Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin museum - page 2. (Read 3720 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 10
April 24, 2013, 02:52:25 PM
when we bought the domain, i think in february, the project was not clear yet, and there is no chance to register domains for more than 5 years with commercial sellers nowdays. i promise you that it will be registered for 50 years. total price for 50 years will be 0.03x50=1.50 btcs as today. we can afford it. your objection is a bit futile, or maybe for you it would be unaffordable, i don't know what's your point...
i'm not asking anybody to trust me, the name is already an authority. i just show you an oportunity. take it or leave it. where people stand in front of oportunities is part of our observation. if we didn't believe in oportunities we wouldn't have bitcoins today in our pockets.

why should we do that?

You are asking everyone to trust that you will be around for 50 years.  Yet you yourself aren't willing to commit to more than one year.

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
April 24, 2013, 02:46:43 PM
why should we do that?

You are asking everyone to trust that you will be around for 50 years.  Yet you yourself aren't willing to commit to more than one year.

April 24, 2013, 02:28:19 PM
Domain Name: bitcoinmuseum.com
Created on: 2/9/2013 12:34:26 AM
Expires on: 2/9/2014 12:34:26 AM

You've only registered the domain name for ONE year - not 50.

At any time you could decide the site is no longer worth the trouble and just close it down.  No thanks.

why should we do that? the registration today is 0.03 btcs per year. to be honest, if i watch the clock, i tell you that is already almost 20 years we are making websites. there is no trouble associated to it. that's why we choosen a solid format to start. when the board will finish, you might find yourself locked out from an oportunity to save 0.01 today. You are welcome.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
April 24, 2013, 01:36:30 PM
Domain Name: bitcoinmuseum.com
Created on: 2/9/2013 12:34:26 AM
Expires on: 2/9/2014 12:34:26 AM

You've only registered the domain name for ONE year - not 50.

At any time you could decide the site is no longer worth the trouble and just close it down.  No thanks.
April 24, 2013, 05:15:24 AM
under the financial aspect, if you hold pixel today, you'd better wait the board to get filled up :-). no rush, we've got 50 years!.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
April 24, 2013, 12:13:45 AM
Talk to me to get 10 pixels for 20% off
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Jack of oh so many trades.
April 23, 2013, 05:32:05 AM
that page will be there for the next 50 years

Unless you don't make enough to keep paying for hosting  Grin
April 22, 2013, 08:26:25 PM
Oh, not another milliondollarwebpage clone again. This is the 2nd I've seen advertised here now..
nothing new about the format of the page, 'right.. we fell in love with that idea years ago, but when it happened to us to have the responsibility to manage the Bitcoin Museum, at this stage of history, we couldn't think about a different format.

too many are the analogies: the pixel and the coin, the board and the block, the scarcity, the apparent futility, the need of a certain faith to opt in, also to be born 'old skool', in a way... . . the centralization of the museum is only due to the client-server architecture of the web today...

we are not interested in the speculation, fluctuation, or usdllars side of the coin.. we just would like to humbly print out on a boards a cultural statement, a 'reliquia', and we feel that the right way in this is to call the actors to make an effort to be there. this is an important variable to it. to write on something you need the ink, and you must provide it.

eventually, if the responsibility will meet the circumstances, we will think about a bitcoin 'philantropic foundation', yes another one, and the actors who bought in on the pixels on the board today, will probably have a proportional influence to the space they will occupy, but this we can't promise. we don't know if we'll go any further. nobody knows with certainty the future of the btc.. it could climb to the moon, or crash in a pit of forgot... we hope all the best. and we at least will try our best not to let the museum go, as it happened to many websites and initiatives of the first bitcoin wave. a cemetery, 404 gravestones. so, 'ad majora', let this wave be to the success.

that page will be there for the next 50 years, and it will represent what happened in the past, today and hits future, on a wall, proportionally to the contribution enitities applied and felt they could bet, or 'spend' on them. never mind if it doesn't get filled, that would mean that the coins have not being perceived the way the board wants to represent.

If you love bitcoin, and you would bet on it, well, we feel that your contribution to that page is welcome in many ways.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
April 21, 2013, 11:06:12 AM
Oh, not another milliondollarwebpage clone again. This is the 2nd I've seen advertised here now..
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
Prima Inter Pares
April 21, 2013, 11:04:26 AM
Hallo,
We like the idea very much and we think of buying some pixels in the near future.
B.M.Messer
April 20, 2013, 03:51:57 AM
Dear Bitcoin user/merchant
if you are looking for visibility and authority in the bitcoin scenario, you should consider buying some pixels in the Bitcoin Museum. http://bitcoinmuseum.com

With the Bitcoin museum we would like to describe what will come out from the 'bitcoin phenomena' under the sociological and cultural aspect into a graffiti-like timeless experience, and where is the point of 'fluidification', rather than 'consolidation' of the btc from a saving perspective to the futile, but potentially smart, choice candidate to be the brick (pixel) for the everyday human and corporative economy.

The price of the pixels on the board will increment following the rule of scarcity, so a block of pixel today is at the best price possible. Own a piece of bitcoin history. Yours for the next 50 years.

I hope that we gave you a useful bit of information, and that together we can be remembered as part of the legend.
Regards

http://bitcoinmuseum.com
Pages:
Jump to: