Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin only Businesses that reject all fiat - page 3. (Read 7020 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

I apologize. I completely knew about your company and let this one slip. It is now added.

www.operationfabulous.com

Operation Fabulous
Advertising platform

Needs a bit of work from testing but promising. Added and good luck.

Cry

Brawker shutdown and removed.
http://blog.brawker.com/
http://coinfire.io/2015/04/15/brawker-shuts-down/
....or maybe they really are just cashing out even though they don't accept fiat.

These are obviously mostly side projects where most have a day job paying the bills.
These days you can buy practically anything for Bitcoin directly so why do any of them need to cash out to fiat?

Example 1) I buy photography services which forces me to buy more bitcoin on an exchange because I refuse to dip into my savings, Abigail takes the bitcoin and buys some furniture on overstock with bitcoin , overstock cashes out 90% into fiat but saves 10% in bitcoin.

Example 2)I buy photography services which forces me to buy more bitcoin on an exchange because I refuse to dip into my savings, Abigail takes the bitcoin and notices another btc only business (possibly through this thread) and decides to spend her money there instead which keeps the btc in the ecosystem longer instead of cashing out to fiat.

The more clients do this and businesses trade amongst others doing this, the more it will strengthen our ecosystem.

But, does it really help forcing your buyer to do something they wouldn't normally do?
Or will it make them look for another shop which takes their fiat?

There are already thousands of shops that will sell you the goods and services in this directory. What these businesses are doing are offering a value added proposition to their clients. They are allowing agorists and conscientious consumers a choice to opt out of a corrupt system. To some of us this is a very important feature that we will gladly pay more for (although some of these goods and services are nicely priced) and be forced to buy more btc for. Some of us really don't like paying for drones that go around and murder children or funding our own surveillance state. We understand that while we are somewhat powerless under the current framework to make this choice we can limit our support with the principles of agorism. Bitcoin is a very useful tool for accomplishing this goal.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Samurai
I am interested in compiling a list of businesses that exclusively accept Bitcoin. Businesses that exclusively accept bitcoin are a value added asset to our community as they are more likely to not immediately cash out and any person doing business with them are incentivized to buy bitcoin first. These are the businesses we should value and support first and foremost as they are placing their trust completely in our ecosystem.

-snip-

That is the shitty part with merchants that accept - exclusively or not - Bitcoin.
They cash it out to fiat.
But that is completely understandable because even though they might pay their employees in BTC, they have suppliers that want cash.

Look at the list of products and services. Many do this as a side job and are unlikely to be getting much or any money from the less than 1 million bitcoin spenders. At this stage it is more likely they will save at least some of their BTC to recirculate or for investment purposes.

Additionally, if they are so bold to reject all fiat they are doing this for ideological reasons and thus more likely to retrade the BTC further improving our ecosystem. Of course some one down the line eventually will trade out most the btc for fiat but supporting these businesses is a way to reduce bleeding out into fiat and strengthen our ecosystem.

Additionally , any bitcoin only businesses often force the buyer to buy bitcoin to trade which also helps.   

But, does it really help forcing your buyer to do something they wouldn't normally do?
Or will it make them look for another shop which takes their fiat?

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
I am interested in compiling a list of businesses that exclusively accept Bitcoin. Businesses that exclusively accept bitcoin are a value added asset to our community as they are more likely to not immediately cash out and any person doing business with them are incentivized to buy bitcoin first. These are the businesses we should value and support first and foremost as they are placing their trust completely in our ecosystem.

-snip-

That is the shitty part with merchants that accept - exclusively or not - Bitcoin.
But that is completely understandable because even though they might pay their employees in BTC, they have suppliers that want cash.
They want nice, predictable numbers, too - probably because whoever's spearheading this wants to keep their job. You still get scolded in the business world if you make exponentially more money than you originally forecast because it probably means you didn't really know what you were doing while committing company resources to the project. Almost all enterprise software doing anything with cash forecasting over a span greater than a few months will factor in inflation, and while we don't have great models for something largely arbitrary, we're talking about differences of a few tenths of a percent YoY vs 50-5000% variances YoY. Even over the past few months, even though we're saying bitcoin's super-stable, it's still super-volatile compared to almost any national currency.

The risk appetite for BTC-only businesses is concerning in itself. Holding large percentages of reserves in BTC is dangerous, especially for resource-strapped startups.... but most of those on the list have survived quite possibly the most boring (thinking purely as a speculator) valleys in BTC history, which was preceded by a drawn-out, moderate decline in value. Maybe they have low transaction volume and keep a tiny inventory (it's a hobby), or maybe they just have tons of resources in reserve to draw from, or maybe they really are just cashing out even though they don't accept fiat.

-snip-

Look at the list of products and services. Many do this as a side job and are unlikely to be getting much or any money from the less than 1 million bitcoin spenders. At this stage it is more likely they will save at least some of their BTC to recirculate or for investment purposes.

Additionally, if they are so bold to reject all fiat they are doing this for ideological reasons and thus more likely to retrade the BTC further improving our ecosystem. Of course some one down the line eventually will trade out most the btc for fiat but supporting these businesses is a way to reduce bleeding out into fiat and strengthen our ecosystem.

Additionally , any bitcoin only businesses often force the buyer to buy bitcoin to trade which also helps.   
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Samurai

-snip-

Why exclude gambling sites?
All this site can add value to bitcoin.

I don't think we need a directory for gambling sites being that so many of them pay muppets to spam their business within this forum feeding off the impulsive and credulous.

Go ahead and create your own thread of gambling sites.

P.S... I believe gambling sites should exist without restrictions despite my disfavor for them.
Here is your directory- https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade#Gambling
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
This is an interesting list.

I didn't know that there were BTC accepting ONLY businesses.

I heard of businesses accepting BTC as well, but not only BTC.

Thanks for the list  Cheesy
Merit: 500

I think it's to look for more practical purposes of Bitcoin. Gambling can be fun, but it's not practical.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
This initiative is amazing! I love your list, but can I have small little request? Could you please add a small description to each link i.e.: "online electronic and hardware shop", because list is quite large and I don't want to click on every link to see what they are offering.

Good idea ... Your wish is granted sir.
That is very nice of you that you agreed with my idea and added short decryption to addresses of these sites. That ist look very simple and helpful. Thanks. Now I know that I might avoid clicking on that sex toys shop.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
Well you might want to add ---> https://bitcoingeneralstore.com/ - A general store ........ And you can use
http://bitbrew.net/ for your coffee needs  Grin

And for the best jewelry ....go to ---> http://olga-star.com/

A shoutout goes to RCHumprey for the top two...  Wink .... The owner and a big supporter of Crypto Currencies.  Wink I agree... let's support the community.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
no longer selling accounts
Bitmain actually accepts paypal and amazon dollars (via it's amazon store). They even accept bank wires via their bitmaintech website.

Purse.io is really an exchange where people trade amazon dollars for bitcoin, so IMO they are only a little different then say coinbase or bitstamp.

It really makes little sense for a business to only accept bitcoin as payment for their services/goods because it causes too many potential customers to be unable to purchase from them. The most ideal solution for businesses would be to accept bitcoin and offer a discount in exchange for paying in bitcoin, or charging a premium for paying in fiat.

This initiative is amazing! I love your list, but can I have small little request? Could you please add a small description to each link i.e.: "online electronic and hardware shop", because list is quite large and I don't want to click on every link to see what they are offering.

I think you might remove HighKart.com from your list. There is no update on their site for long and they are now probably involved in a cloud mining ponzi BestCloudMine.com as they are openly advertising on their site. Moreover, they were probably never a bitcoin 'only' site. Their prices are in FIAT and they accepted FIAT as well. Bitcoin was just an option like Gyft.

You are correct, and their SSL cert is untrusted , and their shopping cart is broken... Removed. thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

I think you might remove HighKart.com from your list. There is no update on their site for long and they are now probably involved in a cloud mining ponzi BestCloudMine.com as they are openly advertising on their site. Moreover, they were probably never a bitcoin 'only' site. Their prices are in FIAT and they accepted FIAT as well. Bitcoin was just an option like Gyft.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
the Alarm clock on Pesobang's front page looks pretty wicked if anyone wants to buy it for me Smiley
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Yes you may have " error etablishing database " sometimes, it's because our web hosting has moved us to an other database server which slows our website... We will work on that to find a solution and improve the navigation on our website. If you encounter this problem, just refresh the page and it should be good.
Pages:
Jump to: