Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin ponzi Mycoin in China goes bust!~ 500 mil.$ lost. Prepare for a crash! - page 6. (Read 5853 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
"Mycoin.hk", a bitcoin thing in Hong Kong, apparenly closed without warning and owners disappeared with all clients coins.  Losses seem to be about 3 billion yuan, or 500 million USD -- on the same level as the MtGOX collapse.

The nature of mycoin.hk's business was not clear.  It apparently involved mining, and perhaps some Ponzi-like scheme.  I could not tell whether it also worked as a live exchange.

Article in Chinese:
http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/news/art/20150208/19034053

Google translation:
WASHINGTON virtual currency Bitcoin (Bitcoin) once touted, Hong Kong discovered bust incident involving three billion yuan. Legislative Councillor Leung Yiu-chung received nearly ten investors in Bitcoin for help, said the suspect was a bit currency trading scams and storage platform, the largest loss of over $ 10 million estimate amounted to 30 the number of people affected, involving an amount or up to three billion yuan, victims today collective police. […]

EDIT: See also the reddit thread.  One comment in there claims that the report is incorrect.

If this turns out to be true then China or the PBOC will probably ban Bitcoin in China once and forever. With all the chinese money disappearing Bitcoin will probably crash to ~50$ according to financial bitcoin experts.  Sad Embarrassed

500 US$ million is more than 2 BTC million at actual price. I remember MtGox scammed only 850k BTC but at the price of the time it was 450 US$ million so quite similar in value. Not sure how to rate impact since MtGox affected more adopters than this Hong Kongese 'exchange' (it apparently affected only 30 people).

30 people with over 10 mil each lost but I am sure there are MANY others Smiley

Bitstamp is losing its bank account, another exchange "hacked"...bad news for BTC
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!
"Mycoin.hk", a bitcoin thing in Hong Kong, apparenly closed without warning and owners disappeared with all clients coins.  Losses seem to be about 3 billion yuan, or 500 million USD -- on the same level as the MtGOX collapse.

The nature of mycoin.hk's business was not clear.  It apparently involved mining, and perhaps some Ponzi-like scheme.  I could not tell whether it also worked as a live exchange.

Article in Chinese:

Google translation:
WASHINGTON virtual currency Bitcoin (Bitcoin) once touted, Hong Kong discovered bust incident involving three billion yuan. Legislative Councillor Leung Yiu-chung received nearly ten investors in Bitcoin for help, said the suspect was a bit currency trading scams and storage platform, the largest loss of over $ 10 million estimate amounted to 30 the number of people affected, involving an amount or up to three billion yuan, victims today collective police. […]

EDIT: See also the reddit thread.  One comment in there claims that the report is incorrect.

If this turns out to be true then China or the PBOC will probably ban Bitcoin in China once and forever. With all the chinese money disappearing Bitcoin will probably crash to ~50$ according to financial bitcoin experts.  Sad Embarrassed

500 US$ million is more than 2 BTC million at actual price. I remember MtGox scammed only 850k BTC but at the price of the time it was 450 US$ million so quite similar in value. Not sure how to rate impact since MtGox affected more adopters than this Hong Kongese 'exchange' (it apparently affected only 30 people).
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
oh NO!! China ban Bitcoin!! Sell, sell, sell!!! Fonzie is right:

http://imgur.com/a/KDwtE

...btw nobody banned USD when the Maddoff ponzi collapsed  Cheesy
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
an exchange no one has heard of has 500 million of the 3 billion dollar market cap

someone ban the troll / scamming OP for posting this shit
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
In the past several Hong Kong exchanges have run away with costomer funds  (GBL, 796, mycoin, ANX.....),
basicaly anyone dealing with a hong kong registered exchange deserves to get goxed
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
site seems up atm:

https://www.mycoin.hk/

Hope it's a false alarm...
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
Lel , only difference between Mtgox and those I guess that those people are dumb . How they can simply dissapear with the money and hope they won't get catched . even if the goverment have no proof or evidence that those people own the Bitcoins  they should be afraid . They had to play it smart , even smarter then "We got hacked , bye bye " .

~ Madness
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Can't believe this happens again.. Hopefully the report is fake.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Article in Chinese:

Google translation:

Pages:
Jump to: