Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Mining in Space - page 3. (Read 472 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 232
May 06, 2018, 08:53:50 AM
I do not see a global breakthrough in this event. Well, they transmitted data from the stratosphere - in general, nothing supernatural. I wonder how they connect to the Internet. I think this method of mining has a very high cost, which makes it extremely unprofitable. In fact it's just advertising and nothing serious is behind it. So I do not think that it's worth paying attention to this news, it's unlikely that it will seriously affect the market.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
May 06, 2018, 08:37:21 AM
Interesting article. And as the CEO himself said, this is more symbolic than practical, but I think it's a historical event nonetheless.

I think the temperature at that altitude is ideal for mining (It also bears the risk of the equipment freezing!). Now if only we could stick together a couple of S9's and hook them up to a little solar power generator in there... That would be even more amazing!

Thank you for sharing it here!

Yep, this is an interesting article, just to blow up ur mind a little

thanks
Activity: 77
May 06, 2018, 08:36:05 AM
https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-mining-in-space-an-interview-with-miner-ones-ceo/
I was first doubtful if I will post this kind of topic since it seems useless to mine bitcoin into space, but after reading the whole article I thought that I will also share this historical even that took place 100,000 feet above the surface of the earth.

The company called Miner One has launched its mining rig called Space Miner One using a  hydrogen filled latex balloon. According to the CEO of Miner One "the goal of Space Miner One is to symbolically express our belief that bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general is about the future and the revolutionary technology at its heart: so-called blockchain technology. And with this new technology, the sky’s the limit.” And if you believe it or not it actually confirmed transactions at space, how cool isnt it.

I guess this even will be recorded in bitcoin history as the first mining rig to mine bitcoins at space.

whether to extract at least one bitcoin with this setting, to start it does not mean to start production yet, they should need a significant energy base if they want to organize really extraction of bitcoin.

"Extract" at least one Bitcoin? Read the article man. It's an experiment, and it's just one Raspberry Pi 3 and a battery. Mining one Bitcoin with this rig (if we can even call it a mining rig, lol!) would take centuries.

Baby steps, folks...
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
May 06, 2018, 08:29:22 AM
I was first doubtful if I will post this kind of topic since it seems useless to mine bitcoin into space, but after reading the whole article I thought that I will also share this historical even that took place 100,000 feet above the surface of the earth.

The company called Miner One has launched its mining rig called Space Miner One using a  hydrogen filled latex balloon. According to the CEO of Miner One "the goal of Space Miner One is to symbolically express our belief that bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general is about the future and the revolutionary technology at its heart: so-called blockchain technology. And with this new technology, the sky’s the limit.” And if you believe it or not it actually confirmed transactions at space, how cool isnt it.

I guess this even will be recorded in bitcoin history as the first mining rig to mine bitcoins at space.

whether to extract at least one bitcoin with this setting, to start it does not mean to start production yet, they should need a significant energy base if they want to organize really extraction of bitcoin.
Activity: 77
May 06, 2018, 08:22:39 AM
Interesting article. And as the CEO himself said, this is more symbolic than practical, but I think it's a historical event nonetheless.

I think the temperature at that altitude is ideal for mining (It also bears the risk of the equipment freezing!). Now if only we could stick together a couple of S9's and hook them up to a little solar power generator in there... That would be even more amazing!

Thank you for sharing it here!
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
May 06, 2018, 08:20:44 AM

Well, that's not mining in space.
"Space" begins after the Kármán line which is at around 330 000 feet or 100km. The ISS is at around 400 Km

That balloon stayed in the stratosphere, from that to outer space is an enormous difference.
And yeah, he's right. The sky is indeed the LIMIT for weather balloons.

What is worse is that it smells like a publicity stunt for a shady project:

The next step of the project is building the mining facility. Mr. Slušnys informed us that they are eager to start mining, particularly with the rebounding prices of Bitcoin and Ether, stating that this will help pay for more of the cutting-edge equipment the project needs to grow. The project has committed to begin payouts to investors by the end of the summer

Yeah, another ICO..... Angry

It could be a publicity stunt but even though this is the first time it happen that a mining company set out a mining rig above 100k feet above sea level. Due to their unique idea this could be a historical if not in the world of bitcoin but in the world of cryptocurrency. I am not advertising their product but I am just giving our information about this weird kind of activity.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
May 06, 2018, 08:16:51 AM

Well, that's not mining in space.
"Space" begins after the Kármán line which is at around 330 000 feet or 100km. The ISS is at around 400 Km

That balloon stayed in the stratosphere, from that to outer space is an enormous difference.
And yeah, he's right. The sky is indeed the LIMIT for weather balloons.

What is worse is that it smells like a publicity stunt for a shady project:

The next step of the project is building the mining facility. Mr. Slušnys informed us that they are eager to start mining, particularly with the rebounding prices of Bitcoin and Ether, stating that this will help pay for more of the cutting-edge equipment the project needs to grow. The project has committed to begin payouts to investors by the end of the summer

Yeah, another ICO..... Angry

Activity: 994
Merit: 544
May 06, 2018, 07:42:18 AM

Pages:
Jump to: