Author

Topic: Bitcoin or Gold? What would you pick? - page 114. (Read 298970 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
November 12, 2015, 09:15:19 AM
Well I would pick BTC because I am new an curious.

I want to know about BTC more.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
November 12, 2015, 05:33:49 AM
I will choose for BTC.

Because of online purchase and is cheaper sending money.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
November 12, 2015, 05:22:16 AM
I've started using Vaultoro. I find it very good. You can trade BTC for Gold directly and viceversa. It is very handy. No fees on BTC storage while there's a very small fee on gold storage.
And, by the way, don't forget the classics: gold coins! I love those... Grin
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
November 12, 2015, 05:03:46 AM
I'll pick BitGold!

I'm not sure if that site is legit though, there are several accusations of scam over it. I would definitely want to get my hands on some precious metals.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
November 12, 2015, 05:01:20 AM
I'd pick Bitcoin definitely. I'd pick it because I think Bitcoin is something from the future and gold is something from the past.

And to the people who brings up the issue of Bitcoin's volatility I'd propose to take a look at the picture below.

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
November 12, 2015, 04:59:39 AM
at this momenth i will choose bitcoin
[/quote
Not for this month only dude. Bitcoin most valuable one then gold So suggest you to with Bitcoin completely and this month value also little low. just save your Bitcoin for some month and see its value. you feel good
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
November 12, 2015, 04:32:23 AM
I'd pick bitcoin, I see a bigger future in bitcoin than gold

then again, gold has been around for forever

And it only has been used in the past 5000 years.

Humanity is over 1 million years old, and gold is only used for 5000 years, so it's only a small portion of human history.

There were gold chunks back then too that could been easily mined, but people just didnt cared about it.
Activity: 350
November 12, 2015, 04:14:38 AM
I'd pick bitcoin, I see a bigger future in bitcoin than gold

then again, gold has been around for forever
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
November 12, 2015, 01:17:10 AM

For investment there is no time but all investments will come with risks so it is better diversify your investments to reduce risks. Bitcoin prices at the movement very volatile so I think better option is split your investments and buy both. I regularly buy both and so for made good profits from both.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
November 12, 2015, 12:26:04 AM

you say that now cause its at 300ish right? lol.

Honestly, I do both gold and bitcoin. Gold to be safe, and then bitcoin as just more of a hedge if it does rise $400 or up if we get there..  Cheesy
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
November 11, 2015, 11:59:13 PM
Activity: 364
November 11, 2015, 10:18:54 PM
i would definitely pick bitcoin. if we look at the long run both will increase in price, but bitcoins price increase is expected to be alot higher and in the short run gold barely changes in price while people still make money trading btc daily.
Activity: 473
November 11, 2015, 09:52:09 PM
To protect against any economic crash the best option would be to Hold bith gold and Bitcoin. At least I'm trying to hold a little bit of both.

Yes it is a good suggestion. Gold always very safe investment for long term point of view and it moves very slow and very easily you can liquidate your gold when ever you want and Bitcoin is still new and prices are very fast moving so you can make some profits in short term but also you can lose more money is short term because of high volatility.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
November 11, 2015, 01:33:11 PM
i would like to pick bitcoin
bitcoin is more easy to carry with no worry about being robbed like we carry on gold
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
November 10, 2015, 03:26:41 PM
Platinum is classed as an industrial metal mostly used in catalytic converters, if the market crashes car sales will slump bring down platinum price.

Yes... metals such as Platinum, Sliver, and Palladium are also used for industrial purposes. And they are very volatile as well, when compared to gold. But what I have noticed from the past 10 years or so is that, the price of these metals go up, when the gold prices surge. And the rate of increase is normally greater than that with the gold.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
November 10, 2015, 03:19:39 PM
To protect against any economic crash the best option would be to Hold bith gold and Bitcoin. At least I'm trying to hold a little bit of both.

Gold is not the only option to protect yourself from a market crash. There is platinum, silver, and other bullion metals. Then there is real estate (apartments, villas, farmland, ranches.etc). Another option is treasury bonds, with fixed interest rate. And finally, you can add Bitcoin as one of the options, although right now it is a bit too volatile for that. 

Platinum is classed as an industrial metal mostly used in catalytic converters, if the market crashes car sales will slump bring down platinum price.

You also have to consider liquidity which metals like rhodium etc. suffer from.

Gold/silver are highly liquid and can be bought in small quantities so a cheap entry point.

Real estate etc. is a good bet but entry price is very high.

Treasury bond - personally I don't trust the government/banks with my money, especially in large amounts.

Bitcoin has great potential but still highly volatile and I wouldn't bet my retirement fund on it.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
November 10, 2015, 03:03:26 PM

Gold is not the only option to protect yourself from a market crash. There is platinum, silver, and other bullion metals. Then there is real estate (apartments, villas, farmland, ranches.etc). Another option is treasury bonds, with fixed interest rate. And finally, you can add Bitcoin as one of the options, although right now it is a bit too volatile for that. 
Activity: 616
Merit: 603
November 10, 2015, 10:59:07 AM
I would pick both of them. Gold is considered as a precious form of jewellery which can be worn on various occasions, I'd love to wear a Gold plated Bitcoin pendant chain xD. I prefer Bitcoins for very small short term payments and also as a form of a long term investment. Bitcoins have more liquidity than gold does, as I'd still have to sell my gold and have them converted into cash to buy something.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
November 10, 2015, 09:55:56 AM
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
November 10, 2015, 08:33:31 AM
Well I am starting learning waht is Bitcoin. So for now I will choose gold.

But I know that BTC is cheaper if you send money, but i find it difficult the BTC.
Jump to: