Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is useless - page 30. (Read 3645 times)

Activity: 273
Merit: 11
January 26, 2018, 05:38:50 PM
Well, you can't judge a technology that it's still in construction: any big innovation, at the beginning, didn't work well: cars, computers, mobile phones, even simple pens...
but with time, there were lot of improvements; actually, any technology is just a work in progress.
So, may be now it's still useless, but when the issues will be solved bitcoin will show all his potential.
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
January 26, 2018, 05:12:31 PM
I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

May be yes, but blockchain is a technology with high potential. Not coins but blockchain will change relationships between people!
Activity: 147
Merit: 2
January 26, 2018, 04:39:09 PM
Not yet,Bitcoin is a useful thing.It is the best source of online work or invest in virtually.Many people is already benefited by working or investing here.Because,it is the best opportunity for earning money.For these thins,Bitcoin is useful.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1002
January 26, 2018, 04:38:39 PM
Bitcoin might be useless because a lot of coins are doing the same thing better, yes, but Bitcoin is currently necessary for this main reason : it's the only one famous cryptocurrency for mainstream people. People doesn't talk about cryptocurrencies, they talk about Bitcoin. Moreover, bitcoin is the main entrance to buy others currencies.

Indeed, Bitcoin might be seen as "obsolete", but he's not that useless.

And just another thing : bitcoin is still a good store of value versus others cryptocurrencies, and that's because it have many much more people on the market. More people are on a market, more stable it will be.

Just compare bitcoin cash and bitcoin on the same price : bitcoin cash fluctuates much more than bitcoin with the same price, mostly because there are less people who trades bitcoin cash.

So yeah, bitcoin is still usefull, even if it could be replaced  Cheesy
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
January 26, 2018, 04:27:30 PM
No No...... bitcoin can never be useless. bitcoin will still helpful even when the value of the bitcoin go down to the 1k$.  bitcoin is the world changer. bitcoin is the life changer of people. Bitcoin is the only way by which the unemployment of the world can be reduced. this is the only way by which we can make our self rich in the future and even in very short time.

So tell me please in that case, how we can use at this moment Bitcoin as fiat money to make different micro-transactions?It`s clear to everybody, it is impossible, now because of quite important problems(fees, full mempool, etc)

Bitcoin doesn`t have practical applicability, and strong companies understand it, so some centralised alts like Ripple and others became popular, it`s simply to use unlike Btc.
But the future of First cryptocurrency is great, it `ll be the best gold in our future decentralised economy
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
January 26, 2018, 03:34:10 PM
No No...... bitcoin can never be useless. bitcoin will still helpful even when the value of the bitcoin go down to the 1k$.  bitcoin is the world changer. bitcoin is the life changer of people. Bitcoin is the only way by which the unemployment of the world can be reduced. this is the only way by which we can make our self rich in the future and even in very short time.

You don't need to prove anything, op is senior member what you think he is doing here? Just trolling, making people nervous to sell some bitcoins in panic. We don't need to force people to accept bitcoins, with time they will figure it out. I see that on my own example, two years agoi was the only one who spoke about bitcoin in my surrounding, people were saying I'm annoying and boring, now they call me to ask me about bitcoin, some of them regret because they didn't believe me. Time will tell, but for two years more people will join, even people that have bad opinion about bitcoin now.
Activity: 336
Merit: 121
January 26, 2018, 03:12:38 PM
Activity: 668
Merit: 255
January 26, 2018, 02:44:32 PM
I agreed with OP, but what I can is that almost every popular altcoin can be useless and could  have same negative aspects as bitcoin (not all, but most of them), and main factor why it happened - popularization and fast price raising, because if btc costed 600$ like in past we wouldn't have most of tho problems.
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 02:32:19 PM
I agree with every word of the author! Its value is only for speculative purposes. In a couple of years, everyone will understand that the ether is much more valuable and capitalization will show the truth.

Doesn't Eth have similar issues with Bitcoin, but at a smaller scale? Anyway, if this continues to happen, the investors' confidence in Bitcoin will continue to fall and so will its price.
Activity: 79
January 26, 2018, 02:28:57 PM
do not blame Bitcoin if the transaction gets slower,  transaction fees get higher or other problems,
blame the community and investors that makes Bitcoin bigger and more famous because the slower transactions caused by the many of the purchase and sale and transaction fee higher such as a queue for our transaction fast in the process or more priority..

How is that really? If Bitcoin has drawbacks and flaws, which were there from the beginning, just in case, how can we blame people using it? This is a very bizarre logic. According to you, they should avoid using it, use it less, or what? Bitcoin has hit the roadblock on its way, and there will be no progress unless and until this block is removed from the road ahead.

True.. People were given the impression that transactions are cheap and fast, but look at what's happening now.. You shouldn't blame the users for using a certain product. That product needs to scale up or step aside.
Activity: 56
January 26, 2018, 02:27:21 PM
do not blame Bitcoin if the transaction gets slower,  transaction fees get higher or other problems,
blame the community and investors that makes Bitcoin bigger and more famous because the slower transactions caused by the many of the purchase and sale and transaction fee higher such as a queue for our transaction fast in the process or more priority..

How is that really? If Bitcoin has drawbacks and flaws, which were there from the beginning, just in case, how can we blame people using it? This is a very bizarre logic. According to you, they should avoid using it, use it less, or what? Bitcoin has hit the roadblock on its way, and there will be no progress unless and until this block is removed from the road ahead.
Activity: 59
January 26, 2018, 11:15:21 AM
I agree with every word of the author! Its value is only for speculative purposes. In a couple of years, everyone will understand that the ether is much more valuable and capitalization will show the truth.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
January 26, 2018, 09:32:00 AM
your some points are correct. but its not useless. even it didnt reach each and everyone who lives around the globe. it will take its own time. but its not useless.

Yes you are right , bitcoin is not useless and it can useful for many of us to improve and get rich in our life no can told I had a loss in bitcoin it says bitcoin is not an useless one so we can surely trust bitcoin .
Activity: 12
January 26, 2018, 08:35:50 AM
nope it is not useless
Activity: 1037
Merit: 253
January 26, 2018, 08:06:29 AM
Interesting to see how people will be using Coinbase payment channel to transact through LN. It will be something "its LN centralised, not Bitcoin". Will it mean that people to go back to on chain transaction?
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
January 26, 2018, 08:04:47 AM
Bitcoin is useless!!who says bitcoin no good,I think people who think bitcoin is not useful it means the man a fool, a person who hasn't said that bitcoin is not useful definitely people that don't know if bitcoin has the value of the rupiah exchange rate are very large, I do not agree that bitcoin is of no use,if my opinion is bitcoin is a currency is a very big if in exchange for dollars, and bitcoin is a means of investing that is very good for me.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
January 26, 2018, 07:24:27 AM
i think the most value now is btc price is like MACD line which can instruct you to invest and how much you should invest or not .in fact ,as you give enough fee to miners, you can transact your btc very quickly.
Activity: 112
January 26, 2018, 07:09:21 AM
Who says bitcoin is useless ?? Ohh come on .If bitcoin is useless why so many people are continuously investing and trusting on it ??You know why ?it is just because bitcoin is not useless .its price is continuously increasing and for all investors they like that factor of bitcoin . bitcoin is not useless
Activity: 674
Merit: 101
I am hired and not own by any Team!
January 26, 2018, 06:32:55 AM
Bitcoin is useless for those who are not using it and for those who don`t know how to use it PROPERLY. Many people are grateful because bitcoin exist because bitcoin gives many people  job and bitcoin is the reason why some people aids their financial need and some also became rich because of bitcoin. No wonder some people thing of bitcoin as useless but also some people thinks bitcoin as a blessing and it really benefits them.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Harmony for One and All
January 26, 2018, 05:26:52 AM
i see the point but have you ever use bitcoin 5 years ago
some point you have been marked is pointless if going back in that year
cryptocurrencies is still devaloping the future exist isn't just like your easy talking it needs time to improve
Pages:
Jump to: