Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Mining vs Buying - page 3. (Read 708 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
December 16, 2018, 04:47:38 AM
it is never an easy statement of "it is better to mine bitcoin". you can't say that without specifying at least a dozen variables and only one of them is the bitcoin price of that time! for example an uncommon thing to consider is the fact that you don't have to reveal your identity and risk going to an exchange and get scammed just because you want to own bitcoin. when you mine it, you will be directly rewarded with fresh coins that you yourself produce.
and of course obviously it is always about bitcoin price, the electricity cost, labor, cooling, maintenance cost,... for instance if you have access to cheap electricity then it is ALWAYS better to mine bitcoin.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
December 15, 2018, 11:28:32 PM
I heard mining is no longer profitable, after massive decline in bitcoin price. If miners leave mining, Bitcoin mining difficulty will decrease, so things will eventually even.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
December 15, 2018, 11:15:20 PM
Avoid cloud mining, if you do a quick search here in the forum and on google you'll find most of them are scams. If you're not ready to invest a lot of money buying Bitcoin is the best option. Mining only becomes a good option if you have a cheap electricity cost at your place.

Also, bitcoin mining is profitable from the start of 2018 until now you'd still see people continue mining. If it wasn't profitable for everyone we could've seen a bigger decrease on the hashrate.
Activity: 255
Merit: 12
December 15, 2018, 07:45:09 PM
Is it better to get BTC via mining or buying now?
It was no longer profitable early this year for mining. However, with the recent price surge, does mining becomes profitable now?
If yes, any suggestion? There are quite many cloud miner in the market.
Depending on how you understand the Bitcoin space, there are so many factors relating to whether you want to buy bitcoin or mine it.  With mining, you need to consider the cost of electricity in your country whether its cheap or expensive and also consider the cost of the hardware you need to start mining. Considering buying and hodling, you need to check the current and past trading trends to help you understand and know the possible market price you are likely to sell your Bitcoin in case you want to trade them in some months or years to come. With this, you can choose to mine or buy. Cool Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 441
Merit: 100
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
December 15, 2018, 07:33:45 PM
mining will give us benefits quickly, such as trading too, but buying the same as investment, it is impossible for us to sell BTC immediately after buying in a short time.

but, we have to wait when BTC reaches the bull value.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
December 15, 2018, 07:22:03 PM
in my opinion, BTC mining is more profitable now, today there are many sales of BTC, especially when battle of hashes.

many BCHSV or BCHABC supporters sell their BTC assets to win the hash battle.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
December 15, 2018, 06:39:22 PM
It was no longer profitable early this year for mining. However, with the recent price surge, does mining becomes profitable now?

right now (doing the lengthy math) the cost of mining is a multiple of 104 of the amount of exahash mining.
so 32exa * 104 =3328
this 104 is based from maths of a s9 sold at $390, that is 1.3kwh with $0.05perkwh cost and is 14thash
if you want a easy multiple of the new s15.. that would be 117. but they are not out for delivery yet(deliveries begin in about a fortnight)

if the entire network was running s15 then the cost of mining at this weeks 32exa low, would be $3744

mining older hardware which you have already broken even in regards to hardware where you are now paying just electric
is 61.9x of exahash (based on $0.05/kwh)
meaning if you bought an old asic in late 2017 and got your $2k rewards after 5 months(i done that math too) and now just mining with electric as your cost
32*61.9=$1980.80

so s9 mining =104x of exahash
so s15 mining =117x of exahash
so electric only cost mining = 61.9x of exahash
use those numbers and you will have a quick and easy way to work out which is cheaper.. to buy or to mine

have a nice day

the reason i am using 104 as base cost. is that it is the cheapest hardware+electric majority.
those with earlier rigs that paid themselves off, most people use the hardware payoff to then buy new rigs so technically its not just pure electric as their hardware profit is respend and gone. so they are still in the loop of trying to recoup
Activity: 1372
Merit: 269
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 15, 2018, 06:27:31 PM
With the current price of bitcoin, I think mining is still profitable but not that high. However, buying bitcoin would be an additional investment option wherein profit will be achieved few months or few years from now. Currently bitcoin is around $3,250. At this very low price, there are some investors really on the buying mode already.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016
December 15, 2018, 06:13:37 PM

I do not know where you have information that at the beginning of this year mining was unprofitable..  Roll Eyes
This is simple: When the BTC price is high, the profitability increases, when the price is low, the profitability is low, or you even lose on it. It mainly depends on the cost of electricity, but at the current price, the answer is simple - it is better to buy BTC than to mine.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
December 15, 2018, 05:28:45 PM
Pages:
Jump to: