Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin isn't money and that isn't bad! - page 4. (Read 664 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
October 29, 2020, 02:43:23 AM
Things I can't do with Bitcoin: Pay rent, pay my internet, pay my electric, pay my grocery bill, pay my pizza tab, pay my fine for my speeding ticket, pay for medical marijuana anywhere in Arkansas legally, and the list goes on and on.

Really depends on where you stay! In Arkansas, you really can't, but in Japan, you really can! You can even get your salaries in bitcoin (if you want)! So what you can't or what you can in Arkansas, doesn't really tell us what bitcoin can or can't! You may be in a wrong place!

Also don't you think you are asking a lot from a kid who is just 11 years old? Let him get adult and then we talk!

Bitcoin has just started maturing. We are seeing great interest coming from corporates around the world. Some have gone ahead and started keeping a minor percentage of the their cash reserve in bitcoin. The entire market is slowly maturing despite all odds it is facing from the regulatory agencies worldwide. So no one has the right to decide that bitcoin not a money by just its acceptability at grocery stores! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
October 29, 2020, 01:59:26 AM
The original article: https://freebitcoins.com/blog/bitcoin-is-not-money-that-isnt-bad-here-is-why/

The idea that Bitcoin is money sounds almost as silly as someone trying to push their “pokemon cards” as cash… No, thank you. Pokemon is really awesome for a group of people (If you want to trade with Logan Paul), but the idea of you walking into your local Walmart with your “$200,000” pokemon fucktard set and walk out with groceries is beyond silly.

Bitcoin is the same way at the moment. We love Bitcoin, but Bitcoin is NOT money.

Before we launched this latest version of FreeBitcoins. I set out to prove that to myself. I live in a small Arkansas town with a handful of pawnshops that are happy to charge you 20% interest a month for your dead grandaddy’s gun *PUKE*. I called every pawn shop in town asking them if I could pawn or sell a Bitcoin for any price and guess what they all said?

No! Well, fuck!

How about the banks. I think you all know the answer to that. I called up my bank’s foreign currency person and got laughed at; I was told about a great deal for exchanging Candian Dollars… It would cost me $80 USD for basically any amount. I thought that was pretty sweet. I could pick up $1,000,000 CAD from my little Arkansas bank with basically a 5-minute phone call and $80 USD. Noted. (Why would I want CAD in the Middle of Arkansas? No one steals it lol, and it has value elsewhere backed by a country. It’s $160 for a round trip insurance on cash, and this cash is plastic! I feel better putting plastic in a hole. [Note: I don’t have any CAD in any holes anywhere!] Dollars are like cell phones; they are designed to break these days, and you’ll need a new one! At one point, paper money was extremely frowned upon; Coins had value, Paper was a scam.)

Well, how about the Grocery stores? I called Walmart and Kroger. The employees politely explained that they didn’t accept Bitcoin, and they had no time frame for doing so.

Then I asked myself if Bitcoin is money… is now the time I start stealing bread ethically or what?

Things I can’t do with Bitcoin: Pay rent, pay my internet, pay my electric, pay my grocery bill, pay my pizza tab, pay my fine for my speeding ticket, pay for medical marijuana anywhere in Arkansas legally, and the list goes on and on.

Things I can do: Buy illegal medical marijuana [lol] on the internet from sketchy off-duty agents. (No fucking thank you! 😉 ) – I can also play games and buy altcoins that I think are cool. I could of course hodl, but that is horribly boring. I’m sure I can find other things to do with Bitcoin, but that seems like a Blog for a different day. I’m not trying to dis the things I can do with Bitcoin because it’s fun, but…

Bitcoin is not money.

Why is Bitcoin important to me then? Just because Bitcoin isn’t money where I am because we have “real money” that doesn’t mean it can’t be money and accepted locally easily in somewhere that needs something more reliable than cell phone minutes! That’s what I’ve always seen in Bitcoin, and that’s why we built this website… we want to do business with Africa / South Africa and any other country that needs stability in their economic markets with a side of neutrality while you get your shit together. I firmly believe that isn’t America.

America and the Department of Justice need to chill the fuck out.

Respectfully. I’m just saying they need to focus their efforts on their own Dollars because the chance of a terrorist renting Flight Lessons with Bitcoin is very unlikely compared to the subject using the local currency. America needs to focus on a strong dollar and that's our own dollars (USD). Not some imaginary “cryptocurrency” that you can’t even wipe your butt with (wiping your butt arguably may be more valuable than we think!) When the imaginary cryptocurrencies are involved with USD, rake them in with BSA and all the other “fun” that comes with playing with money in 2020.

I’m not saying to let BitMex use something that mimics USD… go bust BitMex’s ass and go bust Tethers ass. They are essentially using USD and that should subject them to a ton of Bullshit because USD arguably has value due to these regulations. If Bitmex and others are going to get rich off that, they need to play ball, but for Websites like FreeBitcoins.com, we strongly believe Bitcoin alone is not money.

Webster’s dictionary says:

something generally accepted as a medium of exchange, a measure of value, or a means of payment: such as

a: officially coined or stamped metal currency
newly minted money
b: MONEY OF ACCOUNT
c: PAPER MONEY

I do not believe there is a city in the world that has Bitcoin as generally accepted yet.  Perhaps a cruise ship, but I’ll believe that when I see it… (I hope the best for them!)

There is absolutely a chance of Bitcoin being generally accepted in the future, but we are not there yet and I think that’s what still makes Bitcoin a good investment and probably indicates people haven’t “missed the boat yet”. I see Bitcoin at this point as Factitious Intellectual Property rather than money.

Buy more Bitcoin if you think it’s going global/local because we aren’t there yet fellas. <3 🙂

Thanks for reading and now… come trade some Altcoins on XChange for free using our Faucet or just Swap 100 Dogecoin and start trading today!

We also send free stickers with free shipping to anyone that asks. https://freebitcoins.com/stickers/
Pages:
Jump to: