Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin price and January - page 2. (Read 398 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
January 07, 2019, 10:22:44 AM
The thing about bitcoin is that price doesn't always do the same thing.

For example there is no reason to believe that bitcoin will go down like 2015 did when the price didn't actually went up in December like it did last year. Why would you think that bitcoin price will go down due to Chinese new year like some years ago it did while you do not think the price should have gone up during December ? That is just one example, it just shows you that bitcoin could do anything at any month but previously happened stuff doesn't reflect on what will happen in the future.

Could bitcoin go as low as 3000? It could go even lower, who knows. However it is just not certain, it could very well go above 5000 as well, both are as possible as it gets equally so we just need to focus on ahead and see what waits for us instead of looking back and seeing what could happen.
Activity: 434
Merit: 4
January 07, 2019, 05:54:44 AM
In the bitcoin chart since 2009, there is undoubtedly a downward trend in the price at the beginning of the year and what this is due to is difficult to say. The main reason I see a gradual growth of bitcoin during the year and fixing the profit of players at the end of the year.
Last year did not show us the profit and logically January 2019 should not be similar to previous years when the price was falling. I expect the price of bitcoin to rise to the level of $ 5,000 before the key event-the decision on the Bakkt platform.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
January 07, 2019, 04:06:03 AM
This is obviously a bear market, so regardless of any fundamental reasons we should be prepared for another test of $3K and maybe lower. In the mid term, I'm looking for this bull trap to end higher ($5K-$5,500 is my guess) but I have a feeling we'll get a taste of the $2,000s before the bottom is in.

There's something else to take into consideration. Something that may have an impact or not (I expect at least a short-term impact) : it's the launch of Bakkt in 24 January.
So this January may look way different from last year's, at least until Bakkt is launched. And yes, this could bring $5K+; and this could even make the $2k prediction not happen (although I wouldn't bet too much on that).
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
January 07, 2019, 03:44:53 AM
Hi folks,

It will probably not be a very popular thread but I'll go for it.

We noticed several times now that Bitcoin has a strange tendancy to go down in January, pretty much every year. It was definitely the case in 2018 (happy new year by the way).

Not necessarily. When I look at the monthly candle chart, I see that January was a green candle in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. The last several years have been red candles, but it might just be a coincidence.

I know many don't want to hear that but just curious, it could very well happen again. Some say this is due to Chinese new year (people cashing out to buy again in March or April). I am not sure but I am curious if it happens again this year, we could go back to a price near $3000 per coin.

Just some thoughts, perhaps some of you are anticipating such trend again.

This is obviously a bear market, so regardless of any fundamental reasons we should be prepared for another test of $3K and maybe lower. In the mid term, I'm looking for this bull trap to end higher ($5K-$5,500 is my guess) but I have a feeling we'll get a taste of the $2,000s before the bottom is in.
Activity: 322
Merit: 43
January 07, 2019, 02:58:01 AM
Hi folks,

It will probably not be a very popular thread but I'll go for it.

We noticed several times now that Bitcoin has a strange tendancy to go down in January, pretty much every year. It was definitely the case in 2018 (happy new year by the way).

Context is very different in 2019, but we had similar cases, for example a crash in January 2015 > https://www.cnbc.com/2015/01/14/bitcoin-falls-below-200-making-some-investors-worry-about-downward-spiral.html

I know many don't want to hear that but just curious, it could very well happen again. Some say this is due to Chinese new year (people cashing out to buy again in March or April). I am not sure but I am curious if it happens again this year, we could go back to a price near $3000 per coin.

Just some thoughts, perhaps some of you are anticipating such trend again.

Any constructive opinion welcome.
Pages:
Jump to: