Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency - page 2. (Read 2055 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
November 26, 2014, 08:29:02 PM
What you have to remember about ZDNet is that they are the definitive "n00b channel" of tech information. They are staid and conservative.

When everyone was building their own PCs, they were still shilling system builder units, I think the first CPU install I ever saw in there was an overdrive, with much trepidation and warnings to use supplied wrist strap, treated that like rocket science. Then they railed against overclocking for years, treated readers who asked about it in the letters and advice columns as if they were criminals for daring to suggest it.

So absofuckinglutely unsurprised that their take on bitcoin is "scary and shouldn't ought to be allowed". It will take them 5 years to catch up, as always.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004
November 26, 2014, 07:44:30 PM
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Fearless, except for those who are fearless
November 26, 2014, 07:40:20 PM
http://www.zdnet.com/senator-tom-coburn-agrees-that-bitcoin-is-not-legal-currency-7000036169/

Apparently this genius claims btc is not a currency because its not produced by the us treasury.
So according to his logic, the british pound and the euro are not legal currencies and no US firm should accept them.

These guys should follow a crash course making FUD.
It's pathetic to see what they come up with these days.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
November 26, 2014, 06:58:30 PM
Had a good laugh at some of the comments. Cheesy
Apparently bitcoin has been hacked according to one clown. First I've heard of it.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
November 26, 2014, 06:45:19 PM
http://www.zdnet.com/senator-tom-coburn-agrees-that-bitcoin-is-not-legal-currency-7000036169/

Apparently this genius claims btc is not a currency because its not produced by the us treasury.
So according to his logic, the british pound and the euro are not legal currencies and no US firm should accept them.

Pages:
Jump to: