Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin mining in Texas - new trend - will Tesla follow - page 3. (Read 368 times)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
Are these mines close to the power source? Because that can be helpful for them to reduce their expenses in energy consumption. Tesla following this trend won't be possible as they are mainly a car company, maybe Elon might create another mining start up that are more focused on the bitcoin and other related stuff.

Elon is open for possibilities of venturing on other investment option and might they will grab the option to open up a mining farm since its quite good option for them to open that. Remember they have capabilities since they have resources to make this project happen, but lets expect that they will use electric or other cheap methods so I believe they can lessen their operational cost if they can make their mining farm run by solar or other green energy source.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
maybe Elon might create another mining start up that are more focused on the bitcoin and other related stuff.
Or they could just buy some shares from these companies. No need to start from the beginning if you can get it at a lower cost. Not sure about the profit either, if they think staking/trading is better I guess we won't see any movement.
That could work but I don't think that they are going for a meager percentage, maybe they can buy the majority of the shares but who knows what they will do, I was just speculating on what is going to happen next.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
maybe Elon might create another mining start up that are more focused on the bitcoin and other related stuff.
Or they could just buy some shares from these companies. No need to start from the beginning if you can get it at a lower cost. Not sure about the profit either, if they think staking/trading is better I guess we won't see any movement.

I could see Tesla buying a ton of PoS coin and run a node, something like ETH2 or BSC.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
Are these mines close to the power source? Because that can be helpful for them to reduce their expenses in energy consumption. Tesla following this trend won't be possible as they are mainly a car company, maybe Elon might create another mining start up that are more focused on the bitcoin and other related stuff.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
https://decrypt.co/60598/argo-blockchain-buys-land-to-build-bitcoin-mining-facility-in-texas
https://decrypt.co/11741/another-major-bitcoin-mining-farm-set-to-open-texas
https://decrypt.co/20018/peter-thiel-backed-layer1-opens-up-bitcoin-mining-facility-in-texas

seems that Texas natural resources, natural gas and wind energy are drawing companies to invest in mining farms in Texas and Argo blockchain followed suit, with 320 acres of land acquisition

1. Bitmain launched mining facility in Rochdale, Texas, current capacity 50MW, with plans to expand to 300MW - edit: questionable status

2. Northern Data AG has mining facility in Texas, that is currently upgraded to 1GW, and plans for 2023 upgrade to 3600MW, which is world largest mining facility

3. Layer1 mining facility with upper goal of 100MW

4. Argo Blockchain acquired 320 acres of land to establish Bitcoin mining facility

Pages:
Jump to: