Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is dying...permanently - page 3. (Read 6069 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 253
August 15, 2014, 08:14:21 AM

There's always going to be a certain amount of bitcoin activity around, just like there's a certain amount of criminal or drug related activity around. However much lawmakers would prefer to suppress or eliminate that activity, there's always a percentage of people who'll make up their own mind on what they choose to do irrespective of what types of behaviour is preferred or expected.

The main issue with bitcoin is that without formal governmental regulation, it exists on the fringe of society, much like criminality or drugs and with bitcoin occupying the shadowy world between legality and illegality it doesn't provide confidence to those potentially interested parties who would be willing to get involved or those that want to increase their involvement and move forward strongly with the currency.

There's an oft-used phrase in financial markets, "Business hates uncertainty," and there's absolutely no doubt that with bitcoin being essentially unregulated, the lack of clear, accepted international financial, tax and capital gains valuation and reporting mechanisms present substantial headwinds to the continuing growth of the unit.

Bitcoin might not be dying, but isn't thriving either.

What do you want your investments to do? Do you want them to thrive or do you prefer to have doubts about even the viability of bitcoin?

Beware the regulatory hammer that may criminalise your coins at the stroke of a pen.

Remember FDR's gold debacle of 1933 and ensure that you're suitably diversified.

Smiley

There is no move on criminalizing Bitcoin, even in China, and there are countries that are Bitcoin friendly, like Denmark, Germany and UK.

Also there are already norms about how to handle taxes and report bitcoin gains, in USA and in other parts of the world. May not be the best laws, but they  can be improved over time.

We are not one year ago, Bitcoin is not an investment in the gray are between legality and illegality, at least not anymore since the Silk Road auction. I don't think US would sell something they are about to make illegal.

The doubt now is how(and not if) Bitcoin will be regularized in USA and around the world.

Countries making Bitcoin illegal would only trigger a flash-crash; cryptocurrencies would survive through TOR, just like alcohol has survived through prohibition. It gives benefits that many wouldn't mind breaking the law for.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
August 14, 2014, 09:07:28 PM

There's always going to be a certain amount of bitcoin activity around, just like there's a certain amount of criminal or drug related activity around. However much lawmakers would prefer to suppress or eliminate that activity, there's always a percentage of people who'll make up their own mind on what they choose to do irrespective of what types of behaviour is preferred or expected.

The main issue with bitcoin is that without formal governmental regulation, it exists on the fringe of society, much like criminality or drugs and with bitcoin occupying the shadowy world between legality and illegality it doesn't provide confidence to those potentially interested parties who would be willing to get involved or those that want to increase their involvement and move forward strongly with the currency.

There's an oft-used phrase in financial markets, "Business hates uncertainty," and there's absolutely no doubt that with bitcoin being essentially unregulated, the lack of clear, accepted international financial, tax and capital gains valuation and reporting mechanisms present substantial headwinds to the continuing growth of the unit.

What do you want your investments to do? Do you want them to thrive or do you prefer to have doubts about even the viability of bitcoin?

Beware the regulatory hammer that may criminalise your coins at the stroke of a pen.

Remember FDR's gold debacle of 1933 and ensure that you're suitably diversified.

Smiley

There is no move on criminalizing Bitcoin, even in China, and there are countries that are Bitcoin friendly, like Denmark, Germany and UK.

Also there are already norms about how to handle taxes and report bitcoin gains, in USA and in other parts of the world. May not be the best laws, but they  can be improved over time.

We are not one year ago, Bitcoin is not an investment in the gray are between legality and illegality, at least not anymore since the Silk Road auction. I don't think US would sell something they are about to make illegal.

The doubt now is how(and not if) Bitcoin will be regularized in USA and around the world.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
August 14, 2014, 07:39:03 PM

Smiley

Activity: 602
August 14, 2014, 06:23:22 PM
Getting really sick of this whole Bitcoin is dying sell now so I can buy because I wasn't a early adopter and was too slow or too stupid to invest at the right time its just pathetic attempt.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
'Slow and steady wins the race'
August 14, 2014, 05:44:45 PM
Honestly, I don't know. Your "info" is not based on any sort of fact, however the way prices are moving, it's not impossible that it might be true.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
August 14, 2014, 04:57:09 PM
Because its a good idea to spread FUD about bitcoin on a site where people are very much invested and ingrained in the thing you are spreading FUD about, its the same as going to a Linux forum and spreading FUD about Linux...

To be fair though, many people here don't like Bitcoin that much but are just speculator who desire to make fast and easy profits.

Yes, many people are here just for money, and will happily leave the boat if things do not looks profitable enough. So anti-Bitcoin FUD can cause good damage even here.

Activity: 462
Merit: 253
August 14, 2014, 04:13:42 PM
Because its a good idea to spread FUD about bitcoin on a site where people are very much invested and ingrained in the thing you are spreading FUD about, its the same as going to a Linux forum and spreading FUD about Linux...

To be fair though, many people here don't like Bitcoin that much but are just speculator who desire to make fast and easy profits.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
August 14, 2014, 03:35:58 PM
I met with my other oracle today, Lady Shazam, and she told me as soon as I stepped into her hut, that bitcoin is dying.

I was stunned, but realized she is right. Bitcoin is dying.

*If anyone here is named Bitcoin, I apologize for the confusion, I'm talking about the bitcoin cryptocurrency/protocol, not any person* Thanks

Great info, thank you for this.
Now, I know what I should do, quickly sell all my Bitcoin and start my long planed trip around the world Smiley
Thank you for warning, really appreciate.
Activity: 307
et rich or die tryi
August 14, 2014, 01:09:20 PM
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
August 14, 2014, 01:05:32 PM
Yes Bitcoin was declared dead a long time ago by none other than the most authoritative person on the subject, proudhon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TuFy0fcuw

if Jesus resurrected, why wouldn't bitcoin?

we already did it a couple of times

we'll do it again

Matthew 20:15

"And thus, bitcoin shall resurrect when it reaches the 1k mark"

"Right after I, the Lord, slap the shit outta Job."

"Lord, why has the price fallith?"
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
August 14, 2014, 12:59:50 PM
It seems it started. That friend of yours was so right.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
August 14, 2014, 11:50:57 AM
No, it's not. It's only around for few years and we have many big milestones to hit. check your facts buddy.
Activity: 252
August 14, 2014, 11:40:02 AM
I`ll take all your bitcoins, if you are living under a rock think its dying, thanks  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 14, 2014, 11:31:56 AM
In case nobody else told you, Lady Shazam accepts Bitcoin.

Smiley
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
August 14, 2014, 11:18:27 AM
Sure thing buddy
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
August 14, 2014, 11:17:30 AM
Cheesy quite funny actually.... (not)
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 14, 2014, 11:13:18 AM
Bitcointalk is so much fun, who cares about Bitcoin anymore?

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
August 14, 2014, 09:06:48 AM
Lady Shazam spreading FUD...I heard mystic meg luvs the bitcoin though
Activity: 518
Trust me!
August 04, 2014, 01:17:51 PM
I met with my other oracle today, Lady Shazam, and she told me as soon as I stepped into her hut, that bitcoin is dying.

I was stunned, but realized she is right. Bitcoin is dying.

*If anyone here is named Bitcoin, I apologize for the confusion, I'm talking about the bitcoin cryptocurrency/protocol, not any person* Thanks

I always consult her when I don't know the name of some obscure song. She really has to be some hipster! She knows every freaking song on the planet. Highly impressive!
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
August 03, 2014, 08:58:25 AM
Yes Bitcoin was declared dead a long time ago by none other than the most authoritative person on the subject, proudhon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TuFy0fcuw

if Jesus resurrected, why wouldn't bitcoin?

we already did it a couple of times

we'll do it again

Matthew 20:15

"And thus, bitcoin shall resurrect when it reaches the 1k mark"
Pages:
Jump to: