Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin QT not synching - page 3. (Read 3762 times)

staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
November 28, 2015, 09:07:35 PM
the debug log is 530 705 lines long from just the last 24hrs.  Won't paste into the window.  I can wait to see if the AVG exception change has worked...
Then just put it in http://pastebin.com/ and give us the link. Or you can give us a chunk from the bottom which includes all of the last time you tried to start it.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 28, 2015, 09:05:24 PM
the debug log is 530 705 lines long from just the last 24hrs.  Won't paste into the window.  I can wait to see if the AVG exception change has worked...
staff
Just writing some code
November 28, 2015, 08:28:03 PM
Thanks knightdk.  I've added the bitcoin data folder to the exceptions list in AVG.  How do I post the debug log in the code brackets? I tried just pasting it into this post window but it doesn't work.
paste it into the post window and then highlight it all and click the button with the pound symbol (#) above the emojis.
November 28, 2015, 08:20:36 PM
Thanks knightdk.  I've added the bitcoin data folder to the exceptions list in AVG.  How do I post the debug log in the code brackets? I tried just pasting it into this post window but it doesn't work.
staff
Just writing some code
November 28, 2015, 06:55:22 PM
Thanks guys.  Yes, I did send coins to the wallet without synching first.  I posted on the thread you linked to but my post was deleted by a moderator, who told me to start a new thread as that one apparently contains out of date info.

Not sure how much of the debug log you want me to post knightdk but here's a bit:

2015-11-28 16:34:24 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: non-final
2015-11-28 16:34:32 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: nonstandard transaction: dust
2015-11-28 16:34:35 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: non-final

If you mean post all of it then I will but it's long.

have had a look at my AVG anti-virus but no success in listing the file as an exception.  I'm not too technical on computers so any help with that is appreciated.
We will need all of it. Put it in the code brackets.

On AVG (at least the version that I have) you click the options arrow and select Advanced Settings. Then go to the Exceptions option and click add exception. Then just follow the instructions and add the entire data directory as an exception.
November 28, 2015, 06:49:41 PM
Thanks guys.  Yes, I did send coins to the wallet without synching first.  I posted on the thread you linked to but my post was deleted by a moderator, who told me to start a new thread as that one apparently contains out of date info.

Not sure how much of the debug log you want me to post knightdk but here's a bit:

2015-11-28 16:34:32 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: nonstandard transaction: dust
2015-11-28 16:34:35 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: non-final

If you mean post all of it then I will but it's long.

have had a look at my AVG anti-virus but no success in listing the file as an exception.  I'm not too technical on computers so any help with that is appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
November 28, 2015, 06:21:02 PM
Hi guys.  Apologies if this is repetitive but I've gone through the relevant thrads I could find and haven't been able to find a solution.  Your help is appreciated.

I bought some coins and have been unable to view them in my wallet due to  Bitcoin QT never successfully loading the blockchain despite countless attempts over the last three weeks.  I'm brand new to BTC so know nothing technical about it other than what I've tried so far.  I'm running windows 7 starter, 2.0GHz with about 57Gb hard drive space:

1. https://blockchain.info/it/wallet/import-wallet Tried dragging wallet.dat file here based on my reading of an old thread on here but 'unexpected end of file' or some such error repeatedly comes up
2. Tried deleting blockchain and all other files (except wallet.dat) numerous times.  Seems to continually stick at either 2 years 26 weeks or 1 year 51 weeks.  Restarts involve QT reindexing the downloaded files due to them being 'corrupted'
3. Have run extended memory checks on my PC and memory is fine

Thank you for any suggestions for the simplest solution to a. checking that the coins I bought are safe, and b. having a useable wallet

A bit, you're mostly in the same situation of that thread just under yours;
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-qt-taking-forever-to-sync-progress-sometimes-goes-back-122198

Also i'm not sure you actually have enough space. I dont know if it need to unpack and need some swap file space but the block chain size is about 50gb by itself now. And the process of syncing can take many days of uninterrupted work.

So go ahead and check that thread, it contain a work around, one you might not even need to go through by just getting a SPV wallet, unless you also went and sent money to one of your addresses without syncing first.

TLDR: Get a SPV Wallet.
staff
Just writing some code
November 28, 2015, 05:22:08 PM
As long as you have the wallet.dat file your coins will always be safe.

Can you post the debug.log file here? There isn't any sensitive information in that and it will help us diagnose your problem. I suspect that it may have something to do with an antiviurs. Check that your antivirus software has the data directory as an exception.
November 28, 2015, 05:11:05 PM
Hi guys.  Apologies if this is repetitive but I've gone through the relevant thrads I could find and haven't been able to find a solution.  Your help is appreciated.

I bought some coins and have been unable to view them in my wallet due to  Bitcoin QT never successfully loading the blockchain despite countless attempts over the last three weeks.  I'm brand new to BTC so know nothing technical about it other than what I've tried so far.  I'm running windows 7 starter, 2.0GHz with about 57Gb hard drive space:

1. https://blockchain.info/it/wallet/import-wallet Tried dragging wallet.dat file here based on my reading of an old thread on here but 'unexpected end of file' or some such error repeatedly comes up
2. Tried deleting blockchain and all other files (except wallet.dat) numerous times.  Seems to continually stick at either 2 years 26 weeks or 1 year 51 weeks.  Restarts involve QT reindexing the downloaded files due to them being 'corrupted'
3. Have run extended memory checks on my PC and memory is fine

Thank you for any suggestions for the simplest solution to a. checking that the coins I bought are safe, and b. having a useable wallet
Pages:
Jump to: