Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin or Gold? What would you pick? - page 89. (Read 298971 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
February 20, 2016, 10:35:26 AM

Gold will work, of course, as a Store of Value as long as you do not have to board the plane with it.

US resident citizens can always choose platinum if worried about the TSA upon exit or a general gold confiscation (unlikely IMO, but possible).  Silver of course would be free of that confiscation threat, but it is bulky. 

Or saffron?  (Worth more than its weight in gold I have read)

Sorry I think this is ill informed advice. Any thing of value will be confiscated at transportation hubs, borders, checkpoints, routine inspections by police, etc..

And I am not convinced it will hold its value.

Either we move too far into a Dark Age, and gold loses its value relative to food. Remember Armstrong has explained why this happens throughout history of man.

Or we move to the Knowledge Age and gold loses its value relative to the crypto currency I am creating.

Or maybe both!
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
February 20, 2016, 10:20:39 AM

no one knows about the future, no one guarantees, bitcoin prices will be higher in the future, and we do not know bitcoin will live for a long time or not. in contrast to gold. we already know the history of gold, already many centuries ago of gold was worth, the better gold

If you are going to live 5000 years - yes, you will benefit from gold

If you want to see gain (or dramatic loss) - BTCs are your choice

Gold is up 17% this year already.  I think the 5000 years is not needed.

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
February 20, 2016, 10:15:55 AM
i would most definitely pick bitcoin instead of gold, i think bitcoin technology is really good and has a bright future

no one knows about the future, no one guarantees, bitcoin prices will be higher in the future, and we do not know bitcoin will live for a long time or not. in contrast to gold. we already know the history of gold, already many centuries ago of gold was worth, the better gold

Yeah gold can be more powerful then bitcoin in future, as gold is more mature and into existence since many years, while bitcoin is a new technology, so not sure how long it will survive.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 20, 2016, 04:21:20 AM

If you are going to live 5000 years - yes, you will benefit from gold

If you want to see gain (or dramatic loss) - BTCs are your choice

Activity: 532
February 20, 2016, 03:41:56 AM
i would most definitely pick bitcoin instead of gold, i think bitcoin technology is really good and has a bright future

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 19, 2016, 05:48:03 PM
I don't think extremes are good. A bit of both would be smarter in my opinion.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
February 19, 2016, 05:12:37 PM
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
February 19, 2016, 02:06:55 PM
I like them both. But everyone has their own choice. Some people like Bitcoin and some people like Gold. It depends on person.
Bitcoin is so good. I like Bitcoin more than gold. But gold is also good. Bitcoin can you make some money.

Same here, i also pick both. Gold for long-term investment and bitcoin for short-term, and also i prefer bitcoin for online things like gambling, because gold can't used for gambling.
you are right, the most good choice is to choose both. because the price of gold is always a steady but very difficult to make it grow, while bitcoin prices are not stable but easy to make it grow
Activity: 406
February 19, 2016, 12:50:17 PM
I like them both. But everyone has their own choice. Some people like Bitcoin and some people like Gold. It depends on person.
Bitcoin is so good. I like Bitcoin more than gold. But gold is also good. Bitcoin can you make some money.

Same here, i also pick both. Gold for long-term investment and bitcoin for short-term, and also i prefer bitcoin for online things like gambling, because gold can't used for gambling.
February 19, 2016, 11:13:54 AM
Activity: 546
February 19, 2016, 11:10:03 AM
Activity: 560
February 19, 2016, 03:24:29 AM
Yeah but if you can't sell until the good times come again, the price will probably be much lower than it is now (especially considering the opportunity cost of how long it has been buried). Because gold rises when the bad times start. Then if the bad times get too bad, then gold gets buried in the ground and we switch to food as money.
Why do you think gold will be prohibited?
If so price on black market will be very high.
In every major crisis till today gold was life saver, i know much about this from stories told by my ancestors..
Activity: 280
February 18, 2016, 04:59:56 PM
I would pick gold because you can always get money for gold.
If you invest in the bitcoin is good for the future but if it will collapse in a long term you will lose a lot of money, with gold this is not the point.
February 18, 2016, 11:50:34 AM
Pretty sure Gold wont be banned in my country.

All the countries are coming under the umbrella of the G20 power, which have agreed to harmonize enforcement starting in 2017.

There will be no place to run and no place to hide.

You continue your delusion at your own peril.
You don't need to show them what do you have in your pockets.
Always be prepared and keep small portions of your goods hidden for a bad times.

Yeah but if you can't sell until the good times come again, the price will probably be much lower than it is now (especially considering the opportunity cost of how long it has been buried). Because gold rises when the bad times start. Then if the bad times get too bad, then gold gets buried in the ground and we switch to food as money.

I don't have qualms with holding perhaps up to 5% of net worth in physical gold and silver coins buried some where. But to expect to be able to trade it at a profit for anything on a routine basis in bad times is delusion, if the government decides to make gold trading illegal.

We are headed into a digital money future. The government will track everything. So just forget being able to store a lot of wealth and hang on to it. The government is going to tax everything until they have taken all of our wealth during the crazy period of 2017 - 2032.

Spend more time enjoying life while you still can, and less time counting your money which will soon grow wings and fly away.
Activity: 560
February 18, 2016, 10:49:44 AM
Pretty sure Gold wont be banned in my country.

All the countries are coming under the umbrella of the G20 power, which have agreed to harmonize enforcement starting in 2017.

There will be no place to run and no place to hide.

You continue your delusion at your own peril.
You don't need to show them what do you have in your pockets.
Always be prepared and keep small portions of your goods hidden for a bad times.
Activity: 490
February 18, 2016, 09:15:22 AM
If i had the money, i would probably pick a little bit of both.
different from me. if I had more money, I would buy a bitcoin with all the money that I had. bitcoin is more potential than gold, bitcoin prices will rise higher than gold
Activity: 448
Merit: 256
February 18, 2016, 08:24:47 AM

why not both? Buy Bitcoins and go long on CFD Gold with them.. Wink
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
February 18, 2016, 07:01:56 AM
Activity: 350
February 18, 2016, 06:42:49 AM
Bitcoin or Gold ? I like them both. But with gold I save them. And Bitcoin must I spend and buy it. Bitcoin is invest. Gold is save.
That is my opinion. But I think that it will be a good mix if you have them both. But Bitcoin can be more worth I think.
Yeah both is good but dont forget if the dollar strengthened. The second is of course the price of both commodities will decline, you know it ?
February 18, 2016, 06:37:07 AM
Go with both.
However if you wanna be  very flexible and quick in leaving when shit hits the fan(economy down, bail ins, dictatorship,gold gets mostly banned, cash only exist in small bills,) Bitcoin will have some advantages compared to gold.
Let's say you want to migrate to another country in oversea somewhere, hiding gold in your luggage would be a bad option if you own a bit more of it.The same goes for cash.So Bitcoin would be the right choice here.

Won't help you as they will ban Bitcoin to fiat transactions. And maybe even ban Bitcoin transactions that don't include a KYC id. The Chinese miners already control 65% of Bitcoin's mining. China can dictate the protocol. China has vetoed any block size increase so they already proved they are in control of Bitcon.

I explained in my video why you can't fork away from that. Impossible.

The end is near. You fools are trapped.

There is no solution.

Weep.
Pages:
Jump to: