Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin price prediction, will it hit >$1k in less than half a year? - page 2. (Read 3499 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
No one has a clue. Anyone who claims to has an agenda or is a bit special.
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
I wouldn't put much trust in those bitcoin will be $x dollars in a year predictions. The technology has potential, that's for sure. Just how much of that potential will come to fruition and whether btc will be the dominant crypto in the future is unknown.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
First of, I know there is a thread for speculation about the BTC/USD, but I want to discuss this bitcoin speculation in a new thread.

I didn't have the chance own bitcoins last year when the prices went to the roof and hit > $1k. But lately i've done more study on the topic and got my self some coins. My question is that if we will see the prices jump to >$1k in less than a half year?

I see a few things that could make this possible, and one thing is that the stock marcket is about to fall, as we have seen for the past days. Therfore it would be smart to invest in BTC. But BTC is also like a roll and coaster, it does have its ups and downs. And not to mention gold, it doesn't seem to be so effective for trading and selling, like BTC. I am thinking of sites like localbitcoins that makes it easy to sell BTC for USD.

Another factor that could bring up the bitcoin price would be if more companies would implement it as a payment methd, right? Not many people will buy a pizza with BTC, although it has happened, but they could buy more expensive things. We also got Bill Gates saying bitcoin is better than currency. Not sure how much this effect the BTC price but it could be a factor, so more people will use BTC in their daily life.

Maybe I am a bit too positive on this whole thing but I want to know what you all think, with some good statments behind it. I read in a thread that it could be between $10k-100k per BTC in 2015, but is that realistic?

Pages:
Jump to: