Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin obstructionists - page 2. (Read 1401 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
April 21, 2017, 12:48:25 PM
This more or less just sounds like a blacklist of people you don't like/agree with.  What good does that serve? One of the main points of message boards like this are to have debates and challenge ideas.  Plus I mean, I guess it depends on the kind of person you are; but wouldn't it be boring if you essentially put your self in an echo chamber and got the same positive reinforcement all the time?  

I've got to disagree with the recent shill lists discussion threads being published. They are not going to be a balanced representation of who people consider shills. How do you define a shill? Is a shill list started by someone who some people consider being a shill on one side going to allow for balanced accusations of shills on the otherside? Both are self moderated. The only good thing about the latter is that it is bound to create a barrage of mud slinging, so I suppose they can just be censored out.

Good points and I would like to address these.

First of all, I do not intend to simply label everyone I disagree with as a troll, but rather individuals who engange in repeated and flagrant dishonest/irrational communication, for example: refusing to stay on point, argumentum ad repetition, and generally toxic behavior.  I concede that my own judgement of who falls into this category is somewhat subjective and biased.  (Ironically, most trolls will never admit they have any bias at all and pretend their word is gospel.)   There are several people that hold opposing views from me, whom I respect, and they do not need to resort to childish tactics to express themselves.  

As to the value of this thread:  We all want to express our opinions.  I can only hope that my opinion will be valued more than certain other people's opinion because I have demonstrated a history of honesty and goodwill along with a solid understanding of Bitcoin.
Activity: 476
Merit: 501
April 21, 2017, 03:43:36 AM
I've got to disagree with the recent shill lists discussion threads being published. They are not going to be a balanced representation of who people consider shills. How do you define a shill? Is a shill list started by someone who some people consider being a shill on one side going to allow for balanced accusations of shills on the otherside? Both are self moderated. The only good thing about the latter is that it is bound to create a barrage of mud slinging, so I suppose they can just be censored out.
Activity: 770
Merit: 629
April 21, 2017, 03:14:10 AM
This more or less just sounds like a blacklist of people you don't like/agree with.

Well, I just got censored by Lauda (see the thread about that I just started...).  So I have to agree with jonald.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
April 21, 2017, 01:46:01 AM
This more or less just sounds like a blacklist of people you don't like/agree with.  What good does that serve? One of the main points of message boards like this are to have debates and challenge ideas.  Plus I mean, I guess it depends on the kind of person you are; but wouldn't it be boring if you essentially put your self in an echo chamber and got the same positive reinforcement all the time? 
legendary
April 20, 2017, 11:00:02 PM
Lauda has been added as the first entry.
Activity: 602
Merit: 263
April 19, 2017, 09:20:08 PM
I am going to keep track of those that I personally feel are
trolling, shilling, fudding, and hurting the discussion of
Bitcoin here.

If you can recommend someone who belongs in the hall
of shame, post their username and a link to a reference.

This is a self moderated thread and I will delete any posts
that are trolling, shilling, fudding, and probably put you on
the list as well if you do that.

Thank you a lot! But they are not the main problem compared with scammers.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
April 19, 2017, 09:17:47 PM
all founders of ethereum.  Especially Neal Koblitz and Vitalik Buterin.  Russian/US but really international government communists looking to decrease freedom and create system for orchestrating the actions of non autonomous bug humans.  They're also multi propped. 
legendary
April 19, 2017, 09:11:44 PM
#1:  Lauda

Reference threads:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/roger-ver-has-been-compromised-1871610
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-i-am-still-not-voting-for-segwit-1877789

Description:

Lauda constantly shills for Blockstream/Core and knows just enough about Bitcoin technicals to make
a good-sounding argument to the non-technical reader.

His favorite troll tactic is to make technical points, and when these points are refuted or debated,
he simply pivots his argument to a different point.

He's one of the most successful trolls because he's been able to use this tactic over and over,
often responding in little quote snippets so that readers can't follow the entire conversation and
see that he is just leading the argument in circles.

#2 Darkbot

Reference thread:  This one.

Description:

A simple minded ague-by-assertion/argue-by-repetition troll that accuses myself and others of shilling/trolling with no proof.

#3 Fiendcoin

Reference thread: This one with quotes to other threads

Description:

A no-substance troll that essentially makes no real arguments.  Only attacks those that oppose Blockstream/Core.
edit:  seems to perhaps to be willing to have a conversation since this thread started.  Main arguments are
"core is the more experienced team" and "we should do segwit first just like Core roadmap says".

#4 Billy Bob Zorton

Reference example:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18710025

Description:  A somewhat comical, mildly annoying troll constantly argues by assertion and reptition.
Often refers to BU as an "alt coin" and says things like "We all know ______" and "Nobody supports
BU except ____"  

#5: Carlton Banks

(I had put Carlton on ignore so I don't have a reference but there are numerous)

Descripton:  A particularly snarky and mean spirit shilll with a pseudo-intellectual air.
Knows a few technical things.  Yet, like all shills, must resort to dishonest tactics
such as nitpicking a part of a post and responding only to that instead of discussing
the meat of the issues.  Also includes quite a number of ad-hominem attacks along
with his trolling.   
legendary
April 19, 2017, 09:11:36 PM
I am going to keep track of those that I personally feel are
trolling, shilling, fudding, and hurting the discussion of
Bitcoin here.

If you can recommend someone who belongs in the hall
of shame, post their username and a link to a reference.

This is a self moderated thread and I will delete any posts
that are trolling, shilling, fudding, and probably put you on
the list as well if you do that.
Pages:
Jump to: