Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin price fluctuation - page 2. (Read 1414 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
August 26, 2015, 08:59:42 AM
When you open betting account in other currency e.g. USD and your bitcoins deposits are converted into that currency it really matters when to withdraw your money
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Me, myself and I
August 26, 2015, 08:58:08 AM
I think gambling use bitcoin when price low have benefit because when price up you got double profit.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1001
August 26, 2015, 08:40:55 AM
If the price flutation is under 10/20% no problem, but if is more i reconsidered my bet amount
For now, i have buy more litecoin 2 month later at 1.5 euro and i bet litecoin (now value 2,7)
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back
August 26, 2015, 08:38:25 AM
in my case the answer is yes , here is why
I play mostly poker on betcoin , and all of us know that betcoin has WPN tourneys and SNGs and they are all based on USD
for me I mostly play these types of games , so when you want to buy in to these they convert your bitcoins to USD
now if I do good while btc price is down I will make more btc since it's based on USD , but a down swing would be really harmful when btc price is down
so even without buying or selling coins , btc price is really has good and bad results in my game
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
August 26, 2015, 08:38:01 AM
How does bitcoin price fluctuation effects your gambling?
Can this fluctuation be considered as kind of gambling as well?

When price crashes i increase my minimum bets and play harder than ago ..... for me when price is low gambling is easier .........
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
August 26, 2015, 08:30:28 AM

cheaper price means more bitcoins for me to play with

about the price fluctuation, i think its a binary option.

i don't get it why playing with bitcoin when the price is low i think it will be good to win more than risk to lose and wait until the price go up again

Because it will be cheaper to buy coins to gamble when its low. If you win, then keep those coins and wait for the price to rise
i think if you have money to buy many bitcoin than it will be best to keep them out of gambling and you will win without doing anythink

How are you so sure that keeping coins will make you money? buying bitcoins and keeping them is also a form of gambling because you do not know if they would increase in price
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1082
August 26, 2015, 08:11:58 AM
For now not, because i earn bitcoin and play bitcoin. My consideration not is "bitcoin value is 200$ - 500$... , but "today i have earn 0,1 bitcoin, i can bet 10% of my work  Grin
Activity: 462
August 26, 2015, 08:10:34 AM

i don't get it why playing with bitcoin when the price is low i think it will be good to win more than risk to lose and wait until the price go up again

Because it will be cheaper to buy coins to gamble when its low. If you win, then keep those coins and wait for the price to rise
i think if you have money to buy many bitcoin than it will be best to keep them out of gambling and you will win without doing anythink
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
August 26, 2015, 08:07:56 AM

Activity: 462
August 26, 2015, 08:04:15 AM

Activity: 299
August 26, 2015, 07:59:11 AM

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
August 26, 2015, 07:05:14 AM

I should imagine people are more willing to let their bitcoin go when its worth less and more willing to hold when the price goes up.  This effect would only be short term until the eco system adjusts to new prices.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
August 26, 2015, 06:18:13 AM
Well , in a way its cheaper to gamble now compared to last month  Grin Winnings would be lower too as the prices are quite low at the moment. Great time to hog winnings (if you have made any) as prices will soon go up.

For those who trade coins, then yes, its definitely a gamble.

Just my 2cents. Im sure others would think differently.
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
August 26, 2015, 06:14:34 AM
Pages:
Jump to: