Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Mining Difficultly Increases - 5 years from now - page 2. (Read 2798 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
What up everybody -

Trying to get an estimation for what the btc mining difficulty factor will be in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years and 5 years from now??

Best estimations I can find only include the next difficultly level but don't go any further.  Don't know how to figure it out myself obv..

Please help me Smiley  Willing to send a few chips on seals with clubs for solid detailed answer.

Thanks

Unless you can predict what scientific advancements are going to be made in the building of application specific integrated chips, it is nearly impossible to predict what the difficulty will be more than a year from now.  Any prediction would just be a wild guess.  You'd do just as well throwing darts at numbers on a dartboard, or rolling dice to predict it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
In 5 years I am sure it'd be in the high trillions, maybe even quadrillions.

Have you taken into account lessening block rewards (I.E. block halving)? Miners will be persuaded to stop mining or to leave to an altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
In 5 years I am sure it'd be in the high trillions, maybe even quadrillions.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
What up everybody -

Trying to get an estimation for what the btc mining difficulty factor will be in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years and 5 years from now??

Best estimations I can find only include the next difficultly level but don't go any further.  Don't know how to figure it out myself obv..

Please help me Smiley  Willing to send a few chips on seals with clubs for solid detailed answer.

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: