Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin mining is doomed ! - page 4. (Read 5393 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 03, 2015, 01:48:46 PM
With all these, let's just ask ourselves:
Is it still worth mining bitcoin right now ?

It depends on who (or where) you are.
Keeping with the numbers so far, if the network difficulty is 50B, 1GH/s can be expected to earn roughly BTC0.00000042 per hour. At $200 per coin, that's ~$0.000084 per hour.

Assuming we're using the newest mining tech @ ~0.2J/GH (supposedly coming to market soon), your electricity/hosting/cooling costs would need to be less than $0.42 per kWh to make a profit (which is just about everyone). So, yes, it's still worth mining Bitcoin.

But when will it no longer be worth it for grand-scale industrial miners? If we shoot for the best (er..worst?) case scenario using 0.2J/GH, $200/BTC, $0.01 / kWh, difficulty would need to be equal to or greater than 2 trillion (something like 14.5 EH/s ..or 14,500 PH/s) in order for them not to be profitable anymore. Assuming mining gear never becomes more efficient than 0.2J/GH and their expenses never go below $0.01 per kWh, the only other volatile variable is the price of Bitcoin. If the price goes up, the difficulty may still go up since miners can still make a profit.
legendary
Activity: 1120
January 03, 2015, 12:04:26 PM
"absolutely" like in it's worth mining ?
by end of jan diff will be more than 50, you shall see !
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 03, 2015, 12:03:37 PM
1.The difficulty is starting to have huge increases again while the price is going DOWN, it already is below 300 !
2.My estimate is that next difficulty is going to be above 15 % and the others following will be somewhere around same level !
3.Soon NEXT GENERATION ASICS will be launched and the difficulty will start raising even more, we might see 30-40 % + increases in difficulty,
and the miners we bought now will be absolute, with no chance to EVER ROI.

absolutely.

I am  Looking forward to  a 200 dollar coin price and 50xxxxxxx diff by my birthday the end of January.

Ask me why?
legendary
Activity: 1120
January 03, 2015, 11:17:20 AM
1.The difficulty is starting to have huge increases again while the price is going DOWN, it already is below 300 !
2.My estimate is that next difficulty is going to be above 15 % and the others following will be somewhere around same level !
3.Soon NEXT GENERATION ASICS will be launched and the difficulty will start raising even more, we might see 30-40 % + increases in difficulty,
and the miners we bought now will be absolute, with no chance to EVER ROI.

Pages:
Jump to: