Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Mixing services - page 2. (Read 351 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
June 07, 2018, 08:36:58 PM
Your question has been clearly answered by multiple people here in this thread. Is there anything else you want answered specifically?
I have been asked to do a legal research on the Bitcoin so I want to hear some personal opinions.
I tried to find an evaluation or a percentage of those who use these mixers, but I did not see anything.
Well it's pretty difficult to have an idea on the percentage of people using mixers unless these top mixers would make their data statistics public(which I'm quite sure they won't).
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1288
June 07, 2018, 06:03:24 PM
Your question has been clearly answered by multiple people here in this thread. Is there anything else you want answered specifically?
I have been asked to do a legal research on the Bitcoin so I want to hear some personal opinions.
I tried to find an evaluation or a percentage of those who use these mixers, but I did not see anything.
like monero, etc... instead of bitcoin, so it's possible that mixers has less coins from criminals than you think at first glance...
Good Point.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
June 07, 2018, 04:53:32 PM
If a criminal wants to use something for bad, they will find a way. E.g cars, internet, guns, mixers, Bitcoin, cell phones, etc. I would say actually there are more people using mixers for legal reasons than we think.
Criminals would prefer using cash if they can meet somehow in person, so bitcoin can be helpful only in a situation where the parties are far away. But I guess criminals (who want to use a crypto to transfer money) would prefer the real private coins like monero, etc... instead of bitcoin, so it's possible that mixers has less coins from criminals than you think at first glance...
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
June 07, 2018, 01:46:04 PM
As for the ratio of evil to good,
So you are promoting an evil service.

Cut
Cut
My question was curious because most of the ads here are about mixing services. Chipmixer/Bestmixer

Mixers are not "evil", not in the slightest. Sure criminals can use mixers for bad if they would like, but isn't that true for literally everything that's ever existed? If a criminal wants to use something for bad, they will find a way. E.g cars, internet, guns, mixers, Bitcoin, cell phones, etc. I would say actually there are more people using mixers for legal reasons than we think.
mk4
legendary
Paldo.io 🤖
June 07, 2018, 01:25:13 PM

Cut
Cut
My question was curious because most of the ads here are about mixing services. Chipmixer/Bestmixer

Yes. Bitcoin mixing services do advertise here on bitcointalk through ads and through signature campaigns, since this is a bitcoin forum hence they might get more users through advertising here. Your question has been clearly answered by multiple people here in this thread. Is there anything else you want answered specifically?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
June 07, 2018, 01:20:30 PM

Oh no!!!! Don't even start the debate "who kills people, guns or criminals"?
In the first place, all those used bitcoin before that so by being a bitcoin user yourself (I guess!!!) you also are involved in an evil project  Wink /removing the tinfoil hat

I've already said it, that ratio is so (in my opinion and I could be totally wrong on it) because of the average Joe is not that concerned yet!!! with privacy. Once people care more about it and they realize the tracks they leave out in the open for anybody to start doxing them, mixing your coins will be a routine  Wink

legendary
June 07, 2018, 12:55:05 PM

Cut
Cut
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
June 07, 2018, 12:11:16 PM
In what service is mixing used [Based on your personal use] or what is the general use of this service?
If we make a vote, what is the proportion of using this service in good and what is the ratio of evil?

I don't think you can call it a "service", certainly most of them aren't activities following the law Grin
Who uses mixing the two above me have answered, if you want examples of those illegal activities probably the top will be made out of dark market traded coins, stolen coins(hacks), and your daily scams (ponzi schemes, fake merchandise, "cloud mining" and so on).

As for the ratio of evil to good, unfortunately, I'll put it to something around 10:1.
Not because there is a huge amount of coins involved in crimes but because of the average joe is not that interested in privacy nor does he realize the traces he leaves behind and the implications.
Probably things will change..but not for a while

mk4
legendary
Paldo.io 🤖
June 07, 2018, 12:11:39 AM
Just to add to what pooya87 said:

Though probably majority of the coins being mixed are used in some sort of illegal way, not because you want your privacy to be increased doesn't necessarily mean you're doing something illegal. Me personally, since bitcoin's blockchain is public, I definitely wouldn't want people knowing how much bitcoin I have. Just as you probably wouldn't want people to know how much money you have on your bank account.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
June 07, 2018, 12:01:34 AM
there is absolutely no way of telling. only a mixing service can tell you that and that is only if they analyze the coins that come to them for mixing and this doesn't sound like something a mixing service should ever do. they shouldn't store any kind of data from their users either.
all we can say is that these services are using by both people who have dirty money and want to hide things and the average Joe who wants to increase their privacy.
legendary
June 06, 2018, 11:38:06 PM
In what service is mixing used [Based on your personal use] or what is the general use of this service?
If we make a vote, what is the proportion of using this service in good and what is the ratio of evil?
Pages:
Jump to: