Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin-QT Core Problem - Keypool 100 transactions limi - Reward for help: 2 BTC - page 4. (Read 5227 times)

staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
Your post is a little hard to understand.

So, just to be sure, what happened was you formatted your drive, reinstalled Bitcoin Core, restored your Jan 2016 backup, and then sent Bitcoin without being synchronized.

So what did you do after that? If you still have the wallet file from when you sent the Bitcoin, the private key to the change address should still be there and you should still be able to access the Bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Hello, guys.

Disclaimer:
I'm working for companies related with Bitcoin since 2013, I create a new account only for no exposure my name for everybody now. I will pay the 2 BTC if we find a solution.

Problem:

Using OS/X, my HD stopped work. I tried to recover, without success. Had to format the computer. As I have my Bitcoin-QT Backup from January/2016 I was okay and didn't worried.

After formatting the computer and wait to syncronize the Bitcoin-QT it takes too long on OSX, and I had to make a transaction, and my Ledger was not with me.

First important point: I did a transaction without the wallet totally syncronized.

After it, I keep waiting the wallet syncronized. When it finished, I notice that few coins were missing.

Second important point:  After discussing on Bitcoin Core Slack channel with few friends and inclusive GMaxwell, I discovered that this transaction I generate without the full blockchain downloaded didn't return the "change" to my backup from January/2016. So, I lost the change of this transactions, because the QT backup I was using had only 100 Key pool limit (address for change address)  and as I already did more than 100 transactions from the last backup, the change is inside a address that I'm not sure if I have the private key.

Third important point: I tried to recover the wallet.dat from the date that I made the transaction, maybe the private key is there. I hired a professional recover HD company but they were not able to find the wallet.dat from between July/Sep 2016 (probably with the private key for this address)

I appreciate any help and would be happy to answer any question that maybe helps solve this problem.  Just for make sure you are not spending your time, send me a private message if you believe you can find a solution, and I will give more details about myself, so you have sure you will get paid the 2 BTC if helps recover the coins.

Thanks for your attention.
Pages:
Jump to: