Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin price pump, altcoins dump? - page 5. (Read 2883 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
August 16, 2017, 02:12:41 AM
My wild guess how this happened, if you are selling your altcoins most probably you will sell it to BTC ,sometimes to ETH. Everytime a trader sells its altcoin, this would push Bitcoin to rise. Thats why, everytime Bitcoin goes down, traders either sell their Bitcoins to USDT or simply buy altcoins.

But the situation Bitcoin falldown, Altcoin rising up in yesterday can't like your mean. Because it's just by small investor hope their altcoin can increasing after breakdown of Bitcoin, but they don't know themselves create trap trend and make market like "recovery".

no, that altcoin short rise was because they reached their bottom!
when an altcoin gets dumped very hard, the price drops fast and big, this means a good opportunity to pick up some cheap coins to sell on the recovery. some people call this a dead cat bounce. you wait for the dump to stop and price to reach the bottom and start buying that altcoin, then in about half a day or so you sell as it recovers for a nice little profit.

for example ETH had about 7-8% recovery today which i enjoyed the profit of.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
August 16, 2017, 01:50:25 AM
My wild guess how this happened, if you are selling your altcoins most probably you will sell it to BTC ,sometimes to ETH. Everytime a trader sells its altcoin, this would push Bitcoin to rise. Thats why, everytime Bitcoin goes down, traders either sell their Bitcoins to USDT or simply buy altcoins.

But the situation Bitcoin falldown, Altcoin rising up in yesterday can't like your mean. Because it's just by small investor hope their altcoin can increasing after breakdown of Bitcoin, but they don't know themselves create trap trend and make market like "recovery".
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
August 16, 2017, 12:44:52 AM
Why do altcoins price dumping. When bitcoin price pump. Is there any explanation about this?

The alternative effect of this, when bitcoin is increasing. The price of alt coin is dumping, this is what's happening. Because alt coin holders are selling their coins and trying to recover from re-investing the profit in bitcoin so price of bitcoin increases.

This is the usual happening when btc up, alts is up. This is due to massive selling of alts and converts to fiat with their bitcoin. But if you remember last time, It happened that when bitcoin was down, alts is also in red.

Yap you just rephrase what I said. Oh yes, that situation I witnessed it that everything, all the crypto's are all in red colors. I called that the bloody week in crypto's and it happened a couple of times I guess or I miss the other times. There's a situation also that all crypto's are pumping altogether and there are very few coins who are being dumped.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 255
August 15, 2017, 08:56:46 PM
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
August 15, 2017, 08:12:45 PM
Why do altcoins price dumping. When bitcoin price pump. Is there any explanation about this?

We can't know the exact reason for this. When bitcoin is undergoing a pump, everybody is trying to get on the bitcoin train. So they sell their altcoins out to buy bitcoin. That's the reason we see dump in alts.
Nahhh , that is the most reasonable thing to blamed ,
People choose to cutloss and move their funds from altcoin to bitcoin mostly ,
So the other people might following too and its automatically makes the market in one sided to bitcoin only ,
The trade volume produced always decrease in altcoin and increased so high in bitcoin.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 450
August 15, 2017, 08:05:07 PM

The alternative effect of this, when bitcoin is increasing. The price of alt coin is dumping, this is what's happening. Because alt coin holders are selling their coins and trying to recover from re-investing the profit in bitcoin so price of bitcoin increases.

This is the usual happening when btc up, alts is up. This is due to massive selling of alts and converts to fiat with their bitcoin. But if you remember last time, It happened that when bitcoin was down, alts is also in red.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
August 15, 2017, 07:16:00 PM

Activity: 907
Merit: 500
August 15, 2017, 07:05:06 PM
This type of situation happen when the investors are limited and they want to shift their money from one asset to another like nowadays the investors and withdrawing their money from altcoins and they are investing them in bitcoin as they know the price of bitcoin will now increase without any problem to them.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
August 15, 2017, 07:01:05 PM

We can't know the exact reason for this. When bitcoin is undergoing a pump, everybody is trying to get on the bitcoin train. So they sell their altcoins out to buy bitcoin. That's the reason we see dump in alts.
as bitcoin is the main currency therefore most of the people try to invest money in bitcoin and when they feel that now the price of bitcoin is increasing they widthraw all their investment from other currencies and try to invest it in bitcoin therefore when bitcoin pumps other altcoin dumps.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
August 15, 2017, 01:07:33 PM

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
August 15, 2017, 12:55:42 PM
there is no easy explanation for this, only speculation and guesses.

for starters you should know that altcoin market is treated like penny stocks [1]. and people know it is a short term big profit and not much else. with that in mind, my speculation is that whenever the big guy (being bitcoin) is performing well, traders are start to focus their attentions (their money) on bitcoin to make the most profit and leave altcoins alone.
there is also the effect of USD value of altcoins which creates some kind of sell pressure on the their value and speeds up the dumping process.

[1] www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pennystock.asp
Activity: 479
Merit: 104
August 15, 2017, 10:16:37 AM
Pages:
Jump to: