Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin market dominance, Good for altcoins or Not - page 3. (Read 5491 times)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
The cryptomarket keeps on fluctuating with current market cap below 300 billion at the market. the bitcoin market dominance has reach all time high of 68.6% as time of writing. what effect does this have on altcoins. i think think it spell doom for altcoin if bitcoin will dominate the current market leaving the entire altcoins with nothing.
I think this is the true state of the cryptocurrency market today. As far as i see it more investors are jumping on Bitcoin bandwagon and selling their altcoin holdings resulting in Altcoin price dump, and because of these the bitcoin price was rallying againts most of the altcoins. I think the accumulated growth of Bitcoin was organic and not a bubble this time and sadly its not good on the altcoins side. This is just my personal opinion and im not an expert!
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
It's a tie now, bitcoin is dropping at these times now if you will notice it. But the bitcoin dominance remains stable and strong at 68.5%.

The more bitcoin dominance grows, the interest for altcoin investments will fall, and this is of course very bad for those who have invested or want to invest in altcoins.
It's not literally falling but the movement for altcoins is stagnant. They aren't falling IMO, the increase that everyone expected for them was sort of delayed because of btc's dom. But you are right with that pattern, if btc's dom. keeps rising, more delay will come for the rise of alts.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
People tend to wrongly use market domination (bitcoin, altcoins). This indicator should be used in combination with at least one supplementary indicator: total daily volume (bitcoin, altcoin).

- Total market cap of bitcoin, altcoins (by excluding bitcoin)
- Total volume of bitcoin, altcoins (by excluding bitcoin)

I meant if dominance rate of bitcoin increases, it implies people spend more money to invest in bitcoin. However, this indicator itself is not enough to judge that investors reduce their capital invest in altcoins. If total daily volume of altcoins still increase or even stable; I don't call that altcoins have been on their downward direction. Because demands on altcoins remain stable or even rising. It is a good signal, in my opinion.

Let's recap, to neutrally assess market condition, we should apply a combination of two indicators:
- Total market cap of bitcoin, altcoins
- Total daily volume of bitcoin, altcoins.
Let's observe their trends in time series plots before jumping in conclusions or making forecasts.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
When Bitcoin market dominance start coming down then altcoins will start their up move. It is very difficult for altcoins to rise till the dominance of bitcoin will not start dropping or stay at any level.
More simply, bitcoin dominance is not a good thing for altcoin because of the energy source that gives bitcoin more dominance and power over time, all generated from altcoin, whenever the dominance of Bitcoin achieve at high levels, altcoin always going down and losing the green season. But besides, it's not good for altcoin but it's good for us when the value of bitcoin increases, we hold more bitcoin will be a good thing, almost all of us have certain expectations on bitcoin, so hopefully bitcoin dominance should be reasonable, it should still create conditions for altcoin to be balanced, everyone will be happy.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 102
Bitcoin dominance is not good for altcoins. this makes altcoin easy to manipulate when bitcoin moves. especially now that there are too many altcoins on the market. so this makes altcoin difficult to develop.
Activity: 980
Merit: 109
Of course, the dominance of bitcoin in the market adversely affects altcoins. If this situation continues, we can see the massive closure of many projects. I would not want events to develop according to this scenario.
Activity: 658
Merit: 11
All market parameters are oscillatory. The time will come when Bitcoin will lose position to altcoins. It would be nice if this happened because of improving the quality of the average project, and not because of the number of projects.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
The cryptomarket keeps on fluctuating with current market cap below 300 billion at the market. the bitcoin market dominance has reach all time high of 68.6% as time of writing. what effect does this have on altcoins. i think think it spell doom for altcoin if bitcoin will dominate the current market leaving the entire altcoins with nothing.

In my opinion, if the dominance of bitcoin at the 68% level continues long, it will not be good for altcoin. Investors will be more inclined to choose bitcoin because there is no certainty of market conditions. In addition, new projects will be hampered in collecting funds from the sale of tokens because each investor prefers to hold bitcoin
Activity: 736
Merit: 11
You can see your wallet, is your altcoin going up or not? if you invest with altcoin which is close to bitcoin rankings, it is likely that the price will follow the bitcoin chart. yes but not all of them but altcoin usually follows the bitcoin price chart. but believe that there will be time for altcoin to grow prices again.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
the only difference that this so called "dominance" does is to fool newbies into buying or selling altcoins. when the dominance is small they are fooled into thinking altcoins are good so they invest, then they get dumped on and as prices fall that dominance rises and they again are forced to sell this time.
in the end there is no real effects on future of altcoins because newbies don't affect the market that much. and altcoins are on the same dying direction because the are pump and dumps. as a result we will keep seeing this marketcap ration go up and down as altcoins get pumped and then die.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I think when many people used any coin istts good for cryptocurrency, because if many people used bitcoin for any transaction, that indicates that people believe in cryptocurrency. So dont be afraid, because every coin have good special project.
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
When Bitcoin market dominance start coming down then altcoins will start their up move. It is very difficult for altcoins to rise till the dominance of bitcoin will not start dropping or stay at any level.
Activity: 244
Merit: 14
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
Not good for altcoin, but it depends on how you look at it. If you only have a little capital, you better buy bitcoin. And sell when bitcoin dominance is low. Follow the market flow. But if you have a lot of capital, you better buy altcoin gradually.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
yes indeed the incident always happens throughout the year, BTC continues to rise leaving Altc. but when BTC dropped, altc also dropped. maybe rising BTC prices have an adverse effect on altc prices. I also don't know why it's always like this whether altc might need investment supplies to catch up with BTC. but I think this is just a result of losing popularity between altc and BTC, which makes investors prefer BTC as their best investment place.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
if BTC still dominates market capitalization, then altcoin will be difficult to go to the moon,
because all market references are still based on bitcoin, and whatever happens BTC must dominate at least under 50% of market capitalization so that altcoin can go to the moon.
and of course this also affects the continuity of altcoin in the future.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
for now the dominance of bitcoin is still not good for altcoin. because altcoin is still showing a declining trend, it can be seen in the big altcoin, etherum. but when referring to the chart in previous years, etherum still has a big chance to go up high by more than $ 1000.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
I am thinking that if btc dominance went up to more than 70% it can be a good sign and might see some sideways on the graph and because of that alts might have pumps and that's what I am waiting for. All of my holdings got rekt and hoping for a come back but still market is unpredictable that we can even see dump within an hour.
Activity: 753
Merit: 15
mulierum.com
I think that so far, Bitcoin is always dominant than altcoins, moreover, about the price on the market. This first crypto really influences the prices of all altcoins. The volatility of BTC so far sometimes makes the altcoins dropped easily, after increasing a little bit. It is not good. But this is normal and the condition of the exact market. For me, it doesn't matter, if the price of BTC is dominant and stable enough, I believe that the price of altcoins can follow increasing. Hopefully yes.
Activity: 1063
Merit: 253
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
bitcoin gets more dominance, that means more people are trusting it and it will change the altcoin holder's opinion. These altcoin holders will start to sell some and move that amounts to the bitcoin.
Altcoin will get less domination that means if the demand for altcoin has already changed to the bitcoin. It's about a suggestion that has been made by the increase of bitcoin domination to the altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

on the contrary , bitcoin price increases and it is rising faster than the dominance % in relative figures
this means that alts will eventually increase in price because of this , bitcoin will drag it up
the vast majority of the coins are traded not only against  USD but also against BTC and their value correlated to btc price movement
altcoin prices will rally once the bullish fatigue sets in for bitcoin , this is  working for both  established coins like etherium and litecoin and the relatively unknown shitcoins out of the top 100
at the moment the future so bright for the altcoins , many of them are losing value  lets wait when the bull dust settles
but I see this as the nearly biblical distinction between "clean " and "unclean " alts - the ones that have no substance behind them will continue to lose  value
while the top alts like ripple,eth,ltc will keep up with bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: