Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Offline Wallet - page 2. (Read 343 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 638
February 02, 2023, 04:07:29 AM
I don't get exactly what you mean by this. Are you talking about a Bitcoin wallet that doesn't need to install on your desktop that works offline?
If yes, then a paper wallet is I think what you looking for because most Bitcoin wallet is software that you need to install on your desktop before you can able to use them.
What I mean is a wallet that is Android support and not desktop, but I can still go for the Desktop if it's safe and protective. I don't trust my PC that much since I came across the clipboard virus and how it works on this forum.
Unless you talking about apps from the Microsoft store? If I'm right then you can use Electrum or Armory(with Bitcoin core installed) or Bitcoin core they do all will work without internet.
Can you help drop a direct source link to either the Electrum or Armory let me try and download the wallet and create it.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
February 02, 2023, 12:36:17 AM
-snip-
because I want to transfer all of my bitcoin holdings from my trust wallet to a more secure wallet that has higher security.
If Air-Gap cold-storage setup isn't an option, you can consider 2FA Electrum which is categorically safe.
It requires a 2FA device which should be your phone with Authenticator app and (third-party) additional service fee for the 2FA service.
As long as you keep your seed phrase safe and generated it offline, your wallet will be safe even if the computer/wallet gets hacked.

For information and security reasons, you must read and follow the suggestion in Electrum's 2FA wallet setup wizard:

Image from: electrum.readthedocs.io/en/latest/2fa.html
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
February 02, 2023, 12:29:31 AM
Use a live Linux on a USB disk without network access and install Electrum on it with password protection.

1. Live Ubuntu on USB https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#1-overview
(You can do a full install too but it harder)
2. Download and verify Electrum
3. Unplug your modem, disconnect internet, Lan cable, etc.
4. Boot into the USB with the live Linux
5. Install Electrum
6. Generate a new wallet and write down the seed phrase
7. Send your funds to this cold storage.

Note: you can and should test this setup first and see if you can create it correctly and use it correctly too. You can test using testnet with some free coins and/or with a small amount of bitcoin in a small tx.
To spend from this you can to repeat most of the above steps specially if you didn't enable persistence on the disk. You can read more about cold storage on Electrum docs.
There is an old guide with more details here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diybitcoin-cold-wallet-usb-stick-creation-step-by-step-guide-853288
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 3011
BTC price road to $80k
February 01, 2023, 07:51:55 PM
I don't have any bitcoin wallets that haven't already been mentioned, and I'd like to know if it's possible to create a bitcoin-only wallet that doesn't require a desktop APP, works offline

I don't get exactly what you mean by this. Are you talking about a Bitcoin wallet that doesn't need to install on your desktop that works offline?
If yes, then a paper wallet is I think what you looking for because most Bitcoin wallet is software that you need to install on your desktop before you can able to use them.
Unless you talking about apps from the Microsoft store? If I'm right then you can use Electrum or Armory(with Bitcoin core installed) or Bitcoin core they do all will work without internet.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
February 01, 2023, 07:02:36 PM
Have you thought about airgapping (where you use another machine that stays indefinitely offline for storing and signing with keys and one online for broadcasting and building transactions)?

Aside from that, I'm not sure there's any other good way to do this without using a hardware wallet (it could be something you do while waiting for a hardware wallet though).
Activity: 602
Merit: 638
February 01, 2023, 06:57:56 PM
I have about four different multi-wallets that I created with Trust Wallet, SafePal, and Metamask; one is just for altcoins and other cryptos, and the other three are just for bitcoin. I don't have any bitcoin wallets that haven't already been mentioned, and I'd like to know if it's possible to create a bitcoin-only wallet that doesn't require a desktop APP, works offline (because Windows wasn't purchased from a trusted party), and can be protected by a passcode or password. because I want to transfer all of my bitcoin holdings from my trust wallet to a more secure wallet that has higher security.
Read-only paper and hardware wallets are the best, but getting my hands on a hardware wallet now won't be fast or easy because of my location. Every piece of advice and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Pages:
Jump to: