Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Lightning Network Growth 1212% in the last 2 years - page 3. (Read 331 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Yeah I also read the 1% and I assumed this would of been a negative article towards lightning network. No idea why some countries use . Instead of the , symbol to mean it’s a number in the thousands or millions.

I think the reason why the usage is up is due to the higher fees and the fact that many exchanges finally added lightning network. Years ago almost no exchanged used it because fees went down and it wasn’t really needed at the time.
Activity: 828
Merit: 657
Readers see 1% and what comes after the decimal place, but the real figure is 1,212% as can be seen on the image you shared.

I am one of those, but when i see the graph i undertand that the OP is using dot for thousand seperator instead of comma. Anyway

Very impresive the growth of the Lightning Network, i would like to participate on it, but in my city there is no bussines that accept bitcoin, even less LN.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
Some people use a decimal point '.' to represent a thousandth place, but it is not so common and you cannot use that for sums like percentage AFAIK.

Readers see 1% and what comes after the decimal place, but the real figure is 1,212% as can be seen on the image you shared.

That said, the growth of the LN is massive and shows promise that it can take huge load off on chain transactions in the future to keep fees at a reasonable amount.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
MrStork Exchange Service
Recently received news about the Bitcoin Lightning Network which experienced quite rapid growth in 2023 with a growth of 1212% in the last 2 years.

Bitcoin financial service River Financial reported on the growth of the Lightning Network,
from 503.115 transactions routed now soaring to 6.599.553 transactions in August 2023.

Sam Wouters, River's research analyst said the figure was "surprising" due to the drop in Bitcoin (BTC) price and loss of interest in online searches.
The report revealed that Bitcoin's price has fallen by 44%, while online searches for the top cryptocurrency have fallen by 45% since then, yet Lightning Network continues to grow.

The research analyst highlighted that Lightning Network has achieved a lot despite the market downturn and only having 5,000 BTC locked on the network.

Source:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-lightning-network-growth-surges-over-two-years
https://x.com/SDWouters/status/1711758161042866231?s=20
Pages:
Jump to: