Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Nation (Serious) ( A New Country About Bitcoin) - page 2. (Read 4444 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
this is like the 5th time someone has tried to propose a bitcoin island without going beyond the land purchase and utopian ideologies. no thought plans on utility's such as: electric/ clean water / sewerage / housing / telephone-internet / and of course housing development.

1.    There are no undiscovered or unclaimed islands—with one partial exception.
2.    Existing countries are quite protective of their sovereignty and territorial integrity.
3.    There is no recognized process for forming your own country, and it comes essentially down to power.

Mali's GDP is over $10 billion dollars and they are one of the most terrible countries (HDI speaking).
Activity: 154
strideynet I suggest you continue your pursuit of knowledge, especially figuring how what is right and what is wrong, and why. Use philosophy to get to the root of the issue, build your models on ideas as words have evolved to aid in confusion rather than clarity.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Before I start please dont troll here. I am taking this seriously.

I believe the ethics of Bitcoin is powerful enough to drive a new Nation into power. I believe in the future we should create a Bitcoin Nation ( Im 13 right now, would like to wait till im older Wink The country would have no single leader, each citizen able to log into a secure P2P voting system to vote on important decisions. A Informer would be elected and their role would be to act in emergencies (During attack and a firing solution is required) and to inform the nation of new issues. I would also like to be the ultimate asylum for future Edward Snowdowns.

To start a Nation there is no specific paperwork or requirements but the 1933 Convention on the rights and duties of a state is a good starting point (http://www.cfr.org/sovereignty/montevideo-convention-rights-duties-states/p15897). Clause 1 is the most important, we would requires Territory, I believe we would crowdfund the purchase of a island ( Forcibly taking one could go wrong) and then declare ourselves a state. Then we need citizens, people who are bound there. The government is the entirety of the island but the final statement is complicated. You need to be recognised, this means holding your ground and having some sort of power. To be fully recognised we would have to join the UN meaning almost everywhere would be forced to recognise us.

I look forward to you trying to convince a country that just because you bought some property in that country, you have the right to revolt and secede. Good luck with that.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Living on an island is expensive.  You don't produce much, if anything, and have to get everything imported.  Unless you're already doing business on the mainlands, you're better off staying there.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
So would anyone be allowed to join this new "nation" and become a citizen? IF so, I see a few things right there that would prevent people from joining. Secondly, being of immigrant parents , and born in the USA I have come to notice my parents immigrated for a reason ... to give me a better life.

Now that I am in the work force and see the state of my homeland of Greece (or my parents if you want to say that) what would I be doing there? They came over here to make My life better .. why would I come join this new "nation" if I do not see any benefit to my family when I have one?

Long and short, starting a nation , I'm assuming, is harder then a successful startup. Not only would you have to ensure the people becoming citizens bring value to this "nation" but you would obviously have to offer a myriad of services to ensure that.

Kosta

+1

this is like the 5th time someone has tried to propose a bitcoin island without going beyond the land purchase and utopian ideologies. no thought plans on utility's such as: electric/ clean water / sewerage / housing / telephone-internet / and of course housing development.

if anyone is truly interested in such a project its better to work in a area that is already developed, such as the new hampshire project. where the only thing that needs to be messed around with is the laws.

bitcoin islands are normally linked by law to a neighbouring continent/mainland. although islands are less policed compared to the mainland, the laws still apply. so there is no difference from the point of view of law between an island and a state.

if you dont think this is true. check out Richard bransons private island. it has to follow the same laws as all the other islands in the british virgin islands. For instance. wanting to get married. by law of the british virgin islands the couple have to be on the island 3 days prior to the ceremony.

http://www.neckerisland.virgin.com/

so even though richard branson bought the island and has set his own personal rule that it is invite only. he still has to obey the laws of the area.
Activity: 309
So would anyone be allowed to join this new "nation" and become a citizen? IF so, I see a few things right there that would prevent people from joining. Secondly, being of immigrant parents , and born in the USA I have come to notice my parents immigrated for a reason ... to give me a better life.

Now that I am in the work force and see the state of my homeland of Greece (or my parents if you want to say that) what would I be doing there? They came over here to make My life better .. why would I come join this new "nation" if I do not see any benefit to my family when I have one?

Long and short, starting a nation , I'm assuming, is harder then a successful startup. Not only would you have to ensure the people becoming citizens bring value to this "nation" but you would obviously have to offer a myriad of services to ensure that.

Kosta
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
Freedom of the people would overide democracy I think. When i said important decisions i meant pretty much all decisions except for like incoming nuke should we fire back. I was thinking a legislation requires 50 % of population to pass. Also thinking anybody could create a legislation. LawBook. There would definately be no PRISM.
Activity: 440
each citizen able to log into a secure P2P voting system to vote on important decisions

If you had to choose between democracy and freedom, so that only one of those was primary, and the other was secondary, which should override the other?
Activity: 412
Before I start please dont troll here. I am taking this seriously.

I believe the ethics of Bitcoin is powerful enough to drive a new Nation into power. I believe in the future we should create a Bitcoin Nation ( Im 13 right now, would like to wait till im older Wink The country would have no single leader, each citizen able to log into a secure P2P voting system to vote on important decisions. A Informer would be elected and their role would be to act in emergencies (During attack and a firing solution is required) and to inform the nation of new issues. I would also like to be the ultimate asylum for future Edward Snowdowns.

To start a Nation there is no specific paperwork or requirements but the 1933 Convention on the rights and duties of a state is a good starting point (http://www.cfr.org/sovereignty/montevideo-convention-rights-duties-states/p15897). Clause 1 is the most important, we would requires Territory, I believe we would crowdfund the purchase of a island ( Forcibly taking one could go wrong) and then declare ourselves a state. Then we need citizens, people who are bound there. The government is the entirety of the island but the final statement is complicated. You need to be recognised, this means holding your ground and having some sort of power. To be fully recognised we would have to join the UN meaning almost everywhere would be forced to recognise us.

Firstly, If I ever took this forward would YOU become a citizen and join the efforts, please answer nicely and no trolling. Also, Would this idea work? Improvements.

Regards
Noah Stride
State Pre-Organisation Informer.
Pages:
Jump to: