Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Pyramid [Beta] - The oldest working pyramid - page 3. (Read 9179 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
A ponzi by any other name would smell as sweet.  Tongue
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
The identity you talk about can always be faked. No one will trust a ponzi just because you say that.

Unfortunately I wasn't very clear on my comment. What I meant is that I have another account here for a long time. I use my real identity in that account and have plenty of recommendations from other members who know me.

I agree this might bring doubts, but as you can see most of the income is sent to members as soon as possible and only values below the limit stay in my possession... there isn't much to be stolen.

Ponzi?? If nobody deposit the game is over

Actually the pyramid has also an advertising platform which brings income to the members as long as we have a good public reaching our site.
Every advertise has also two addresses which allow everyone to pay to improve visibility or reduce visibility for the ad... resources spent doing this are also shared among members.
There is also an "special" ad which users can promote in order to avoid advertises.

This IS a pyramid... i.e. a completely transparent pyramid.... the second oldest one in the Bitcoin world.... but it is also an advertising platform... you can get paid for the ads.... your odds of getting paid from ads or new users depends on your level of participation... in that sense it is a controlled gamble....

A Gamble.... so stop throwing out words like 'ponzi'. A ponzi is NOT TRANSPARENT.... you can literally follow the money on this site all the way back to the beginning.... you know it all... where it comes in, how it is distributed, where it goes out.... it is a pyramid... not a ponzi....

And unlike most pyramids it is also an advertising engine.....

Thanks for helping with the doubts of newcomers.

Everyone should consider this being a game, we are not promising turning members rich overnight. The rules are clear about how it works (although they can change a little in the future to attract new users).

got about 0.5 btc in the cash out process.  i'll put some back in, when the server migration is done.

Great, this way you improve your odds to receive other payments while keeping the site active. Thanks!!

Will wait for more information.

I hope you like what you see... Please don't hesitate in asking question or making suggestions.

That's called a ponzi I guess.
How will the members that do not follow referral link become referrals of random users? Wouldn't that be cheating?

Every member has to become someone else's referral. This way people reaching the site without a referral are referred to one of the existing members.

But I would be glad to hear suggestions about any other way this could be done.

If refferal random is good, is transparance.

Thanks.

Is this use pyramid scheme / ponzi scheme
Anyway, both of them are very dangerous

And become refferal to someone random is pretty unfair, i think
What do you suggest to make it fair ?

We have setup twitter account and a subreddit. Please help to promote it as it helps everybody.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Bass Player

Dangerous? In what sense? Like betting that Seattle might win the superbowl?

It's 'gambling'.... that is all it is....

Open, transparent, exactly what it seems/is....

It has been online for 4 years....
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Me, myself and I
If refferal random is good, is transparance.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
That's called a ponzi I guess.
How will the members that do not follow referral link become referrals of random users? Wouldn't that be cheating?
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Will wait for more information.
Activity: 695
Merit: 502
PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38
got about 0.5 btc in the cash out process.  i'll put some back in, when the server migration is done.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Bass Player
This IS a pyramid... i.e. a completely transparent pyramid.... the second oldest one in the Bitcoin world.... but it is also an advertising platform... you can get paid for the ads.... your odds of getting paid from ads or new users depends on your level of participation... in that sense it is a controlled gamble....

A Gamble.... so stop throwing out words like 'ponzi'. A ponzi is NOT TRANSPARENT.... you can literally follow the money on this site all the way back to the beginning.... you know it all... where it comes in, how it is distributed, where it goes out.... it is a pyramid... not a ponzi....

And unlike most pyramids it is also an advertising engine.....
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Me, myself and I
Ponzi?? If nobody deposit the game is over
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
The identity you talk about can always be faked. No one will trust a ponzi just because you say that.
Check our subreddit and Twitter.
This project was originaly created and maintained by arsenische in 2011 but due to lack of time it is changing hands now. The original thread is available at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-pyramid-beta-the-oldest-working-pyramid-old-thread-29390

This account was created exclusively to manage this project but I have been a bitcointalk member for a long time using my real identity. This other username and my real identity was disclosed to arsenische. He can provide the details if anything bad happens to the project :-)

Here are some features:
- no password or email address needed
- no limitations on hierarchy depth
- no limitations on the size of membership fee (you can start with 0 btc!)
- about a half of deposited money goes to random members
- new members that do not follow referral links become referrals of random members
- automatic payouts when income hits the threshold (0.05 btc currently)
- all the pyramid info is published on the site, daily backups of the whole mysql database are available at http://bitcoinpyramid.com/backups
- due to previous 2 features, there is almost nothing to hack!

It is in beta-stage yet, I will be grateful for any questions, comments and bug reports.

The registration is open again for new members. I will run the payouts manually for a few days to confirm everything is ok before changing it to automatic.

As soon as the migration to the new server is completed we can start discussing ways to improve it and bring more members onboard.
Pages:
Jump to: