Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is only a means to get money into alts. Bitcoin fails. - page 2. (Read 1871 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
Don't be fooled, especially newbees:

Bitcoin has no future (i believed it too a while back until i started to understand - now i know all the alternatives and btc is really not superior to altcoins)
Bitcoin has a very bad reward schedule and will suffer and collapse from its own inflation eventually. I predict a 100% loss for the hodlers within 3 to 8 years.
What bitcoin is good for: it is THE way to bring cash into altcoins YOU think are better than the prototype.

Bitcoin as we know it today has no future because of exaggerated inflation.
Innovative and less inflationary/volatile altcoins need to be pushed more and we need more quality alts which are good for being currency.

Bitcoin being superior to alts is an illusion and the arguments rely on two things:
-merchant adoption/acception
-hashrate

these two factors aren't constant. Hashrate can drop fast and move to another alt so that is no argument for the future of bitcoin. Hashrate is mobile enough and it is whereever the most profit is to be made. Also mergemining coins makes sense and a bunch of merged mined low inflation coins can certainly replace bitcoin- Merchants who adopted btc1.0 will adopt the better altcoin too once that becomes dominant.

Bottom line:
All the arguments of the permabulls are invalid and they look like fools right now

Please give me one example of which alt is better than bitcoin and why ?

Please dont give a PoS example to make yourself look like a complete stupid as PoS completely fails to bring in any value to the world outside cryptocurrency.

Moreover as Danny has already pointed out Bitcoin is a deflationary currency, NOT an inflationary one.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
Bitcoin doesn't lose value like that. If you see 1 Bitcoin only in x amount of dollars, then your mind is limited and wrong.  Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
- snip -
Bitcoin has a very bad reward schedule and will suffer and collapse from its own inflation
- snip -
- snip -
less inflationary/volatile altcoins need to be pushed more
- snip -

inflation

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

inflation: dilution of exisitng supply with new coins minted each day currently 3600+
leads to decline in purchasing power of the currency - no surprise there.

More questions you need answered?

right now the bitcoin network burns 1,1 million USD each and every day for new coins. Who pays that? The hodler does.

inflation = increase in moneysupply (more coins) leads to all kinds of negative effects and has NO upside.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
- snip -
Bitcoin has a very bad reward schedule and will suffer and collapse from its own inflation
- snip -
- snip -
less inflationary/volatile altcoins need to be pushed more
- snip -

inflation

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I missed a link to altcoins e-market with your referral key:) Don't be so negative
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
Don't be fooled, especially newbees:

Bitcoin has no future (i believed it too a while back until i started to understand - now i know all the alternatives and btc is really not superior to altcoins)
Bitcoin has a very bad reward schedule and will suffer and collapse from its own inflation eventually. I predict a 100% loss for the hodlers within 3 to 8 years.
What bitcoin is good for: it is THE way to bring cash into altcoins YOU think are better than the prototype.

Innovative and less inflationary/volatile altcoins need to be pushed more and we need more quality alts which are good for being currency.

Bitcoin being superior to alts is an illusion and the arguments rely on two things:
-merchant adoption/acception
-hashrate

these two factors aren't constant. Hashrate can drop fast and move to another alt so that is no argument for the future of bitcoin. Hashrate is mobile enough and it is whereever the most profit is to be made. Also mergemining coins makes sense and a bunch of merged mined low inflation coins can certainly replace bitcoin- Merchants who adopted btc1.0 will adopt the better altcoin too once that becomes dominant.

Bottom line:
All the arguments of the permabulls are invalid and they look like fools right now
Pages:
Jump to: