Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is for criminals - Or so they say. - page 7. (Read 3481 times)

legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253
Cashback 15%
I don't agree that bitcoin is for criminals only.  this is just some bad press that wanting to have millions of views for profit.  Either money or Bitcoins, they have been exploited to do illegal activities because of it's nature.  It is proven that bitcoin transaction isn't really anonymous..   It can be traced.  Though they prefer bitcoin because they don't have to deal with banks in transaferring  money that makes bitcoin more popular in this kind of activity.  
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Everyone knows that cash is still the number 1 tool used by criminals to obtain weapons and so on, so of course Bitcoin being a tool for terrorists is very small percentage. The question is: What happens when cash is removed in the next 10 years? Then Bitcoin will be indeed the number one way for criminals to obtain weapons, that is when I think they will try to ban it on full force and we better be ready by then with a very anonymous and robust Bitcoin (this means small blocks, tor support, confidential transactions, schnorr signatures for default coinjoin... in other words we need Core team in charge).
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Ok, so in every article or podcast or interview... we have to hear that Bitcoin is the preferred tool for criminals. If that was the truth, we should all be filthy rich by now... right? ....The question is, where

are all this money from money laundering, drugs, prostitution and all the nasty stuff, Bitcoin is being blamed for.... I do not see it, do you? Should we play to our strength then, if Bitcoin is only good for

criminal purposes? ... I mean to say, if we only attract say 10% of the total amount of money spend on drugs alone, we would most probably be millionaires in a month or two.  Roll Eyes

" With estimates of $100 billion to $110 billion for heroin, $110 billion to $130 billion for cocaine, $75 billion for cannabis and $60 billion for synthetic drugs, the probable global figure for the total illicit

drug industry would be approximately $360 billion.
"

This is a tongue in the cheek poke at all those people, who points fingers at Bitcoin for being the culprit and those who are saying Bitcoin is the primary tool for criminals to do their business online.  Roll Eyes

Can you smell the bullshit in their statements? The numbers just do not match up, with what they are saying.  Wink

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-for-commerce-or-criminals/
Pages:
Jump to: