Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is the King ! Why ? - page 9. (Read 825 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 13
October 01, 2018, 11:58:07 AM
Bitcoin is known as the king(father) of crypto currencies , but why is that so ?I have been for several months now reading a lot about the whole crypto ecosystem, i even bought several bitcoins.
Enough background, now on to the topic at hand.

1. Low Fees - Nowadays the average fee for BTC is under $0.5 that was a very good sign for adoption of Bitcoin on large scale. In late 2017 Bitcoin fee was very high around $15 and that time the model of Satoshi Nakamoto  is seems to be failed to transfer across the world with almost no fee but the fee is very small and one can easily make a transfer of $5 anywhere in the world.

2 Store of value - It's still a lot. Physical gold has survived wars and governments. Now we have it's virtual version(Bitcoin) that can't be falsified and is easy to carry and trade. Isn't it great?
Bitcoin is functioning as a payment system in Korea and Japan. I could even order food with it or pay the dentist nearby. It's fun to be using something nobody else does, it's a great talk at parties and a great speculative asset, just ask all those traders who made it their full-time job.

3. Lightning Network - LN is making Bitcoin more valuable. Small stores and companies accepting bitcoin using LN that was perfect for small transactions.

Mostly the name, the established brand, as well as the community. Currently people are using it as a safe haven during unstable times. Read what's happening in Venezuela and Zimbabwe. A similar thing was happening in China before the ban. People are using it to do everything the governments are trying to stop them from. Moving money out of the country, hiding income, buying banned goods and services, gambling. It's a rebel coin and the rebel in me is supporting it in full.

In addition, Bitcoin is more accessible, with more exchanges, more merchants, more software and more hardware that support it. Bitcoin is far more liquid, with much larger volumes than every crypto currencies. Bitcoin has the largest developer ecosystem with more software and more implementations than any crypto currencies. Bitcoin has the most entrepreneurs creating companies around it with a lot of intellect, dedication and creativity going toward making it more useful.
When you compete with Bitcoin, not only are you competing with its much larger user base, development team and mining operation, but you’re also competing against the very large ecosystem of startups, open source projects and entrepreneurs.

Pages:
Jump to: