Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Mining Dashboard - The Genesis Block - page 2. (Read 6088 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
Any hardware delivered after October isn't going to break even in a year according to that.
Depressing tool if it's anywhere near accurate.

It might be nice to have BTC mined on there somewhere ?
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
I see you have the Klondikes in the main profitability section but not Bitburners.  Are you planning on adding them soon?  It would be interesting if you could add both stock speed & overclocked version if possible pls.

BitBurner only offers the ASIC PCBs, with customer furnished chips. He does not offer the complete sets like the Terrahash set that's listed in the upper section. We had to separate out chips, boards, and chip+board sets in order to allow for fair comparisons. The chips as well as PCB boards available are listed under the complete sets in their own sections.

ok sorry, i think i wasn't clear.  I meant the "Market & Hardware Parameters" section dropbox so that the boards' profitability can be calculated.  I don't have any issue with them not being in the Complete Hardware section.
As it is now I can manually input their data to the calculator section but as soon as I click on any button (eg change BTC to USD) the whole calculator resets & I have to input again.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Don't forget to add avalonclones.com, with their $1900 (~210BTC) 60Ghash Avalon clones, lol.

Also most people on the boards are talking about $/hash, these days not hash/$.  So $17.5/Ghash is considered a good deal, for example.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
I notice you use Mt. Gox prices. While Mt. Gox prices used to be most trustworthy, this is no longer true. It is extremely difficult to get USD out of Mt. Gox; thus, the price on Mt. Gox is inflated because most people convert to BTC in order to withdraw. Using Bitstamp values would be more relevant, as withdrawals from Bitstamp work.

(Note: BTC-E suffers from the opposite problem. It is extremely difficult to get USD in; thus, people deposit BTC more often, so the price is lower than what it should be.)
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Very nice and clean so far.  Keep up the good work.
Activity: 12
I see you have the Klondikes in the main profitability section but not Bitburners.  Are you planning on adding them soon?  It would be interesting if you could add both stock speed & overclocked version if possible pls.

BitBurner only offers the ASIC PCBs, with customer furnished chips. He does not offer the complete sets like the Terrahash set that's listed in the upper section. We had to separate out chips, boards, and chip+board sets in order to allow for fair comparisons. The chips as well as PCB boards available are listed under the complete sets in their own sections.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
Thank you for the feedback. If you look at the MH/$ column, you'll see that the ASICMiner USB Erupter actually has one of the worst MHash/$ at 4.

At the current network difficulty growth rate of 62% per month if the device, shipping, and electricity costs were $0, the USB miner could be expected to return 0.41 BTC. Now add in additional costs like electricity and setup costs, and you can determine what the maximum you would be willing to pay and still make a profit. All of the settings should be tailorable to your individual costs and what your projections of network difficulty will be.

https://i.imgur.com/67IjngV.png
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I <3 VW Beetles
Wow! Seems awesome, let's have a look then...

Edit: Woot?! An USB Erupter is the most hash/$ and after 3 months only 1$ profit a month IF you get em at 0.89BTC.
That seems a BIT overshot, but we'll see, nice website anyway, it's going to help alot of people.
Update Aug 14 2013: TGB Mining Dashboard 1.1

mining.thegenesisblock.com

In addition to adding new ASIC companies and products that have announced over the last few weeks, such as Bitfury and HashFast, we've added a few features that will make analyzing available options even easier.

• We've made it even easier to share your analysis with custom URLs. After each analysis is performed a URL is created at the top of the payment schedule. Simply click the button next to the URL to copy it and you can send it to other miners or store it for later analysis. Any time someone uses the new URL it will have all of the parameters and results preloaded for them.
  • Previously the auto-populated monthly difficulty increase used a 30-day window, which led to some dramatic fluctuations as the 30-day window alternated between 2 and 3 difficulty increases. We are now using the 90-day increase to smooth out that monthly increase estimate.

As a general rule please do not take any auto-populated fields as endorsement of those values. We're trying to get them as accurate as possible, but every field should be customized each user's personal needs.

Original Post July 22 2013: TGB Mining Dashboard 1.0

We’re the team behind The Genesis Block. We just built a Mining Dashboard as a free tool for the bitcoin community and would love your feedback. In short, it helps make a mining investment decision by providing full info on hardware options and providing a monthly payout schedule. You can check it out here: mining.thegenesisblock.com

Our team pre-loaded data inputs for available equipment, meaning all you have to do is select the hardware you’re interested in and the date you expect to start mining. The site then provides a month-by-month payout schedule based on operating costs and expected network growth. There’s also a sortable table at the bottom comparing ASIC options all in one place.

Any comments or criticisms are very much welcome. We love building these tools and want to make them as helpful as possible. Full screen shot below:

Pages:
Jump to: