM
Gold market existed long before BTC, sure its cap is way bigger. But majority of us here will prefer BTC of course, it couldn't really convince anyone to solely leave BTC and choose gold. It is not going to hurt the investor does have gold along with BTC.

Time is very uncertain now so whatever could happen, your survival depends on how much investment and the kind of investment you have. Gold can be paid to someone who doesn't understand BTC.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 301
*STOP NOWHERE*
October 10, 2023, 01:39:12 AM
Apparently I see no reason for comparison as they’re both good store of value and most times if they are possibilities of you owning them both, then I would advice that you go for it rather than wanting to compare them.

Even if we compare these two assets thousands of times, gold is still the asset that the whole world trusts and uses, while bitcoin is a fairly new asset and is considered riskier. I also don't understand why so many people like to compare these two assets when no one forces us to choose just one of them. Why don't we choose both and diversify our assets? Or choose according to each person's needs.

OP, if bitcoin is truly better than gold, why do thousands of billionaires, millionaires, rich people and all governments accumulate and hold instead of bitcoin? We can compare, but let's be realistic because both have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Activity: 560
Merit: 424
I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.
October 10, 2023, 01:17:09 AM
Apparently I see no reason for comparison as they’re both good store of value and most times if they are possibilities of you owning them both, then I would advice that you go for it rather than wanting to compare them.
Bitcoin is still very new as compared to gos who has been in the market for a very long time and despite bitcoin infancy, it still has good future but very volatile while gold be it digital or physical gold isn’t that volatile and if I’m asked to choose between them both, then I might get to choose gold if maybe I have huge funds and scared of volatility but since I already know the risk associated with bitcoin, and if I could afford one bitcoin, I would simply dump the money in bitcoin
What I’m trying to say in essence is that, bitcoin is the future especially if you understand the risk.
Activity: 224
Merit: 211
October 10, 2023, 12:32:13 AM
The connection between gold and bitcoin (BTC) as stores of value is obvious, and the demand for BTC as a digital store of value was a big reason why the cryptocurrency grew in popularity, crypto services provider Matrixport said in a report Monday.
Bitcoin’s market capitalization is $540 billion, equivalent to 10.8% of the market cap of physical financial gold, Matrixport said, adding that gold exchange-traded-funds (ETFs) are valued at $200 billion. Read
Pages:
Jump to: