Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Marketing - Ideas to promote bitcoin - page 2. (Read 969 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
1. Bitcoin clothing, wear bitcoin T-shirts.
2. Handing out bitcoin pamphlets locally.
3. Asking local vendors if they accept bitcoin.
4. Organizing bitcoin themed parties, be it birthday, anniversary, or any special occasion.Yeah, this might be expensive, but each and every guest would come to know about bitcoin.
5. Local bitcoin treasure hunt, find hidden bitcoin. I have seen some treasure hunt threads on this forum.

1. i find this weird LOL
2. this is not bad, if you have the time
3. this is the best option but it needs 2 things first. first is the customer or people who already hold bitcoin to want to spend it in that local vendor and the other is the regulation rules, for example what the government says about bitcoin, what are the taxes, ...
4. i have actually done this once when price went up the first time. i used the profit to throw a party
5. this takes a lot of innovation and i lack the talent  Roll Eyes

adding 6. tipping on social media. when changetip was around it was a good way of tipping others bitcoin and introducing them to bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
There is already a discussion thread, "What's your way of spreading Bitcoin knowledge?" Most of the answers are centered around sharing bitcoin knowledge directly with friends/family or through social media.

Now let's make it a bit broader. Apart from social media, what innovative or out of the box marketing ideas can be used to promote bitcoin. It is not necessary that you are using this idea, but you think that an idea like this would be helpful to make more people aware of the existence of bitcoin.

Bitcoin is not a brand, but brands associated with bitcoin are promoting it through TV commercials so it is an effective way to promote bitcoin. Some of the other ideas would be:

4. Organizing bitcoin themed parties, be it birthday, anniversary, or any special occasion.Yeah, this might be expensive, but each and every guest would come to know about bitcoin.
5. Local bitcoin treasure hunt, find hidden bitcoin. I have seen some treasure hunt threads on this forum.
Some ideas they are doing, it was not so affective. Some other ideas is so expensive so that no one wants to hold them, one of another reason is that there's not many Bitcoin users in therir place so they don't want to hold that kind of promotions.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
Whatever you do, choose a way to promote bitcoin which won't lead to your real world identity. Anonymous ways like stickers/graffiti are ok but wearing a bitcoin t-shirt might cause problems. A rare possibility but can happen.

Happened to that guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsLwPCRv49Y
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
Paste 1000 easily detach stickers on your town by night. 
Cool I like this propaganda solution.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078
There is already a discussion thread, "What's your way of spreading Bitcoin knowledge?" Most of the answers are centered around sharing bitcoin knowledge directly with friends/family or through social media.

Now let's make it a bit broader. Apart from social media, what innovative or out of the box marketing ideas can be used to promote bitcoin. It is not necessary that you are using this idea, but you think that an idea like this would be helpful to make more people aware of the existence of bitcoin.

Bitcoin is not a brand, but brands associated with bitcoin are promoting it through TV commercials so it is an effective way to promote bitcoin. Some of the other ideas would be:

Pages:
Jump to: