Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Not Useful for Terrorists, Already Regulated Appropriately - page 2. (Read 1283 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
Thanks God we have started seeing such interviews and opinions from such important people. This terrorist crap wasn't a joke at all in my opinion. Regulators and governments would actually have a great shot to limit our existence by using the terrorists involvement in crypto.

I am glad that the situation about this is calming down little by little!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
for what we know they could use any other altcoin for their dirty movements of money, so bitcoin can not be blamed for this

or they can use their own currency, nothing will stop this, well besides no one accepting it...
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
Good to know there is little evidence indicating the use of digital currencies involving terrorist financing and so is money laundering. I can see there are more extortion crimes though and even with the public ledger, its hard to trace especially if the funds gets into an exchange site.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
Maybe there should be some sort of failsafe that can be activated to find the IPs linked to a certain bitcoin address, so authorities can track transactions if needed.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Yes there is nothing wrong with bitcoin as it is with gold. But the way they are being used can be sometime wrong as you can see gold is also being used by smuggler and terrorist so i don't find necessary to ban bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Yep there's nothing wrong with bitcoin. Bitcoin is just part of our economy but with anonymous features. we just need to plan out some solutions to prevent the bad from making use of it
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Credit to: Corruption News : Bitcoin Not Useful for Terrorists, Already Regulated Appropriately

In the aftermath of the Paris attack on November 13, the European Union (EU) is looking to crack down on bitcoin with the hope
of preventing the financing of future attacks. Regulators and advocacy groups agree, though, that kneejerk regulation is not what is needed; rather, it’s an increase in education.

“There’s nothing wrong with Bitcoin, it just means it’s another part of our financial system,” said Dana Syracuse, managing director and a member in the
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Regulatory Compliance Practice at K2 Intelligence, in an interview with Bitcoin Magazine.

Your thoughts guys?
Pages:
Jump to: