Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it - page 34. (Read 192699 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi All,

I've been reading this and other related topics for a few weeks and I'm trying to understand the complexity of the different algorithms and approaches.

For Pollard's Kangaroo algorithm, someone gave an estimate of 2^66.05 operations needed for solving #130 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5244940.2740 not sure how they reached this conclusion, but from reading about the algorithm it has a similar complexity to BSGS). This equals ~7.6x1019 operations needed.
For BSGS, from reading about it, is has a complexity of O(n1/2). Taking the square root of the range (2130 - 2129 - 1) equals ~2.6x1019 operations needed.

Is this correct? Is BSGS more efficient, or is it just a wrong way of calculating the efficiency?
I think I'm missing something in estimating the total "operations needed" for these algorithms. Is there a better/correct way of doing this?
Edit: -> Reading keyhunt's documentation, it says it can easily reach the speed of several peta-keys per second (1018), so I'm definitely missing something...

Considering HW limitations, I am still not familiar with how different Kangaroo implementations work, I see that the JeanLucPons' based on VanitySearch requires GPU power (I assume more cores means better, but not sure what is the requirement for VRAM, CPU, RAM).
For BSGS, seems like keyhunt is the best, and works better with more RAM and more CPU cores.
Am I missing anything? Are there any other/better tools available for searching the ranges with known public keys?
Activity: 286
Merit: 15
Maybe disabling RBF would be a start, and using a high fee.

Yep, that's the solution. It is one-time try only.

This has been bugging me and put me off from searching 66.
Ok so say i found it can i make the fee high enough like in electrum and broadcast it a few minutes before the next block ?
This way i have a few mins to get in next block before the pub key is cracked. Is this possible.?
Otherwise what is the point ?

That is the enigma. Maybe 66 is already hacked, but no one will make transaction first.

130 is safe Grin
Activity: 14
I still don't understand, by whom it will be broken, I also wrote software and I am searching randomly.

What should we do to transfer, add the private key in online wallets and go to the transfer form, use phone apps, which wallet software should we use to withdraw the balance, or write a program for the Bitcoin transfer form or  Should we add its in Bitcoin core???

If you initiate a transaction you will reveal the public key. Since it belongs to a 66-bit public key, you can quickly find the private address with kangaroo or bsgs because you know the range and it is "narrow". Then you will start your transaction and generate a double expense. To win you will "bid" a higher transaction fee to get more confirmations faster.
If there is any mistake in this, someone correct me.

I am grateful to the members of this group and I thank them very much for providing good information and guidance. I ask many questions more for a deep understanding of the issue rather than seeking a solution myself; of course, my intention is not self-praise, I just can't be a bystander to the problems.

As far as I understand, you mean that powerful individuals and teams like mining pools or similar ones have very high processing power and can accomplish our efforts to search for block 66, which may take several years, in less than a day? And while we have requested the transfer of Bitcoin, they may also register it with a higher fee, and more people repeat this process, creating something like an auction?

Are they still unaware of the existence of the Bitcoin puzzle so they can think about it sooner?
Activity: 33
I still don't understand, by whom it will be broken, I also wrote software and I am searching randomly.

What should we do to transfer, add the private key in online wallets and go to the transfer form, use phone apps, which wallet software should we use to withdraw the balance, or write a program for the Bitcoin transfer form or  Should we add its in Bitcoin core???

If you initiate a transaction you will reveal the public key. Since it belongs to a 66-bit public key, you can quickly find the private address with kangaroo or bsgs because you know the range and it is "narrow". Then you will start your transaction and generate a double expense. To win you will "bid" a higher transaction fee to get more confirmations faster.
If there is any mistake in this, someone correct me.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 219
Shooters Shoot...

Ok so say i found it can i make the fee high enough like in electrum and broadcast it a few minutes before the next block ?
This way i have a few mins to get in next block before the pub key is cracked. Is this possible.?

Your tactic could work, but there is no way to know when the next block happens, it could be 2 minutes, it could be hours. You can play the average block time for sure, but even that is not 100%.

Some claim there is a way around it all, but I'm not sure how.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 219
Shooters Shoot...
Hello everyone.

I need a Python script that would check two text files, and if the text in the lines matches, then the script would write “Match found” and write the matching text to a new file. If there is no match, then it would write “No matches found.”

Can anyone help?

Something like this:

Code:
def check_files(file1, file2, output_file):
    with open(file1, 'r') as f1, open(file2, 'r') as f2:
        lines1 = f1.readlines()
        lines2 = f2.readlines()

matches = [line for line in lines1 if line in lines2]

with open(output_file, 'w') as out:
        if matches:
            print("Match found")
            for match in matches:
                out.write(match)
        else:
            print("No matches found")

check_files('file1.txt', 'file2.txt', 'matches.txt')

Activity: 2
Thanks for all your replies, i appreciate for it.

I still just wondering how many keys i can crack per second with Rtx4090?

There is a program which i tried before it's modified version of bitcrack which is synchronized with vanitygen which is working much faster than original bitcrack.

Did anyone tried it with Rtx4090?

Activity: 239
Merit: 53
New ideas will be criticized and then admired.

That is currenly useless, even disabling that flag in your transactions, it still can be replaced due Nodes configurations.

So we are in a big problem, there should be standard rules for all nodes so that rbf makes sense and is optional and not permanent.
but I don't think the rules will be changed for the puzzles.
Activity: 862
Merit: 662

That is currenly useless, even disabling that flag in your transactions, it still can be replaced due Nodes configurations.
Activity: 244
Merit: 126

Activity: 239
Merit: 53
New ideas will be criticized and then admired.
Hello everyone!
I have a simple question about the power of gpu cards and the time to crack the puzzle 66

What is the actual cracking speed of Rtx 4090(Doesn't matter if bitcrack kangaroo or vanity) the faster one will be the better.

I want to calculate if i get 30x Rtx4090 How many days or months do i need to crack p66?

Hundreds of years.
Once you crack it you'll want to spend it, so you'll have to disclose the public key over the network.
Once everyone sees the public key and knows it has a 66-bit private key, they will crack the private key in
a few seconds at most and double spend, making your efforts completely futile.
So I guess the reward for ruining a lots of hardware and paying for the power goes straight to zero, since everyone will fight to double spend, making the fee higher and higher and the net profit going to zero.

Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
So all the bitcoins that are from 66 bits to 160 bits have no financial value?

that's not what he said. But the lower bits puzzles like #66 is cracked within seconds as soon as the public key is revealed. If you succeed in cracking #130 you're safe and can payout your reward without fearing that anyone else double-spend your effort Wink
quote]
Hundreds of years.
Once you crack it you'll want to spend it, so you'll have to disclose the public key over the network.
Once everyone sees the public key and knows it has a 66-bit private key, they will crack the private key in
So I guess the reward for ruining a lots of hardware and paying for the power goes straight to zero, since everyone will fight to double spend, making the fee higher and higher and the net profit going to zero.
[/quote]

So all the bitcoins that are from 66 bits to 160 bits have no financial value?
Hello everyone!
I have a simple question about the power of gpu cards and the time to crack the puzzle 66

What is the actual cracking speed of Rtx 4090(Doesn't matter if bitcrack kangaroo or vanity) the faster one will be the better.

I want to calculate if i get 30x Rtx4090 How many days or months do i need to crack p66?

One RTX 4090 on Linux gets 3 GH/s, that is ~3000 MH/s. I am talking here about BitCrack. If you have 12x RTX 4090 (as some machines on vast.ai) you can make linear multiply by 12. That is ~36 GH/s.

Time taken to whole its space is months or years. If you want to go through all possible private keys in the puzzle 66 range.

Even miners which have several 4090 will not switch from mining to cracking puzzle 66. It is higher cost.
Activity: 85
Merit: 21
Hello everyone!

Hundreds of years.
Activity: 2
Hello everyone!

Hello everyone.

I need a Python script that would check two text files, and if the text in the lines matches, then the script would write “Match found” and write the matching text to a new file. If there is no match, then it would write “No matches found.”

Can anyone help?

Code:
comm -12 <(sort "$1") <(sort "$2")

or

Code:
# command line parameters:
# $1 input: file with patterns to search for
# $2 input: file in which you search for patterns
# $3 output: file to which put found matches

grep -a -Ff "$1" "$2" > "$3"
Activity: 862
Merit: 662