Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin mining at home - page 3. (Read 830 times)

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
November 13, 2022, 10:07:35 AM
I don´t want to spend a lot of money, something until 1k will be enough for me. However, I will think about it.

Can someone send me a tutorial (if there is any available) about a cheap mining equipment and how to set up the equipment?

You can use the rather detailed and up-to-date instructions described in the following video, I think after that you will have more understanding in the matter of mining and many questions will disappear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsTOFpGd1aQ
Activity: 28
Merit: 12
November 08, 2022, 07:09:54 PM
I don´t want to spend a lot of money, something until 1k will be enough for me. However, I will think about it.

Can someone send me a tutorial (if there is any available) about a cheap mining equipment and how to set up the equipment?
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
November 08, 2022, 06:39:10 PM
yeah a lot depends on your appetite to spend .

you could buy a few bitmain s-19 xp units at 6k each

and you could buy a immersion cooler for 2 k.  your cost would be over 15k

but it would be quiet and not need much maintenance .

Why not buy the s19/pro-Hydro version instead? It's way more cheaper than buying s19 XP and immersion cooling.

The only downside is that they will release the s19 hyd this December, and the pro version is next year in January.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
November 08, 2022, 05:05:37 PM
yeah a lot depends on your appetite to spend .

you could buy a few bitmain s-19 xp units at 6k each

and you could buy a immersion cooler for 2 k.  your cost would be over 15k

but it would be quiet and not need much maintenance .

This would need 210-240 volts and about 60 amps to run.

I would say it would be as much as a home miner would ever spend on mining.

or buy an apollo as linked above. well under 1k
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
November 08, 2022, 02:16:36 PM
Well, 1st  start here
As stated in that ^^, BTC mining requires using ASIC-based miners. Period.

Be aware that most miners are very power hungry - as in several kw - and all of that power is transformed into a lot of heat and noise from the fans cooling them. Think a high power space heater.
Because of the power needed you MUST have very low cost electric power, at least 210VAC and it must be stable.

For much quieter/affordable/but slower miners there are the ComPac-F USB sticks from Sidehack
and the faster Futurebit Apollo miner & Node here

Another good place to start is the Beginners & Help section.
Activity: 28
Merit: 12
November 08, 2022, 12:01:00 PM
Interested in mining bitcoin at home, I know that isn´t profitable like some years ago, but it´s an experience that I would like to live during my bitcoin journey.

What´s the process to mining bitcoin? Do I need an ASICs? Can I do it just with my computer? How this works, I need to go to some specific website to generate bitcoins?

I'm new in bitcoin mining, so if someone can explain it to me or send me some tutorial will be great, because I have a lot of doubts and questions.
Pages:
Jump to: