Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Loaning - Is it worth it? - page 4. (Read 3469 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
July 28, 2015, 09:25:50 AM
You can gain pretty much from lending lending BTC. But if you are not careful you can also lost all your money. Bitcoin give people some sort of anonymity therefore scam attempts while lending money are normal.
You need to create for yourself set of rules and always play by the book. Never lend btc without proper collateral, even if someone is trusted. Also you may want to have limit on how much BTC you can lend.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
July 28, 2015, 09:25:34 AM
Hi,
So something I've been thinking about is lending Bitcoin. For me to conduct trades over Bitcoin Talk, I usually ask the other party pays first (which usually means the trades fall through).
  • Is it actually profitable?
  • Will I get scammed to death?
Cheers.

if you use the right precautions to me it is a  profittabile deal, first rule of lending, NO collateral, no loan, if you do this your % of lost your money  is less
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 28, 2015, 09:18:08 AM
Hi,
So something I've been thinking about is lending Bitcoin. For me to conduct trades over Bitcoin Talk, I usually ask the other party pays first (which usually means the trades fall through).
Cheers.
Is it profitable? Yeah if you could find trusted loaners which is hard these days.
Will you get scammed? Now isn't the right time to loan your money to someone else i think, too much scammers roam around bitcointalk atm. But, if you do it right you could get a stable income which is great.
Activity: 462
July 28, 2015, 09:16:04 AM
If there is a chance of you being scammed then you will surly be scammed. Only ever loan Bitcoin if you can get a trusted 3rd party to hold collateral at 110%-120% of the value of the loan, which will at least cover you when they default. I doubt it is very profitable in all honesty.
Ah okay, thanks. But what really is collateral? If someone says they'll give a domain name for example, how do I know that really is worth more than the loan?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
July 28, 2015, 09:13:27 AM
If there is a chance of you being scammed then you will surly be scammed. Only ever loan Bitcoin if you can get a trusted 3rd party to hold collateral at 110%-120% of the value of the loan, which will at least cover you when they default. I doubt it is very profitable in all honesty.
Activity: 462
July 28, 2015, 08:54:16 AM
Hi,
Cheers.
Pages:
Jump to: