Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin or Gold? What would you pick? - page 33. (Read 298970 times)

Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
August 13, 2016, 11:02:52 PM
Its a good time to short gold right now. Short time at least. Bitcoin still has a lot of potential.

For short time, bitcoin has more potential than gold. Because the bitcoin's price can easily goes up and down and you can easily earn bitcoin for investment. Gold is for long run imo.
I agree, gold is for long term just keep it and after a year or so then you will notice the changes of value. in bitcoin you can earn through it currently you dont have to wait because it has many ways to earn.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
August 13, 2016, 10:49:49 PM
Its a good time to short gold right now. Short time at least. Bitcoin still has a lot of potential.

For short time, bitcoin has more potential than gold. Because the bitcoin's price can easily goes up and down and you can easily earn bitcoin for investment. Gold is for long run imo.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
August 13, 2016, 02:47:42 PM
yeah bitcoin is going to grow a lot in the near future, in my opinion the price is going to become huge, it would be really cool to be honest though anything might happen

Yes the price of bitcoin will be much higher in future so I think this is the best time to invest money in bitcoin as it has potential to give better profits in compare to gold.

don't be so sure. Bitcoin could be worth near 0 in 5-10 years. Who knows what is going to happen. It's not very likely but you always have to keep that in mind.

If investing would be that easy everybody would be rich.

People who are rich are only rich because they took higher risk by investing in right product at right time and at a moment we can afford to take that risk by investing in bitcoins.
Activity: 448
Merit: 256
August 13, 2016, 02:22:40 PM
yeah bitcoin is going to grow a lot in the near future, in my opinion the price is going to become huge, it would be really cool to be honest though anything might happen

Yes the price of bitcoin will be much higher in future so I think this is the best time to invest money in bitcoin as it has potential to give better profits in compare to gold.

don't be so sure. Bitcoin could be worth near 0 in 5-10 years. Who knows what is going to happen. It's not very likely but you always have to keep that in mind.

If investing would be that easy everybody would be rich.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1102
August 13, 2016, 11:56:08 AM

Activity: 462
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 13, 2016, 05:35:15 AM
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
August 13, 2016, 05:32:42 AM
But they are still rich as fuck. On the other hand, the new money doesn't seem to be much interested in Bitcoin either. I can't recall that Elon Musk or Larry Page would be buying shitloads of bitcoins or just investing their resources into further developing this technology...

I assume you won't say that these guys "are years behind on technology and everything that comes with it"

These people are indeed successfully into tech, but as I pointed out in my previous post, I was talking about the type of investors as Warrent Buffet and Mr Soros. And yes, they are rich in the billions, however, do you still think that when a new Warren Buffet stands up, he is able to make as much money as what Mr Buffet did if he does it exactly in the same style? I don't think it will work out as well as it used to do as the world has been changing significantly.

I got your point (you are talking about speculators and profiteers), but young and ambitious vultures of Wall Street don't seem to be particularly interested in Bitcoin either. I have only heard about the Winklevoss twins who are said to be engaged in some Bitcoin enterprises and start-ups as venture capitalists (i.e. provide financing)...

Not much by any means

Well, does anyone still take the Winklevoss brothers serious? They had great plans in mind for their exchange Gemini. They even called it 'The Nasdaq Of Bitcoin'. Their main purpose was to open the doors for institutional type of investors. So far it has been quite a disappointment.

I'm not following them, so I don't know if they succeeded or not. But it seems that they didn't, and that had to be expected. Without the true mass adoption of Bitcoin as a means of payment when it finally becomes what it was intended for (if that ever happens at all, which is doubtful), no one of the big guns out there is going to put even a dime into it...

The Wall Street types are anything but fools
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
August 12, 2016, 08:36:48 PM
But they are still rich as fuck. On the other hand, the new money doesn't seem to be much interested in Bitcoin either. I can't recall that Elon Musk or Larry Page would be buying shitloads of bitcoins or just investing their resources into further developing this technology...

I assume you won't say that these guys "are years behind on technology and everything that comes with it"

These people are indeed successfully into tech, but as I pointed out in my previous post, I was talking about the type of investors as Warrent Buffet and Mr Soros. And yes, they are rich in the billions, however, do you still think that when a new Warren Buffet stands up, he is able to make as much money as what Mr Buffet did if he does it exactly in the same style? I don't think it will work out as well as it used to do as the world has been changing significantly.

I got your point (you are talking about speculators and profiteers), but young and ambitious vultures of Wall Street don't seem to be particularly interested in Bitcoin either. I have only heard about the Winklevoss twins who are said to be engaged in some Bitcoin enterprises and start-ups as venture capitalists (i.e. provide financing)...

Not much by any means

Well, does anyone still take the Winklevoss brothers serious? They had great plans in mind for their exchange Gemini. They even called it 'The Nasdaq Of Bitcoin'. Their main purpose was to open the doors for institutional type of investors. So far it has been quite a disappointment.
legendary
August 12, 2016, 06:02:41 PM

Not much by any means
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
August 12, 2016, 05:01:25 PM
in longterm and saving iam chose GOLD
in day earn profit iam chose bitcoin
You hit the point mate, and also Gold is for rich people that can only afford to invest while in bitcoin even you are poor and you know how to access bitcoin you can able to earn without investment that is why i choose bitcoin for those people who can not afford to invest.
Bitcoin is both for the poor and rich people because in making money we have the same chances regardless of our status in life. If we are just poor now, we need to embrace it and make the necessary method to be rich, we need to work and invest at the same so when we become rich we can also invest with gold.

Which rich people are actually interested in Bitcoin? Warren Buffet, or maybe, George Soros? I've never heard a word from them in favor of Bitcoin...

But maybe they are too old and simply can't fathom the opportunity?

The people you name up are too old fashion to get interested in something as Bitcoin. While the world is changing towards a digital totality, these investors are still years behind on technology and everything that comes with it. They are too fixated on their side of the economy that things as Bitcoin don't even make it to their list of interesting investment options.

legendary
August 12, 2016, 04:17:33 PM
definitely bitcoin over gold, bitcoin is basically the best currency that is possible at the moment so i think everyone should be using it all the time

After the recent price dumb I am pretty happy to hold both bitcoin and hold. Looking on year to date performance bitcoins are still up over gold.

if you look at it from a trading perspektiv most people have leverage position on Gold, while Bitcoin positions are often without leverage / low leverage.

Not talking about physical Gold ofc.

Gold futures (which you obviously mean here) can be settled with actual delivery of the same physical gold with the only difference being the date of the delivery set in the future (in comparison with purchasing gold over-the-counter)...

You just pay the balance of the contract price on the contract delivery date and take the delivery of the metal
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
August 12, 2016, 04:03:28 PM

How so? If I look at the price charts of Gold nothing really interesting happened that might give people an indication that it is time to cash out. No bad news nothing...
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
August 12, 2016, 03:32:57 PM
Activity: 448
Merit: 256
August 12, 2016, 03:28:42 PM
definitely bitcoin over gold, bitcoin is basically the best currency that is possible at the moment so i think everyone should be using it all the time

After the recent price dumb I am pretty happy to hold both bitcoin and hold. Looking on year to date performance bitcoins are still up over gold.

if you look at it from a trading perspektiv most people have leverage position on Gold, while Bitcoin positions are often without leverage / low leverage.

Not talking about physical Gold ofc.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
August 12, 2016, 01:47:27 PM

legendary
August 12, 2016, 01:42:09 PM
Bingo! You just hit the jack-pot. This is exactly the point that I was trying to convey only a few posts earlier

that makes sense. however, this also means that other (wall street level) traders will most likely skip bitcoin as investment tool, which is quite sad as these people have the wealth to move this market to reach prices we have never seen before.

Let's assume, for a moment, that some high-profile trader bought half of all bitcoins currently traded. Evidently, he buys bitcoins only to sell them later at a higher price, i.e. to book profits. Now there is only half of the coins being traded, and the price expectedly spikes to new heights. Long-term Bitcoin holders happily cash out and the price drops back. And what is that Wall Street trader left with?

If he tries to close his position, this inevitably causes the price to crash below the point he bought at, and he is left with losses

early adopters, or whatever you like to call them, will indeed be a point of attention for any large investor looking to park a good portion of their money into bitcoin. that's assuming bitcoin stays in its current (small) form. if it somehow gets a playing field for plenty of institutional traders, just like how stocks are, then even the early adopters will run out of coins as the demand by these wealthy entities far exceeds the selling pressure coming from early adopters. maybe a far fetched comparison, but look at what happened with the apple stock

You don't get it. First, stocks have real companies behind them producing real goods and providing real services which are chosen and favored by consumers (e.g. Apple stock). Bitcoin could potentially fit here as well as a payment system, but it is simply not the case so far, therefore such an option should be discarded. Second, and most important in this discussion, trading is essentially about passing a hot potato, i.e. the one who is left holding it is the one who loses. The Wall Street types ("the wolves of Wall Street", lol) play this game all their life, and they are pretty much aware who is to lose here. The one who is left standing with most bitcoins when Bitcoin fails in the end...

In short, they won't play since the reward is too small but the risk is too high
legendary
Activity: 896
August 12, 2016, 01:27:17 PM
Bingo! You just hit the jack-pot. This is exactly the point that I was trying to convey only a few posts earlier

that makes sense. however, this also means that other (wall street level) traders will most likely skip bitcoin as investment tool, which is quite sad as these people have the wealth to move this market to reach prices we have never seen before.

Let's assume, for a moment, that some high-profile trader bought half of all bitcoins currently traded. Evidently, he buys bitcoins only to sell them later at a higher price, i.e. to book profits. Now there is only half of the coins being traded, and the price expectedly spikes to new heights. Long-term Bitcoin holders happily cash out and the price drops back. And what is that Wall Street trader left with?

If he tries to close his position, this inevitably causes the price to crash below the point he bought at, and he is left with losses

early adopters, or whatever you like to call them, will indeed be a point of attention for any large investor looking to park a good portion of their money into bitcoin. that's assuming bitcoin stays in its current (small) form. if it somehow gets a playing field for plenty of institutional traders, just like how stocks are, then even the early adopters will run out of coins as the demand by these wealthy entities far exceeds the selling pressure coming from early adopters. maybe a far fetched comparison, but look at what happened with the apple stock.
legendary
August 12, 2016, 01:11:38 PM

Activity: 223
August 12, 2016, 12:59:41 PM
legendary
Activity: 896
August 12, 2016, 12:57:45 PM
I'm singularly curious how they could "maximize" their money efficiently with bitcoins. Buy all mined and currently traded coins? And what's next? Just buy a few thousand bitcoins, sell them later and gain a few thousand dollars in profits? Would it be worth the effort given the scale of their operations (billions of dollars, just in case)?

These are all rhetorical questions, for the sake of clearing up things a little bit
Maybe maximizing is through trading and investing in a short period of time. But that would only happen if your investment will have a positive outcome and if not then you accept the loses. That's how it goes in trading right?

And how much Soros would earn speculating in bitcoins, lol? In real life, though, Soros is playing with gold. Anyway you might look at this, but he has made his choice...

So what are you waiting for?

that doest mean gold is a better choice for everyone... Soro is a big fish and crypto doesnt have enough liquidity to deal with him

Pages:
Jump to: