Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Prepaid card - page 2. (Read 13279 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
September 30, 2013, 10:02:41 PM
Out of curiosity (i'm a bit too lazy to check myself) say theoretically I got my card (say, loaded with 3 BTC) when Bitcoin was priced at $100 but before I spent any of the card's balance the price increased to $200. Do I get $600 worth of purchasing power or $300?

If I got the full $600, then I'd totally use it and it would be the most legit thing ever. Otherwise, its still marginally useful, except its really inferior (assuming you want exposure to BTC) than just paying with a credit card and then just using something like coinbase to load my checking account when the next bill is due.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS
September 30, 2013, 06:31:02 AM
Yes I think that it is a great idea to spread btc Smiley
And the fees seems kinda low, so yes I would buy it prolly.
Activity: 158
DumBlinDeaf
September 30, 2013, 03:46:31 AM
Hi ronimacarroni

Actually you can use this everywhere, you see a mastercard sign. I even used a prepaid
to get money from the ATM, paid on kickstarter.com and even paid in a regular store using my
prepaid cards pincode.

Hmmmm though I have to stress that there are some entities that don't let you pay with an
prepaid card, but they are LAME and scarce.

Activity: 140
September 29, 2013, 06:48:14 PM
I voted maybe cause there is no place i could use it in that I can think of.
DumBlinDeaf
September 29, 2013, 06:19:54 PM
Thanks both Stevedekorte, msc and the voters,

I'm sorry but the website I gave a link to was just an example how sucha card would look like.

Here's the most reasonable set up, that we might consider for the future
- Only €10 per year card fee / 3 year contract
- Free online and offline shopping
- Fixed €1.80 local and foreign ATM transaction fee
- Fixed 2.49% foreign exchange rate (if you have an euro account, but buy in dollars)

For some this might be a disadvantage, but if you would like sucha card, you would have to
register yourself. But something like this would open up the door for Bitcoiners to take cash
from ATMs and pay in stores without even mentioning Bitcoins. Keep in mind this would
be a prepaid card, you have to upload Bitcoins to your online wallet first.

I'm not trying to push Bitcoins in the backgrounds here, but I would be fun if like 10000
Bitcoiners had this card, paid for things with it for a whole year. If you would then ask somebody
if they know what Bitcoins are and they said no, you could answer with a smile that you have
been paying them for the past year with Bitcoins. 50 Bitcoins ATMs is nothing, Bitcoin needs to
be on prepaid card, because they can be used worldwide.

Msc Yes, it would be fully registered under US or UK law, we respect the law.
I'll try to find a way to get this done...

I hope this sparks exchanges and everybody who is involved with Bitcoins to also start offering this
service. It will make Bitcoin invisible, but who wants to know anything about money, people just want to
pay and get paid for stuff. 
msc
Activity: 282
Merit: 250
September 29, 2013, 03:54:16 PM
Yes, but not if it had that stock photo and speech bubble on it's site.
She's cute, though.  I'd buy anything from her.

Would you buy a Bitcoin prepaid mastercard
Yes, if it's fully registered under US or UK law so that the funds are safe.  I'd be wary of fees, though.  I wouldn't mind a small monthly fee if it's necessary, and of course normal ATM fees, but I wouldn't want to pay a transaction fee for purchases.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 29, 2013, 03:45:53 PM
Yes, but not if it had that stock photo and speech bubble on it's site.
DumBlinDeaf
September 29, 2013, 08:52:02 AM
Would you use something like? :
http://www.dbcardservice.com/en/

The road of Bitcoins to conquer the world might take long
if we would only use Bitcoin ATMs and exchanges, since not everybody understands
exchanges and our ATMs are not worldwide available maybe we got other options.

Roll Eyes

Would you buy a Bitcoin prepaid mastercard of 10 euro p/j
with an 3 year contract? If so please leave a comment below

Thanks for reading
Pages:
Jump to: